Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Foundry loose integration (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65924)

Farling November 20th, 2021 07:24 AM

Version 1.15

The first image in each topic will also be used as the image for the generated journal entry. (as requested my Merion in https://forums.wolflair.com/showpost...&postcount=153)

The module is now compatible with Foundry V9 prototype 2 (and still works on 0.8.9).

A version warning is issued about only working on 0.89, but it will work on V9 prototype 2.

Farling November 23rd, 2021 02:46 AM

Version 1.15.1

Changed the permission required for players to see links to LIMITED (previously it was OBSERVER).

Updated the compatibleCoreVersion to 9 so that no warnings are generated on Foundry V9.

Farling November 24th, 2021 04:11 AM

Version 1.16

Some improvements have been made to imported scene notes:
Updates for scene Notes:
- The title of a map pin is now displayed within ">> title <<" instead of the previous "\*\*title\*\*".
- The text is broken across multiple lines (default max line length set to 60 in module settings) - this does not affect the note title/linked journal name.
- Multiple occurrences of "& #xd;" in the map pin descriptions are replaced by just a newline.
- The "GMDIR:" indicator has been put on it's own line with down arrows to indicate which text is the GM directions.
- The font size is now configurable in the module settings.
- The display of GM notes has been changed so that less of the core foundry code has been copied into this module.

Sword_of_Spirit November 27th, 2021 01:16 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I noticed that the new format of map notes on unrevealed topics having a crossed eye isn't occurring for some map notes.

In my Castle Ward (Waterdeep) scene, for instance, there are two unrevealed journal topics ("5 - Red-Eyed Owl" and "6 - Sleepy Sylph") that are showing up without the eye on the map notes. I'm including pictures of both the GM and Player views.

"- The "GMDIR:" indicator has been put on it's own line with down arrows to indicate which text is the GM directions."

I'm not actually sure what that one does? I'm not seeing any down arrows (not that it needed them).

I also attached a picture with the duplicated relationships and links in case you were wondering what I was talking about.

Farling November 27th, 2021 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 297565)
I noticed that the new format of map notes on unrevealed topics having a crossed eye isn't occurring for some map notes.

In my Castle Ward (Waterdeep) scene, for instance, there are two unrevealed journal topics ("5 - Red-Eyed Owl" and "6 - Sleepy Sylph") that are showing up without the eye on the map notes. I'm including pictures of both the GM and Player views.

"- The "GMDIR:" indicator has been put on it's own line with down arrows to indicate which text is the GM directions."

I'm not actually sure what that one does? I'm not seeing any down arrows (not that it needed them).

I also attached a picture with the duplicated relationships and links in case you were wondering what I was talking about.

The crossed-eye icon is displayed if the PIN is not revealed on the smart image. The circle indicates that the pin has been revealed. In both cases, this is separate from whether the linked topic has been revealed.

Unfortunately, Foundry doesn't display map pins (notes) if the linked topic has NO permission for the player - regardless of my revealed state on each pin. - I will look to see if I can force the note to be visible, and then check to see if that causes issues when clicking on it.

For the GM indicator; previously a map note would appear as something like:

** title **
player note
GMDIR: gm notes

whereas the new format is

** title **
player note
-vv--- GMDIR ---vv-
gm notes

Unfortunately the way that Foundry does Notes is that we only have text to customise - we aren't able to add any formatting or changes in font size.

Farling November 28th, 2021 01:42 PM

Version 1.17 is available

Relationship annotations & Smart image map pins display to players

Change the presentation of annotations for relationships since they can be multi-line (whereas annotations on other snippets are single line only). The annotation of
a relationship now appears in emphasis (italics) immediately below the relationship details (still part of the same bullet).

Add a soft (optional) dependency on libWrapper, just in case any other modules want to interact with notes and/or journal links.

Only enable the relevant notes/links/gmtext sub-modules depending on whether logged in as GM or player.

Revealed map pins will always have the scene Notes be displayed to players even if the linked journal entry is not visible to the player. If the linked journal entry is NOT visible to the user then the Note will be displayed to the non-GM player as if it was a not-connected note. The tint colour of the icon will be set correctly based on whether or not the player can see the linked journal entry.

For users hosting on Forge, additional metadata has been added to the module information.

Use correct constants for token disposition.

Also fixes an issue where players were seeing too many scene notes if they logged in after the scene had been activated by the GM.

Removed a debug statement that was being reported as a warning in your browser console.

Sword_of_Spirit November 28th, 2021 08:16 PM

I didn't even realize that map notes could have GM Directions, lol. Had to look that up in RW, since I'd never used them.

Is there an easy way to implement the revealed vs. hidden map note status you've added on new notes from within Foundry? It will get sort of messy and confusing if map notes imported have that extra functionality, but new map notes I create don't. Also not sure how to adjust it on imported notes, to reveal the note for instance without revealing the content.

Farling November 29th, 2021 04:33 AM

Update Note Config window to provide multi-line text entry areas for Note Label and GM Notes.

Update Note Config window to allow revealed state of scene Notes to be changed.

Add two new icon types (Boxed Circle and Crossed Eye) to the list of available icons for scene Notes (since these are used to identify imported map pins).

Add module options to set the icon tint colours to be used when displaying notes to players to indicate if they are linked to an accessible journal entry.

I would just like to point out that this was done BEFORE sword_of_spirit asked for it ;-)
Actually, since he posted at 5:16AM GMT, technically it was done AFTER he asked for it, but definitely it was BEFORE I saw that he asked for it.

Farling November 29th, 2021 04:35 AM

The REVEALED state handling of scene Notes, and the "GM Notes" handling will soon be split out into a separate module from the RW importer since it seems like this could be useful for all Foundry users.

Farling November 30th, 2021 03:15 AM

1.19 is available

The non-core import functions have been moved into separate modules, so you don't need the import module active while running your game.

You will be prompted to install these additional modules when you next update.

- GM-only text for Notes
- Disguise unreachable links
- Optional "reveal" state for Notes

These modules will work stand-alone, as well as the import module setting up the imported information to work with these modules.

MNBlockHead December 20th, 2021 10:16 PM

Wow, I have not been on these forums for a long time. On a whim, I dediced to check it out. So glad I did. I have a VM of a Windows 11 machine running in Parallels on my MacBook Pro with RealmWorks Installed so that I can access content in it from time to time, even though I rarely use RealmWorks any more.

I'm going to have fun testing this over the weekend.

Any issues with this module and the recent release of Foundry v 9?

daplunk December 21st, 2021 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 297785)
Wow, I have not been on these forums for a long time. On a whim, I dediced to check it out. So glad I did. I have a VM of a Windows 11 machine running in Parallels on my MacBook Pro with RealmWorks Installed so that I can access content in it from time to time, even though I rarely use RealmWorks any more.

Hey stranger.
If you are looking for Farling... or... well most of the old RW users... we have moved.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/obsidianttrpgusers/
or
https://discord.com/invite/veuWUTm (find the #tabletop-games channel)

Farling is very very active in these circles currently.
As are a heap of old faces.

Farling December 22nd, 2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNBlockHead (Post 297785)

I did a quick test and it is still working properly.

It doesn't touch the changes that were made in v9 - even the now-three separate plugins are still working properly (and have more downloads than just the RW->Foundry integration module).

Merion January 24th, 2022 02:56 PM

Hey, thanks for the image conversion to .webp - worked great!
My realmworksimport folder, where the images are stored, went from 850MB to 150MB! This will most certainly have an impact on my player's loading times!

One more question though: the "Only import new topics" and "Overwrite previously imported things" options probably only work if the imported stuff stays in the Realm Works Import folder, right?

PAtman21967 January 26th, 2022 03:38 AM

Import .por issue

It seems when I import a .por file, none of the equipment is in the right place. I notice weapons , armor and stuff are in the miscellaneous tab and I cannot get them equipped in the right place. Perhaps I am doing something wrong

Farling January 26th, 2022 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merion (Post 298051)
One more question though: the "Only import new topics" and "Overwrite previously imported things" options probably only work if the imported stuff stays in the Realm Works Import folder, right?

Those two options will work correctly regardless of where the journal entries exist. It uses the realm works UUID to match the realm works entry to the correct journal entry in Foundry - so even a change of name is tracked properly (or at least, it should work for topics whose names have changed).

Farling January 26th, 2022 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAtman21967 (Post 298077)
It seems when I import a .por file, none of the equipment is in the right place. I notice weapons , armor and stuff are in the miscellaneous tab and I cannot get them equipped in the right place. Perhaps I am doing something wrong

If I could have a copy of the .por file, and the name of the game system, I could have a look at what is going wrong.

Farling January 27th, 2022 05:50 AM

Version 1.22 has some improvements to the PF1 Actor decoding.

It still isn't perfect, but it is getting closer - and is a lot quicker than manually entering everything into Foundry :)

PF-Traits and PF-Racial-Traits are now processed for Traits.
PF-Feats are now also checked for Feats.
PF-Magic Items are now processed properly again for magic items.
"Spells Memorized" will be added if there are no "Spells Known" in the Portfolio file.
Try to support trait names in the "Pathfinder 1e content" where the trait name has the book source appended to it.
Remove racial attribute bonuses from base attribute values (if race is found in a compendium).
KNOWN BUG: weapons and armour with special qualities are not detected (they are listed in the "Miscellaneous" section of the Inventory).
KNOWN BUG: Natural Armor AC is always copied into the "Natural Armor AC" of the Combat tab, even if it comes from a magic item.

Note that the "Pathfinder 1e content" module will provide a lot of more items than are in the SRD, but some of those items (like bracers of armor +6) are not set up to change your character stats.

Alcinwq January 28th, 2022 05:32 AM

Interesting information

Sword_of_Spirit January 30th, 2022 06:44 PM

I found one more glitch. I tried to change the setting for "Location of Extracted Assets" from the default to a different folder (in this case Data/media/realmworksimport), and it ruined the import. Only 4 or 5 scenes made it in, and it didn't look like any journal entries made it in. (Lots of errors in the console naturally.) Worked fine in the default location.

Farling February 6th, 2022 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 298163)
I found one more glitch. I tried to change the setting for "Location of Extracted Assets" from the default to a different folder (in this case Data/media/realmworksimport), and it ruined the import. Only 4 or 5 scenes made it in, and it didn't look like any journal entries made it in. (Lots of errors in the console naturally.) Worked fine in the default location.

I'd be interested in seeing the first few errors in the console. One of the early ones might indicate why it doesn't like the supplied location.

Did you mean that the settings panel now says,

[data] media/realmworksimport

Or did you actually select "Data/media/realmworksimport" from the folder picker?

Sword_of_Spirit February 7th, 2022 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 298225)
I'd be interested in seeing the first few errors in the console. One of the early ones might indicate why it doesn't like the supplied location.

Did you mean that the settings panel now says,

[data] media/realmworksimport

Or did you actually select "Data/media/realmworksimport" from the folder picker?

That's strange. It worked this time. The time it didn't work it actually uploaded the files to the correct folder--it just didn't finish implementing them or the journals in the world.

It's the former path. Maybe I did the latter last time? I don't know. Maybe there was just a glitch.

Farling February 15th, 2022 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 298244)
That's strange. It worked this time. The time it didn't work it actually uploaded the files to the correct folder--it just didn't finish implementing them or the journals in the world.

It's the former path. Maybe I did the latter last time? I don't know. Maybe there was just a glitch.

It's good to hear that it is working now though :-)

Sword_of_Spirit August 9th, 2022 08:35 PM

I'm not sure if you need any sort of heads up for this, but Foundry v10 will be on the release channel soon, and with its journal system completely revamped, there may be tweaks that need to be made to the module for it to work right. Once it's out I'll report any abnormalities I can find.

Farling August 12th, 2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sword_of_Spirit (Post 299739)
I'm not sure if you need any sort of heads up for this, but Foundry v10 will be on the release channel soon, and with its journal system completely revamped, there may be tweaks that need to be made to the module for it to work right. Once it's out I'll report any abnormalities I can find.

I already have the journal code updated - it will have only one page per journal document though. There isn't an easy way to understand which RW topics might be pages within a single journal document.

Actor generation is more difficult, since each supported game system would have to be re-evaluated and tested to ensure that actors are created from the embedded HL portfolios. Actor generation for CoC7 is already working in the V10 version.

I am awaiting each game system to be converted to work with V10 before I can start on converting my importer for that game system (DND5E, PF1, SWADE)

SLger January 22nd, 2023 11:50 AM

Hello, i use the Realm Works Importer for Foundry VTT and i imported the .por-Files from the pc and nsc - that works, but i can't open their character sheets. Need help!

I use Foundry 10.291 and Realm Work Importer 2.7

Farling January 23rd, 2023 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLger (Post 300736)
Hello, i use the Realm Works Importer for Foundry VTT and i imported the .por-Files from the pc and nsc - that works, but i can't open their character sheets. Need help!

I use Foundry 10.291 and Realm Work Importer 2.7

Which game system and version of that game system?

I haven't updated the dnd5e importer to support dnd5e v2.1.x, but it should stil work with dnd5e v2.0.x

SLger January 23rd, 2023 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 300737)
Which game system and version of that game system?

I haven't updated the dnd5e importer to support dnd5e v2.1.x, but it should stil work with dnd5e v2.0.x

i use Pathfinder 1 version 0.82.5 for foundry vtt

Farling January 24th, 2023 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLger (Post 300739)

My test imports seem to work properly in that version of the PF1 system.

Is it possible for you to send me the POR file as a DM so that I can test it.

Also, could you look in the browser console (open with F12 on Windows) in order to see if there are any errors reported during the import process.

Farling January 31st, 2023 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLger (Post 300739)

I had somebody report an issue, but that was because the update button actually installed version 0.551 of pathfinder 1 rather than a later version.

SLger February 5th, 2023 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 300745)
My test imports seem to work properly in that version of the PF1 system.

Is it possible for you to send me the POR file as a DM so that I can test it.

Also, could you look in the browser console (open with F12 on Windows) in order to see if there are any errors reported during the import process.

Here is one of the .por-files

The Numerator July 21st, 2023 01:28 PM

Hey there!

Love the importer (use it just for HL Classic files), however it seems like with the latest update the importer stopped working. When I try to import a .por, the status gets stuck at "Reading [file name].por" with no actors being created.

I tried unpdating the module, uninstalling and reinstalling the module, and in the world itself disabled and re-enabled the importer. I also tried different .por files (including one that I had previously imported) and still the same result. Any help would be appreciated!!!

I'm running Pathfinder 1e (9.1) and it looks like Realmworks Importer 2.8.1. Neither are flagged as having compatibility issues.

Farling July 22nd, 2023 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Numerator (Post 301759)
Hey there!

Love the importer (use it just for HL Classic files), however it seems like with the latest update the importer stopped working. When I try to import a .por, the status gets stuck at "Reading [file name].por" with no actors being created.

I tried unpdating the module, uninstalling and reinstalling the module, and in the world itself disabled and re-enabled the importer. I also tried different .por files (including one that I had previously imported) and still the same result. Any help would be appreciated!!!

I'm running Pathfinder 1e (9.1) and it looks like Realmworks Importer 2.8.1. Neither are flagged as having compatibility issues.

It is probably caused by a change in the format of Actors in PF1 version 9.1

I will need to investigate to see what needs changing.

Farling July 22nd, 2023 03:38 AM

There are a few changes which I need to make for PCs to import properly.

Farling July 22nd, 2023 04:51 AM

PF1 characters should now import properly for Foundry PF1 v9.x on Foundry V11 (module version 2.9.0)

(Note that you still need to set the character type in the module settings.)

The Numerator November 9th, 2023 07:35 PM

It's been working well since the update!

One question... I noticed when I upload monsters w/ class levels, the HP that they gain from the favorite class seem to go away. If I look at the class setting, it's showing as NPC and not Base. I did check the module settings, and I have the default set to base.

I'm uploading from HL files, which are saved from using the Encounter Builder for the official PF APs (currently Runelords). Is there something in the HL build that is causing this to override the module default?

If you wanted to do a simple test, just try importing a goblin. It's supposed to have 5 HP, but once imported only shows 4.

Farling November 10th, 2023 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Numerator (Post 302506)

One question... I noticed when I upload monsters w/ class levels, the HP that they gain from the favorite class seem to go away. If I look at the class setting, it's showing as NPC and not Base. I did check the module settings, and I have the default set to base.

I'm uploading from HL files, which are saved from using the Encounter Builder for the official PF APs (currently Runelords). Is there something in the HL build that is causing this to override the module default?

If you wanted to do a simple test, just try importing a goblin. It's supposed to have 5 HP, but once imported only shows 4.

I think that the official monsters from the PF APs might not have all of their data exported, due to the copyright(?) nature of the data stored in HL. Although I could be wrong.

I will have a quick look at some point to see if that is the case.

I've raised https://github.com/farling42/fvtt-im...orks/issues/85 to track it.

Farling November 20th, 2023 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Numerator (Post 302506)

When I used HL's Encounter Builder and selected "Goblin" to put into it's own POR file, importing this POR file into Foundry created a goblin with 6 HP (which matches the number in HL).

This is with Foundry 11.314, PF1e 9.5 and Realmworks Importer 2.9.1

I've release 2.9.2 to support the changes in Foundry's PF1 version 9.x series (so that creature ability scores are set correctly based on the Race of the creature).