Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric December 6th, 2017 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 259885)
Just so I know I am sure I have this correct, this replaces the eval script for Deity's Favored Weapon for Favored Soul?

Thanks.

No. It replaces the script for the feat Weapon Specialization found in Custom - Core Book Mods.

Zakier December 13th, 2017 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 259798)
Can you point me to the source/page this is listed on. I can't seem to find it.

Yeah it's in races of ebberon page 26 under shifter traits

Sendric December 13th, 2017 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakier (Post 260121)
Yeah it's in races of ebberon page 26 under shifter traits

Ah, thanks. Unfortunately, that source book hasn't yet been added to the community set. I'll add it to the to-do list, but I can't promise it's going to be very high on the priority list.

Zakier December 14th, 2017 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 260122)
Ah, thanks. Unfortunately, that source book hasn't yet been added to the community set. I'll add it to the to-do list, but I can't promise it's going to be very high on the priority list.

That's odd, the shifter race is already in the files and all then other racial options are there.

Shaman964 December 14th, 2017 11:57 AM

I am building a Warpriest (PrC) of Hextor and I ran into errors.

When you take the first level of the PrC, you get the a bonus domain linked to your deity but the description has what is likely a copy and paste error as it states 'You gain access to the Oracle Domain abilities and spells.

When I assign my spellcasting levels to Cleric then go to the cleric tab to add spells when I try to assign new Domain spells I get the following error: "Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression."

Also Hextor's description gives martial weapon proficiencies in flail, heavy flail, and dire flail yet it does not seem to get assigned. Same with the Weapon Focus option for a cleric of that deity.

Dami December 14th, 2017 12:12 PM

I don't see the 'Oracle' reference you are reporting, but I do get the error when assigning spells.
Looks like you chose 'War' Domain for your cleric - the proficiency bonus comes from the domain, not really the deity. (Note Dire Flail is Exotic, not martial) It doesn't look like the domain adds the feat correctly (feat is assigned but no bonus).

Sendric December 14th, 2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakier (Post 260173)
That's odd, the shifter race is already in the files and all then other racial options are there.

The shifter race is included in the Eberron Campaign Setting, so the racial options that you see are from there.

Sendric December 14th, 2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 260176)

When I assign my spellcasting levels to Cleric then go to the cleric tab to add spells when I try to assign new Domain spells I get the following error: "Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression."

Ok, this is a little confusing. There's a note in the Warpriest's Bonus Domain ability that talks about how the bonus domain is applied, but I can't find any rules anywhere that back it up.

Here's the note:
Quote:

Casters who memorize their spells may choose to memorize one of the domain spells in place of another spell. Casters who cast spontaneously may choose to add one of the domain spells to their spells known list, though they are still limited by the number of known spells. Casters who use a spellbook may scribe these spells into their spellbook from another spellbook or scroll. Once scribed, they may choose to memorize one domain spell per level per day. Use the selector to determine which class to apply these new spells to.
Can anyone verify if the above is correct?

In the meantime, I've written a new script to replace the one currently found on the Warpriest's Bonus Domain ability which will work with the Cleric class or any class that uses secondary spells. Feel free to replace the script with this (note the change in timing as well):

(Complete Divine Class Special)

Pre-levels/12000
Code:

~ get out if we haven't chosen anything.
doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

~ set our focus to chosen class
perform field[usrChosen1].chosen.setfocus

~ pull the tags that grant domain spells from the domain and apply to chosen class
perform hero.findchild[BaseClrDom,"CustTaken.cHelpWpt"].pulltags[ClsScAllSp.?]
perform focus.pushtags[ClsScAllSp.?]

Sendric December 15th, 2017 04:43 AM

Quote:

When you take the first level of the PrC, you get the a bonus domain linked to your deity but the description has what is likely a copy and paste error as it states 'You gain access to the Oracle Domain abilities and spells.

Fixed. Thanks.

Sendric December 15th, 2017 04:45 AM

Quote:

Also Hextor's description gives martial weapon proficiencies in flail, heavy flail, and dire flail yet it does not seem to get assigned. Same with the Weapon Focus option for a cleric of that deity.

This is a bug in the Favored Weapon Focus feat (core). I will attempt to fix it.

Update: I have it working up to the point where once you add the favored weapon to your portfolio, it will apply both proficiency and weapon focus. Not sure yet how to make the weapon appear as proficient in the selection menu.

Update #2: Note that the dire flail should not be listed as a favored weapon. I have fixed this for the next release.

Shaman964 January 1st, 2018 01:53 PM

I am not sure if this is a bug or whether the PrC is still being worked on, the Hunter of the Dead from Complete Warrior does not show its Spell list when you take the PrC.

Sendric January 2nd, 2018 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 260922)
I am not sure if this is a bug or whether the PrC is still being worked on, the Hunter of the Dead from Complete Warrior does not show its Spell list when you take the PrC.

Thanks for the report. I've fixed this for the next release.

Dark_Soul January 6th, 2018 06:59 AM

The Crusader (Tome of Battle) is applying its 2nd-level ability, Indomitable Soul, at level 1.

Create a 1st-level Crusader with 10's for Dex, Con, and Wis, and an 18 Charisma. You'll end up with saves of +6 Fort, +4 Ref, and +4 Will, when they should be +2, +0, +0 respectively.

spyker_katarn January 15th, 2018 01:54 PM

Couple things I've noticed:

• Thanks for fixing the Factotum class. The only thing that's really missing at this point is the Font of Inspiration feat from the WOTC website: http://archive.wizards.com/default.a.../frcc/20070606. This one might be a bit tricky since it scales with each time the feat is taken (first instance gets one IP, second gets two additional IP, third gets three, and so on).
  • The Martial Study and Martial Stance feats (TOB p31) allow you to select a school, but doesn't trigger a new maneuver selection on the relevant class tab (warblade/crusader/swordsage). This one might also be tricky though since it's a fighter bonus feat as well, which doesn't have a martial stance/maneuver section.
That's all I've seen so far; thanks!

Sendric January 15th, 2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyker_katarn (Post 261494)
Couple things I've noticed:
  • Thanks for fixing the Factotum class. The only thing that's really missing at this point is the Font of Inspiration feat from the WOTC website: http://archive.wizards.com/default.a.../frcc/20070606. This one might be a bit tricky since it scales with each time the feat is taken (first instance gets one IP, second gets two additional IP, third gets three, and so on).

• Ok. I'll add this to the list.

Quote:

• The Martial Study and Martial Stance feats (TOB p31) allow you to select a school, but doesn't trigger a new maneuver selection on the relevant class tab (warblade/crusader/swordsage). This one might also be tricky though since it's a fighter bonus feat as well, which doesn't have a martial stance/maneuver section.
Quote:

That's all I've seen so far; thanks!
Both of these feats are working as intended. If selected as a fighter bonus feat, you must then go to the feat tab to select which class it applies to and which stance/maneuver you want. This will then populate that class's custom ability options with those choices. Admittedly, it is a bit cumbersome. It may be possible to reduce the number of steps required, but since it's working that would be a low priority.

Sendric January 15th, 2018 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 261140)
The Crusader (Tome of Battle) is applying its 2nd-level ability, Indomitable Soul, at level 1.

Create a 1st-level Crusader with 10's for Dex, Con, and Wis, and an 18 Charisma. You'll end up with saves of +6 Fort, +4 Ref, and +4 Will, when they should be +2, +0, +0 respectively.

Thanks for the report. Should be an easy fix.

spyker_katarn January 16th, 2018 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 261504)
Both of these feats are working as intended. If selected as a fighter bonus feat, you must then go to the feat tab to select which class it applies to and which stance/maneuver you want. This will then populate that class's custom ability options with those choices. Admittedly, it is a bit cumbersome. It may be possible to reduce the number of steps required, but since it's working that would be a low priority.

Oh, I see. It's adding a helper item to the feat tab near the bottom of the list. That's not what I was expecting to see, since I'm testing on a Warblade 9 (though I suppose it makes sense for non-TOB fighters). I was expecting to see the Maneuver or Stance section on the class light up with the relevant new selections. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Sendric January 16th, 2018 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spyker_katarn (Post 261528)
Oh, I see. It's adding a helper item to the feat tab near the bottom of the list. That's not what I was expecting to see, since I'm testing on a Warblade 9 (though I suppose it makes sense for non-TOB fighters). I was expecting to see the Maneuver or Stance section on the class light up with the relevant new selections. Sorry for the misunderstanding!

No problem. Once you make the selection, it should become available in the relevant section.

Dimension76 January 18th, 2018 12:01 PM

Tower Shield is -2 attack,

Tower Shield is -2 attack, currently calcs with -1

Dami January 18th, 2018 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimension76 (Post 261618)
Tower Shield is -2 attack, currently calcs with -1

I get the -2 penalty to attacks when using a Tower Shield. (Just checked with a 1st Fighter) Maybe you have something that is reducing the penalty? (Or an unexpected +1 to attack from something else?)

Dimension76 January 19th, 2018 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 261620)
I get the -2 penalty to attacks when using a Tower Shield. (Just checked with a 1st Fighter) Maybe you have something that is reducing the penalty? (Or an unexpected +1 to attack from something else?)

Ooops, my bad. It was something else causing the -1. Sorry! No bug there

Shaman964 February 1st, 2018 12:24 AM

Somewhere in reworking the domains in this latest version it now no longer recognizes the extra domain one gets to choose as a Radiant Servant of Pelor between Glory and Purification.

The validation error states Glory: Your deity does not offer this domain.

The bonus domain is granted at 5th level for the PrC.

Favored Soul now applies Deity's Weapon Specialization to all weapons and armor giving validation errors for each weapon not having Weapon Focus except for the actual Favored Weapon.

Sendric February 1st, 2018 04:02 AM

[QUOTE=Shaman964;262450]Somewhere in reworking the domains in this latest version it now no longer recognizes the extra domain one gets to choose as a Radiant Servant of Pelor between Glory and Purification.

The validation error states Glory: Your deity does not offer this domain.

The bonus domain is granted at 5th level for the PrC.[/quote

Ah. I see the problem. Quick fix: Open the Greyhawk Gazeteer and edit Pelor to add cdGlory2 and cdPurify2 as allowable domains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 262450)

Favored Soul now applies Deity's Weapon Specialization to all weapons and armor giving validation errors for each weapon not having Weapon Focus except for the actual Favored Weapon.

I don't seem to be able to reproduce this. Can you provide more info and/or attach a portfolio that shows this problem?

Shaman964 February 1st, 2018 08:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here it is. Maybe I screwed something up in my settings.

Dami February 2nd, 2018 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 262518)

I opened your character, and added a number of different weapons to the character. None of them got any extra attack bonus, only exactly what they should receive. No validation errors. Don't see anything happening with armor either.
If you were thinking of the "Adamantine Dagger" as having an extra +1 to attack, perhaps you are forgetting that its masterwork?

Sendric February 2nd, 2018 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 262518)

I'm seeing the validation reports, and will look into what's causing them. Thanks.

Update: Looks like I failed to properly update the Weapon Specialization feat with the most recent update. To fix this issue, open the Custom - Core Book Mods file in the editor, and replace the entire eval script for fWepSpec2 with the following:

Code:

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
      doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~ Set focus from the drop down or the Target.? tag
      var id  as string
      var name as string
      call fTargetId
      ~ We can't do anything without a unique id
      doneif (empty(id) <> 0)

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
      foreach pick in hero where "IsWeapon." & id
        perform eachpick.assign[Broadcast.WepSpec]
        nexteach

~ Set our 'short name'
      field[fShortName].text = "Spec: " & name

~ Forward the weapon specialization tag for the weapon to the hero
      perform hero.assignstr["WepSpec." & id]

Shaman964 February 2nd, 2018 07:11 PM

I get the following error when I compile it.

Thing 'cFASDeiWeS' - Condition phase/priority (First/9999) for bootstrap thing 'fWepSpec2' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/100)

Not sure if I screwed it up but thank you for your patience and help.

Edit: Switched First to Levels and it looks like it is working now. Please let me know if it should be something else.

Dark_Soul February 3rd, 2018 09:51 AM

I've got another error regarding Weapon Specialization:

Invalid tag expression specified for 'foreach' statement
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'fWepSpec2' (Eval Script '#1') near line 12

It seems to apply correctly, but continues popping up pretty much whenever I do anything else.

Sendric February 3rd, 2018 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 262576)
I get the following error when I compile it.

Thing 'cFASDeiWeS' - Condition phase/priority (First/9999) for bootstrap thing 'fWepSpec2' occurs after earliest rule/script (First/100)

Not sure if I screwed it up but thank you for your patience and help.

Edit: Switched First to Levels and it looks like it is working now. Please let me know if it should be something else.

That's fine. It shouldn't have been on "first" anyway. The community set version's script runs at Pre-Levels/5000.

Sendric February 3rd, 2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 262588)
I've got another error regarding Weapon Specialization:

Invalid tag expression specified for 'foreach' statement
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'fWepSpec2' (Eval Script '#1') near line 12

It seems to apply correctly, but continues popping up pretty much whenever I do anything else.

I was seeing this before I replaced the current script. You need to completely erase the script currently in the community set and replace it with the above script.

Dark_Soul February 3rd, 2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 262593)
I was seeing this before I replaced the current script. You need to completely erase the script currently in the community set and replace it with the above script.

That did it, thanks.

Gotrek February 11th, 2018 10:50 AM

If I select the Martial Wizard variant from UA, the bonus feat (from fighter list) doesn't appear as available. The feat Scribe Scroll is eliminated in the right way

Dark_Soul February 11th, 2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 262914)
If I select the Martial Wizard variant from UA, the bonus feat (from fighter list) doesn't appear as available. The feat Scribe Scroll is eliminated in the right way

I've encountered this as well. It eliminates Scribe Scroll but doesn't replace it with a selectable bonus feat. It does grant bonus feats correctly at level 5+, but not at level 1.

Sendric February 12th, 2018 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 262914)

Thanks for the report. Fixed.

Horcoel February 20th, 2018 07:48 AM

now i noticed,i dont know if you are aware of this,there is something wrong with paladin variants.You cant give paladin levels ıf your character is not lawfull good (completaly disappears from list)

Sendric February 20th, 2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horcoel (Post 263289)
now i noticed,i dont know if you are aware of this,there is something wrong with paladin variants.You cant give paladin levels ıf your character is not lawfull good (completaly disappears from list)

I'm afraid I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Can you explain?

Horcoel February 20th, 2018 10:23 AM

You cant give paladin levels if your character's aligment isnt Lawfull good.For example if you are trying to do a Lawfull evil Paladin of Tyranny,you select paladin of tyranny from variants sector and set your aligment to lawfull evil but then you cant find Paladin cursor from classes/template section it disappears because you are not lawfull good.For level up my PoT to 12th lvl,I had to change his aligment to LG temporary : D

ShadowChemosh February 20th, 2018 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horcoel (Post 263301)
You cant give paladin levels if your character's aligment isnt Lawfull good.For example if you are trying to do a Lawfull evil Paladin of Tyranny,you select paladin of tyranny from variants sector and set your aligment to lawfull evil but then you cant find Paladin cursor from classes/template section it disappears because you are not lawfull good.For level up my PoT to 12th lvl,I had to change his aligment to LG temporary : D

Make sure you have set the class selection to ALL things instead of valid things. The base paladin class requires LG but once added to a character it can be other alignments based on the archetype.

LiamChgo February 28th, 2018 05:54 PM

I have a player that is a cleric of Sune. He decided to multiclass to paladin. But it only gives him light or medium armor, while a paladin should have heavy armor as well.
After searching this forum, it appears that this is a known issue, but is there a chance of getting it fixed anytime soon? The posts I found about it go back almost a year.

Sendric March 1st, 2018 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiamChgo (Post 263705)
I have a player that is a cleric of Sune. He decided to multiclass to paladin. But it only gives him light or medium armor, while a paladin should have heavy armor as well.
After searching this forum, it appears that this is a known issue, but is there a chance of getting it fixed anytime soon? The posts I found about it go back almost a year.

Does this have to do with variant classes? Pretty sure it's a core bug, so I'm not sure there's much I can really do about this one.