Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric January 8th, 2021 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 292940)
The kundala has access to spell levels 1-4. The matrix has it set up for 0-3. That first column is 0, not 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 292941)
The matrix in hero lab starts at 0 for level 1 and ends at 19 for level 20. It is confusing but how all the classes seem to work.

I see the confusion now. Illyahr is referring to the columns here, not the rows. I'll make the adjustment. Thanks, Illyahr.

Provos January 8th, 2021 12:25 PM

ah sorry about that.

Illyahr January 8th, 2021 07:32 PM

The Samurai custom ability Daisho Specialization from Rokugan Campaign Setting has the wrong feat bootstrapped.

Provos January 15th, 2021 05:14 PM

Devoted Performer from Complete Adventurer has a typo in Eval Script the line should say bard levels.

~ Add our monk levels to Smite Evil Damage

Provos January 17th, 2021 08:27 PM

Sinspawn Wrathspawn and all other Sinspawn variants from Rise of the Runelord should have 2 claw attacks but it is only has one so it doesn't seem to qualify for the multiattack feat it also should have. Not sure where these are located.

Sendric January 20th, 2021 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 292770)
The Shadowcaster (for some reason) is giving extra mysteries known with high Charisma when the Mouseferatu update is active. I don't know why this is as it isn't mentioned in the update. The extra uses per day is already attached to the mysteries themselves

The second item on the list is:

Quote:

2) Grant bonus mysteries per day based on Charisma. These would work just like bonus spells. For instance, if your Cha is 14, you can cast one extra mystery of 1st-level equivalent and one of 2nd-level equivalent per day. (Note that each mystery does give an equivalent level, even though you don't learn them by level.)
ref:
https://www.enworld.org/threads/shad...feratu.184955/

Are you saying they are getting double the extra mysteries?

Sendric January 20th, 2021 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 293282)
Sinspawn Wrathspawn and all other Sinspawn variants from Rise of the Runelord should have 2 claw attacks but it is only has one so it doesn't seem to qualify for the multiattack feat it also should have. Not sure where these are located.

This is a core issue. Bit of a longer fix. I'll make a note.

Illyahr January 20th, 2021 06:09 AM

Double post. Nothing to see here

Illyahr January 20th, 2021 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 293318)
The second item on the list is:

ref:
https://www.enworld.org/threads/shad...feratu.184955/

Are you saying they are getting double the extra mysteries?

Getting extra mysteries/day is is from the thread and is covered by coding on the mysteries themselves. For some reason, the class itself is giving extra mysteries known also, which is not in the thread.

Sendric January 20th, 2021 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 293322)
Getting extra mysteries/day is is from the thread and is covered by coding on the mysteries themselves. For some reason, the class itself is giving extra mysteries known also, which is not in the thread.

It seems likely I misinterpreted the rule. I'll remove the bonus known mysteries. Thanks.

Provos January 21st, 2021 01:52 PM

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Duplicate attempt to replace thing 'ioHsSpeed' by things 'ioHsSpd' and 'ioHsSpeed2'

Provos January 21st, 2021 01:52 PM

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

Duplicate attempt to replace thing 'ioHsSpeed' by things 'ioHsSpd' and 'ioHsSpeed2'

When I tried loading 3.5 after update Had small error but it was just my custom files where I fixed things for myself and the new update fixing same thing.

Provos January 21st, 2021 01:59 PM

duplicate post somehow

Illyahr January 21st, 2021 04:52 PM

Both versions of Reverse Gravity (spRevGrav7 & spRevGrav8) are registering as 8th-level spells. I can't find which file the spell is in, though.

Provos January 21st, 2021 05:41 PM

Age of Worms stuff was not from Dungeon Magazine it was from Athas.org. It is a community created update for Dark Sun. There was no official release for 3.0/3.5

http://athas.org/products/ds3
http://athas.org/products/ae

Sendric January 22nd, 2021 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 293376)
Both versions of Reverse Gravity (spRevGrav7 & spRevGrav8) are registering as 8th-level spells. I can't find which file the spell is in, though.

Core issue. We'll have to do a replacement to fix it.

Sendric January 22nd, 2021 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 293377)
Age of Worms stuff was not from Dungeon Magazine it was from Athas.org. It is a community created update for Dark Sun. There was no official release for 3.0/3.5

http://athas.org/products/ds3
http://athas.org/products/ae

Ok. What exactly is the bug report here?

Provos January 22nd, 2021 04:52 AM

The movement of the data confused me. Also Athasian Elf is show as counts as type Dust mephit and not showing type humanoid.

Sendric January 22nd, 2021 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 293387)
The movement of the data confused me.

It was moved in 1.27 per bodrin's comments:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 290130)
Hi Sendric.

Small issue with the update, not interface breaking, The Age of Worms dataset is source allocated incorrectly to DARK SUN - Campaign Setting Books. It should be sourced to Dungeon Magazine

I wrote the dataset when I initially ran the Adventure path, circa 2006, however I didn't get round to updating the source.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Worms

I know nothing about Age of Worms so I took his word for it.

Quote:

Also Athasian Elf is show as counts as type Dust mephit and not showing type humanoid.

I assume this is in Age of Worms. I'll put it on the list.

Provos January 22nd, 2021 06:33 AM

Yeah the links I shared are the sourcebooks for 3.5 Darksun. There was some stuff in Dungeon magazine #110,#111 there is also some stuff in Dragon Mag. #315 and #319 but it is not the source that I used. Athas.org which has been around since 2000 created 3.0 and 3.5 rules and campaign book for Dark Sun when Wizards did not release it as a campaign setting for those editions.

Quote:

This site is recognized by WotC as the Official Dark Sun site on the internet. Content created on the official website is considered to be derivative work (as it is based on the intellectual property owned by Wizards of the Coast). This means that fan-created add-ons (such as new net books, adventures, etc.) are jointly owned by both Wizards of the Coast and the creator; neither can do anything outside the official website without the permission of the other.

Sendric January 22nd, 2021 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 293389)
Yeah the links I shared are the sourcebooks for 3.5 Darksun. There was some stuff in Dungeon magazine #110,#111 there is also some stuff in Dragon Mag. #315 and #319 but it is not the source that I used. Athas.org which has been around since 2000 created 3.0 and 3.5 rules and campaign book for Dark Sun when Wizards did not release it as a campaign setting for those editions.

Hmm...I'm not really sure if I want to change it again. Certainly if more data gets added it's something we should consider. I'll put it on a list somewhere to monitor.

Provos January 22nd, 2021 07:19 AM

No problem was just wanting to let you know since you said you didn't know much about Dark Sun. ��

Dami January 22nd, 2021 02:10 PM

"The Age of Worms" Adventure Path is NOT 'Dark Sun'. It was released in Dungeon Magazines #124-#135. The AoW notes I've seen state that its set in an "abstracted" World of Greyhawk, and there are notes for conversion to Eberrron or Forgotten Realms. I haven't looked at the material involved in this discussion, so I'm not sure what's actually in it - it sounds like Bodrin used the original stuff, not a DS conversion.

Athas is the world of Dark Sun - Athasian Elves ARE Dark Sun material, not Age of Worms.

Provos January 23rd, 2021 05:28 AM

Ah I'm not sure where I got Age of worms name from from all the other things were from Athas.org sources. This could have caused the confusing. Thanks Dami.

Provos January 23rd, 2021 01:43 PM

The latest update used an older version for The Book of Fiends that has the wrongs source and adds Bof to the top of the sources list and the Thaumaturge class isn't working right plus the the variant class of it in there too.

Illyahr January 23rd, 2021 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 293383)
Core issue. We'll have to do a replacement to fix it.

It's a core spell but the format shows that it is a replacement thing. The original ones have a copy for each class. The spSpellX template was added in the community files. I have absolutely no idea how to search for it, though, since it doesn't have a source tagged due to being a replacement for the copies from core.

Sendric January 23rd, 2021 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 293423)
It's a core spell but the format shows that it is a replacement thing. The original ones have a copy for each class. The spSpellX template was added in the community files. I have absolutely no idea how to search for it, though, since it doesn't have a source tagged due to being a replacement for the copies from core.

All of the core spells were replaced, but we can still replace the replacement (as far as I know) so it can be fixed. You can't access the core data files.

Sendric January 23rd, 2021 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 293422)
The latest update used an older version for The Book of Fiends that has the wrongs source and adds Bof to the top of the sources list and the Thaumaturge class isn't working right plus the the variant class of it in there too.

This file was included by accident because I suck, but it's relatively harmless. The extraneous Bof source is caused by the spell Eyebite.

Provos January 23rd, 2021 03:05 PM

Nah man you don't suck. You just have a lot of things to juggle on the updates

Provos January 25th, 2021 07:19 AM

It seems most domains for Dragonlance Campaign Setting don't have spells selected

Sendric January 25th, 2021 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 293445)
It seems most domains for Dragonlance Campaign Setting don't have spells selected

The Dragonlance files are a complete mess and I'm afraid to look at them....but it's on the to-do list....some day.

Provos January 25th, 2021 01:06 PM

Most alternate familiars by master size pg 203 DMG. are not made

Khelgar February 14th, 2021 01:57 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for all of your hard work!
I have recently realised that Drd 6 spell Greater Dispel Magic is missing from the druid's list of spells. Is there a way for me to add or does it need an engine update?
Thank you

Monteparnas February 19th, 2021 01:38 PM

It have been some days now that some portfolios I work with are presenting this brand new error message upon oppening:

Quote:

Attempt to access non-existent child pick 'kSklTrick' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'tmParag' (Eval Script '#1') near line 3
This repeats itself several times, I think twice the amount of heroes in the portfolio with the Paragon template. It is quite a number, since this is the very theme of my current campaign.

For now I didn't noticed any problem at all. The portfolio still opens and works fine, and I didn't noticed any issue neither does the inside report gets anything out of place. None of my players took Skill Tricks, so I didn't had the opportunity to see if they got affected.

Sendric February 20th, 2021 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monteparnas (Post 293708)
It have been some days now that some portfolios I work with are presenting this brand new error message upon oppening:

This repeats itself several times, I think twice the amount of heroes in the portfolio with the Paragon template. It is quite a number, since this is the very theme of my current campaign.

For now I didn't noticed any problem at all. The portfolio still opens and works fine, and I didn't noticed any issue neither does the inside report gets anything out of place. None of my players took Skill Tricks, so I didn't had the opportunity to see if they got affected.

My guess is the script in the Paragon template uses "hero.child" instead of "hero.childfound".

UPDATE: yes, line 3 of first script.

Sendric March 1st, 2021 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khelgar (Post 293573)
Hi everyone, thanks for all of your hard work!
I have recently realised that Drd 6 spell Greater Dispel Magic is missing from the druid's list of spells. Is there a way for me to add or does it need an engine update?
Thank you

Hi. Sorry I missed this post. I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Are you still seeing it?

Sendric March 1st, 2021 04:21 AM

Quote:

The movement of the data confused me. Also Athasian Elf is show as counts as type Dust mephit and not showing type humanoid.

I took a look at this, but I'm not seeing this error. Are you still able to reproduce this?

Provos March 1st, 2021 02:35 PM

Ok so now it doesn't show up that way. That is odd.

Jayhova April 1st, 2021 11:15 AM

Vestment of Many Styles

I am looking for the Vestment of Many Styles out of Races of Eberron. I checked to make sure the source was selected, but still, no dice. Was this missed or have I screwed up somewhere? >Newbie<:D

RoE page 175
Vestment of Many Styles: This suit of clothes
transforms itself into different fabrics and designs,
allowing the wearer to alter her outward appearance
with a command word. The vestment grants a +2
circumstance bonus on Disguise checks in any situations
where clothing is part of the disguise (so that it
wouldn’t help disguise a sorcerer who had shapechanged
into a red dragon, for example), but does not change or
disguise any armor worn.
Moderate transmutation; CL 9th; Craft Wondrous
Item, creator must be a changeling; Price 500 gp.

Dami April 1st, 2021 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhova (Post 294469)
I am looking for the Vestment of Many Styles out of Races of Eberron. I check to make sure the source was check but no dice. Was this missed or have I screwed up somewhere?

That item wasn't done as part of the Eberron files.