Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Version 14.17 of the Pathfinder files for Hero Lab is now available! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=62491)

Aaron April 24th, 2019 02:44 PM

Version 14.17 of the Pathfinder files for Hero Lab is now available!

Have you ever wondered at how the planar powers cooperate and compete but the planes spin on? Find out the details of the powerful Monitor Demigods that make up the Concordance of Rivals. Or if your interest is more material than planar, check out all the new powers and tricks available in Heroes of Golarion. You'll need them, as this month we catch up on all 6 issues of the Return of the Runelords adventure path. Not since the Anniversary Editions have we released an AP all at once, so we hope you'll enjoy it!

Player Companion #35 (with Heroes of Golarion!)
Campaign Setting #21 (with Concordance of Rivals!)
Note that this package will include two books (Concordance of Rivals and Druma: Profit and Prophecy), which is smaller than usual for a Campaign Setting Package, so will be discounted to $4.99.
Return of the Runelords Encounter Library

New Releases
  • Heroes of Golarion is now available as the first book in our Player's Companion #35 package!
  • Concordance of Rivals is now available as the first book in our Campaign Setting #21 package!
  • The Return of the Runelords Adventure Path is now available!

Enhancements & Changes
  • The Stalwart feat has been implemented.

Bug fixes
  • The Giant Cockroach monster race had CR 1, instead of CR 1/2.
  • Archetypes for classes with custom, user-added companions (like a spiritualist's phantom, but not older companions like animal companions) were not applying effective level adjustments.
  • When using Piecemeal armor, armor check penalty from proficient armor was applying to attacks.
  • Greater Weapon Focus and Greater Weapon Specialization were showing an error referring to a non-existant version of Weapon Specialization.
  • Spells may now be entered into Sihedron Tome items as spellbooks.

Grolock April 27th, 2019 06:08 PM

Hey there, I can't seem to get access to the Return of the Runelords Encounter library

Sent a support ticket, am I the only one having this problem? doesn't even appear as an option in the library.

pprest00 May 21st, 2019 12:34 PM

Hi there..when will the archetype and class options from the Tyrant's Grasp adventure paths become available? Do I need to buy the encounter library for that?

Thanks!

Aaron May 22nd, 2019 08:20 AM

Tyrant's grasp player content should be released with each chapter's release. Player content from an AP, like archetype/class options is considered core content, so it is free to all players once released, you do not need to buy the corresponding Encounter Library.

Krothos May 22nd, 2019 12:03 PM

Why so few bugs fixed with this update? Are the developers focusing more on HLO and PF2? The reason I ask is because I've submitted a number of tickets/bugs found in PF1. Many of those tickets have been marked 'Closed', and I assume the developers have corrected them, but those issues still exist in the software with the latest update.

Angela2013 May 22nd, 2019 02:30 PM

How do you check to see which tickets have been closed. Was wondering about the character sheet image not printing.

Krothos May 22nd, 2019 04:41 PM

- Snip -

Krothos July 16th, 2019 10:27 AM

When is the next PF1 update going to be released? It's been a minute since the last update. Thanks.

Doki-Chan August 11th, 2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 279041)
Tyrant's grasp player content should be released with each chapter's release. Player content from an AP, like archetype/class options is considered core content, so it is free to all players once released, you do not need to buy the corresponding Encounter Library.

So is part 6 up yet? Only asking because I looked at Nocticula's Boons regarding the Redeemer Queen and I don't appear to be able to select anything from Deific Obedience yet...

(also with one of the previous books, there was a supplied on the Paizo blog two Prestige Archetypes they couldn't fit into the book; is someone going to try to mod those...?)

Farling August 11th, 2019 01:40 PM

All hands on PF2, thus no updates to PF1 for 4 months almost (and counting).

willuwontu August 19th, 2019 06:22 PM

It's likely due to that, and the fact that the alternate capstones from chronicle of legends are going to be a pain to implement.

Ualaa September 6th, 2019 04:44 AM

Looking forward to Chronicle of Legends.

I'd imagine the alternate capstone would be done as an archetype for each class, that just replaces the capstone.

Krothos September 19th, 2019 10:44 AM

Anything on when the next PF1 update will be released? Last update was released in April, 5 months ago.

There is still PF1 material to be released in HL, and numerous bug fixes needed (a few I reported myself over the last year).

Lj Stephens September 19th, 2019 01:40 PM

Hi Krothos. We promise to keep you posted. Just as soon as we can say, we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.

Krothos November 4th, 2019 08:48 AM

Still no information on when next PF1 update will post? Now 7 months since last update.

Toblakai November 4th, 2019 12:29 PM

I wonder if it is because of this:

Quote:

First off, Hero Lab Classic isn’t going anywhere and it just received a major upgrade in the form of native 64-bit support on both Windows and Mac. If you haven’t downloaded them yet, please do so, as you should see both performance and stability improvements. We also have several data packages ready and waiting for release. However, Apple has changed their rules and is now refusing to let us update our Hero Lab Classic iPad app, so the new packages have been held up while we determine how to appease Apple. We obviously want to release them on all platforms simultaneously, but we’ll need to come to an agreement with Apple before we can do so. We’ll provide an update as soon as we make some headway here.
I know Apple has a serious greedy side, and don't like missing out on getting a cut of DLC, I bet this is an argument where LWD is trying to avoid paying Apple a cut of all the purchases of data packs and a cut of HeroLab itself.

Azhrei November 4th, 2019 01:16 PM

Well, that's speculation but it's certainly possible. Unless one party or the other describes what's going on, we won't know. I do know that Apple has updated their App Store policy in the past in ways that have pissed off developers, but who knows?

Ualaa November 5th, 2019 05:42 PM

It would be nice to either have communication on the issue, or to at least have the PC/MAC version released, even if the App version cannot be released.

I appreciate that it would be nice for all versions to be released at once, but if you have updates ready to go, except for one of the platforms -- and there's an ongoing and lengthy issue with that platform, it makes sense to release for the ones that are ready rather than waiting half a year or more.

Or at least communicate with the customer base.

Maidhc O Casain November 5th, 2019 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ualaa (Post 283542)
It would be nice to either have communication on the issue, or to at least have the PC/MAC version released, even if the App version cannot be released.

I appreciate that it would be nice for all versions to be released at once, but if you have updates ready to go, except for one of the platforms -- and there's an ongoing and lengthy issue with that platform, it makes sense to release for the ones that are ready rather than waiting half a year or more.

Or at least communicate with the customer base.

Yep, this.

Dami November 5th, 2019 09:33 PM

From BJ in the Discussion forum: "The lack of updates for PF1 largely revolves around an issue with Apple that is moving at the speed of molasses in winter. We are doing all we can to try and work with them but are being blocked from updating the app."

Maidhc O Casain November 6th, 2019 09:18 AM

Right - got that one.

That still leaves open the desire for them to go ahead and roll out the update for PC users. If it's ready, push it out please! If the situation were reversed and it was the PC version being blocked but the Apple users could get it, I'd personally be absolutely OK with it being rolled out for them but not me. So I guess I don't understand the logic behind holding it for everyone.

Mathias November 6th, 2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 283560)
Right - got that one.

That still leaves open the desire for them to go ahead and roll out the update for PC users. If it's ready, push it out please! If the situation were reversed and it was the PC version being blocked but the Apple users could get it, I'd personally be absolutely OK with it being rolled out for them but not me. So I guess I don't understand the logic behind holding it for everyone.

Because characters can be transferred between the desktop and iPad versions, and unless those are using the same data, there would be major errors encountered each time a character is transferred.

Maidhc O Casain November 6th, 2019 10:20 AM

Gotcha! Thank, Mathias.

Minous November 6th, 2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 283560)
Right - got that one.

Issue with rolling out to not all platforms is that you get errors when transferring por files between them. Worst cast the por files are no longer openable on some platforms.

EDIT: took forever to write this, several above posts snuck in first.

DrShakyHands April 6th, 2020 10:18 PM

Any update?

Farling April 7th, 2020 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrShakyHands (Post 287618)
Any update?

You'll have be more precise as to what you are referring, since V14.18 is out.