Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Psionics (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56191)

tooley1chris July 12th, 2016 04:22 AM

Psionics

Has anyone started work on a home brew of psionicist or Unearthed Arcanas Awakened Mystic? Don't wanna reinvent the wheel. :)

Mergon July 12th, 2016 06:53 AM

I've created the Mystic v2 for personal use; however its full of kludges and errors. I have started cleaning it up for the Community pack, but keep getting distracted by RL issues. . :(

tooley1chris July 12th, 2016 09:52 AM

Would you be willing to share this, for my own personal use? Maybe I can help track down some of those errors. :)

Mergon July 12th, 2016 09:55 AM

I'm willing. If you find bugs, report them to me please. Remember, this was created for my personal use in my game campaign, so there may be some extras stuff in the .user file that I will be removing for the Community pack. :)

tooley1chris July 12th, 2016 10:02 AM

Most excellent. Thank you for sharing!

tooley1chris July 12th, 2016 10:45 AM

Wanted to see it in action before I made a judgement, so I took it up a few levels and the class seems...pretty underwhelming, huh? Not sure any of my group, myself included, would want to play this. Seems the other classes would out pace the mystic from start to finish. Am I missing something?

Mergon July 12th, 2016 10:48 AM

Actually, its a pretty powerful class with a caster and a melee equivalents. It does only go up to 10th level atm though. Still. its a class that a wizard can multi-class into.

I'd read the pdf from the Unearthed Arcana website.

tooley1chris July 12th, 2016 11:30 AM

I see the multiclass idea but don't see anything worth a wuzard losing high level spells for. It's got a couple neat tricks but any spell caster outshines it. Yes?

tooley1chris July 12th, 2016 12:14 PM

Not sure why they decided INT should be a prime stat. Monks channel Ki (inner power) using WIS. Inner power...
I could see a Monk multiclass if WIS were the prime stat.
That might make it worthwhile for a few levels of dip.

Mergon July 12th, 2016 12:16 PM

The class shines best with just a few levels atm. 3 levels in the Order of the Immortal gives you Martial weapons and All Armors. The Celerity Disciple is great for initiative and resistance to surprise. The 3rd eye for detection abilities like tremor sense and Blind sense.

Personally, I find the Wizard lacklust at higher levels. I have always loved the wizard in all versions of D&D except 4th ed. They took too much away for the ability to have a spell book. Between Concentration, lack of rituals, badly designed spells, lack of casting ability at 6th level and higher, I find the wizard as boring to play as a 4th ed wizard.

A multi-class wizard-mystic put some fun back into the wizard.