Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=59)
-   -   Rifts for Savage Worlds (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55700)

Zaknaefin October 8th, 2018 04:55 PM

Getting the following error:

Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'grpSRFlaWi' on line 1 -> Non-existent thing 'raxSRDGHTC' referenced by script

jbearwillis October 10th, 2018 06:06 AM

Any word on this or a way to correct it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaknaefin (Post 271425)

Syntax error in 'pre-requisite rule' script for Thing 'grpSRFlaWi' on line 1 -> Non-existent thing 'raxSRDGHTC' referenced by script

TCArknight October 10th, 2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

I should have the fix for this in this afternoon. (Tied up until then.....)

TCArknight October 10th, 2018 10:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbearwillis (Post 271487)
Any word on this or a way to correct it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 271489)
I should have the fix for this in this afternoon. (Tied up until then.....)

Please try the update again. Looks like I might have missed a file the first time.

jbearwillis October 10th, 2018 03:23 PM

Thanks for the quick reply TCArknight

Zaknaefin October 11th, 2018 07:40 PM

It works for me now :)

Bug reports:

My Cyberknight starts with 2 skill points spent. It might be subtracting 1 for Fighting and 1 for Arcane Background (Psionics), which are both free.

Also, when starting with the free d8 Fighting and a starting Agility of d6, it is only costing 1 skill point to get to d10 Fighting.

Education Politics gives a flat +2 Persuasion. Can that be automatically added to the skill? I did it, so far, with an adjustment.

TCArknight October 12th, 2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaknaefin (Post 271555)
It works for me now :)

Bug reports:

My Cyberknight starts with 2 skill points spent. It might be subtracting 1 for Fighting and 1 for Arcane Background (Psionics), which are both free.

Also, when starting with the free d8 Fighting and a starting Agility of d6, it is only costing 1 skill point to get to d10 Fighting.

Education Politics gives a flat +2 Persuasion. Can that be automatically added to the skill? I did it, so far, with an adjustment.

Good to hear it’s working. :)

I’ll check on these ASAP. :)

Cranky Mcduff October 29th, 2018 10:08 PM

Having the worst time trying to get these to work. I've installed everything correctly via the update link you provided. Another commenter stated that I would need the Sci-fi Companion to make this work. Is that correct?

salcor October 30th, 2018 09:42 AM

Yes you need the sci Fi companion files from Lone Wolf. The data files uses functions that are set up in the SFC like strain.

Salcor

TCArknight November 25th, 2018 05:45 PM

Status Report: I’ve gotten the Mega-Powers tied to their standard power and only showing when eligible. And the biggest fix so far is I figured out a way to properly implement the Mystic and the two Different power sets. I now have a secondary power point tracker, a secondary arcane background component, and specific powers tagged as Secondary Powers.

Look for a release this week, but know that is may break existing heroes due to some id renaming.

TCArknight December 7th, 2018 09:25 AM

V1.3 of the Savage Rifts files should be available now.

Quote:

New:
Added new tag Helper.Domain skill to specific Knowledge skills
Added Helper.Domain skill tag to zSkills, zSkillsDom portals as well as the position script for zSkillPick template for proper display on Extended character sheet in the zSkillsDom portal
Added Arcane2 as the Secondary Arcane Background component
Added Secondary Arcane tab (savrifts_tab_arcane2.dat) for display of powers associated with the new secondary background
Added secondary pool of Power points and tracker for secondary ABs

Fixed:
Arcane powers bootstrap Mega-Power versions for display when Rifts.MegaPowerValid tag present on Hero
Framework: Mystic - proper handling of primary and secondary ABs, Framework Abilities and Complications
Framework: Techno-Wizard - fixed Framework abilities, complications
Power Point Tracker now displays PPE/ISP as appropriate
Cyberknight now doesn't begin with having spent skill points for Fighting and Arcane (Psionics) skills
HJ - Education: Politics gives +2 to Persuasion

peteday124 December 30th, 2018 08:02 PM

URL for Rifts file

What is the URL I can add to Herolab to load the Rifts files?

TCArknight December 31st, 2018 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peteday124 (Post 274518)
What is the URL I can add to Herolab to load the Rifts files?

Add this to your update sources:

“https://www.dropbox.com/s/m43t34z0zv...ates.xml?dl=1”

Without the quotes though. :)

TCArknight December 31st, 2018 07:30 AM

Notice for all. I had a complete Hard Drive crash of my laptop a week or so ago (right before Christmas).

Until I can afford to replace it, my coding efforts are dead. :(

CapedCrusader December 31st, 2018 10:48 AM

Oh, harsh. I had the same thing happen with my laptop about a month ago. Luckily, I program on my desktop.

salcor December 31st, 2018 11:15 AM

Sorry to hear that man. Hopefully you will be able to get a new one soon.

Salcor

TCArknight December 31st, 2018 11:29 AM

Thanks for the condolences. :)

I’m hoping i’ll Be able to pull it from the laptop and turn it into an external drive if it’s just the boot sector that’s fried.... that way maybe I can at least pull my data... lol

DarkFlite January 3rd, 2019 12:21 PM

Rough, sorry to hear that. Mine took a dive just before thanksgiving. I'm happy that I replaced that old spinner with an SSD but that was not money and time I wanted to part with...

If it made butterfly flutters or clicking, it's dead. :(

You can put it in a cheap enclosure and tell pretty easily:
https://www.amazon.com/UGREEN-Extern...rds=drive+case

I deal with these all the time. I won't sell any new machines with spinners anymore.

TCArknight January 14th, 2019 07:26 AM

My old drive is apparently 100% dead, but I've gotten a new laptop that I'm getting up and running. If anyone has noticed any issues with the SR files, please let me know and I'll get to them asap :)

Noven February 11th, 2019 07:58 AM

I think it is cool you are all doing this, just can someone give me a quick primer on how to use the files from Github?

TCArknight February 11th, 2019 09:15 AM

See this post for the address to add to your updates mechanism in HL.

That should put the Rifts entry on your updates list, and then can simply download it. :)

I’ll probably update my signature to remove the github and leave that update link instead....

Noven February 13th, 2019 09:53 AM

Thanks a ton.

TCArknight May 21st, 2019 12:34 PM

Just a quick update - working on fixing some issue I’ve come across, making some (I hope they’ll be considered) improvements and trying to add a small bit of functionality (like allowing the Hero’s Journey Body Armor selections to actually select and modify an Armor on the Hero).

Just wanted to let folks know this was coming and might cause some character breakage, but not sure. I’ll post a list of what I’ve got so far later when I get a chance...

(Anxiously awaiting the SWADE versions too. :) )

salcor May 21st, 2019 04:43 PM

Thanks for the update. I am definitely looking forward to the SWADE module so we can get started on updating the Rifts plugin. Going through and converting by hand it mind numbing.

Salcor

TCArknight May 22nd, 2019 04:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is where things are currently for the next version. :)

Quote:

New:
- New setting on Configure Hero to preclude races from the Sci-Fi Companion
- Use generic Racial Tab instead of Rifts Racial Tab.
- Replacement for Skills tab to allow for selection of languages on the tab
- Rework of Flame Wind Dragon Hatchling
* Limited Metamorphosis tags Rifts.DragonForm and Rifts.HumanForm which allow for conditional bootstraps of Dragon-Specific Abilities
- Rework of Breed Advantage Edge
* Each breed is a Simple component with
- Helper.Bootstrap tag
- BreedAdv.<name of the breed> tag

Added:
- Adjustment for Skill Points Spent
- New ArmorSpecial component and ArmorRifts compset
- adds following fields to Rifts-Specific Armor
- arToughness: value to modify wearer's toughness by when equipped
- arSpecial: Special details about Armor
- arSpecDisp: used to display synthesis of Cover tags and new ArmorSpecial.? tags
- arCover: holds text synthesis of display for ArmorLoc.?
- Rifts Statblock includes display of special features for armor
- Extended Character sheet
- Armor displays increased to include display of coverage and special properties
- Body Armor selections for Hero's Journey provide modification of selected armor.
- Close Combat Weapon selections for Hero's Journey provide modification of selected Melee Weapon (not natural weapons).
- Ranged Combat Weapon selections for Hero's Journey provide modification of selected Ranged Weapon (not natural weapons)

Fixed:
- Creatures created with core Rifts settings treated as Human in addition when saved to portfolio and reloaded (Human tags, abilities, etc.)
- Running Die missing for various edge/racial abilities
- Cyber-Knight available powers incorrect
- Combat Cyborg unable to select edge or attribute for Shadow of Themselves
- Training: Combat Edge entry for Hero's Journey provides too many choices
- Exceptional Rapid Recharge shows as "Impr Rapid Recharge"
- Dragon Hatchling is unable to use advance to purchase/upgrade abilities

TCArknight June 15th, 2019 09:26 AM

Version 1.4 of the Savage Rifts files are now available through the update mechanism. :)

Because this includes the Generic Racial Tab, you may want to add the update link found in this post for that specifically as well.

I'm hoping it's showing as a new update for folks at least, because it didn't when I tried for my clean install of HL. The name did change to show 1.4, and the date was today, but no exclamation point to indicate a "new" update.

TCArknight June 23rd, 2019 11:39 AM

While waiting on SWADE, I'm working on separating the Rifts data from the SFC (creating Rifts specific versions of the components such as cyberware, robot vehicles, power armor, etc...).

The SWADE version I will hopefully have completely separate from the start. However, for the regular SW, it may mean rebuilding characters. :(

TCArknight July 14th, 2019 10:40 AM

Working on this for next release as well....

Quote:

Name: Fury Beetle
Creature: Fury Beetle
Attributes: Agility d8, Smarts d4, Spirit d6, Strength d12+7, Vigor d12+2
Skills: Fighting d8-2, Notice d8+2
Pace: 12, Running Die: d10, Parry: 10, Toughness: 27(12), Charisma: 0, Current Strain: 0, Max Strain: 6, Size: 4
Gear: Claws/Bite d8-2 (Str+2d8), Unarmed Strike d8-2 (Str), Natural Armor (+12; Mega-Damage), Natural Armor
Special Abilities:
• Alertness: Very perceptive; +2 Notice
• Charge: Ignore MAP for Running
• Frenzy: +1 attack and -2 on Fighting rolls
• Armored Shell: Fury Beetles have +12 M.D.C. Armor and +2 Toughness.
• Claws/Bite: Str+2d8, AP 8, Mega Damage. The Fury Beetle can gut a Glitter Boy.
• Full-Spectrum Vision: Able to see in the infared and ultraviolent spectrums, as well as sense thermal patterns and possessed of full night vision, the Fury Beetle ignores all Illumination penalties.
• Large: Attackers gain +2 on attack rolls
• Psionic Senses: Fury Beetles have natural psionic sensory gifts. They can make a Notice check to psychically find water, and are also able to sense any arcane or psionic energies.
• Rapid Movement: All those legs give the Fury Beetle exceptional Pace, with a d10 Run die.
• Size +4: Adjustment to Toughness based on creature's mass
• Slow Regeneration: Creature gains a natural healing roll once per day.

Hero Lab and the Hero Lab logo are Registered Trademarks of LWD Technology, Inc. Free download at https://www.wolflair.com
Copyright © 2004-2018 by Pinnacle Entertainment Group. All rights reserved.

GunbunnyFuFu July 27th, 2019 05:28 AM

Getting the following error when I try to load the Savage Rifts stuff:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 12) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceAbil')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 26) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceProp')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 176) - Template - Duplicate record encountered ('raPropPick')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 425) - Layout - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 457) - Tab Panel - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')

Ideas on what's going on?

TCArknight July 27th, 2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu (Post 280528)
Getting the following error when I try to load the Savage Rifts stuff:

The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 12) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceAbil')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 26) - Portal - Duplicate record encountered ('raRaceProp')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 176) - Template - Duplicate record encountered ('raPropPick')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 425) - Layout - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')
File: savrifts_tab_race.dat (line 457) - Tab Panel - Duplicate record encountered ('racial')

Ideas on what's going on?

The latest version of the files includes the Generic racial tab. Do you have a file in the folder called Generic_Racial_tab_racial.dat along with three other files that begin with Generic_Racial_? If so, you can delete the savrifts_tab_race.dat file.

I'm not sure why it wouldn't delete the old file when the update was installed though...

EmptyOwl November 10th, 2019 03:34 PM

Hi, awesome work on this project! I did have some issues trying to generate a character however. I kept getting 1d8 for my Arcane Background skill when I selected an IF. Not sure why this was happening, but I show 1d6 as the starting AB skill level in my books.

TCArknight November 10th, 2019 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmptyOwl (Post 283648)
Hi, awesome work on this project! I did have some issues trying to generate a character however. I kept getting 1d8 for my Arcane Background skill when I selected an IF. Not sure why this was happening, but I show 1d6 as the starting AB skill level in my books.

Thanks. :)

Which IF are you adding?

EmptyOwl November 11th, 2019 06:01 AM

Both Mind melter and Cyberknight did this, I did not try any of the others.

-Thanks