Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   [Modiphius 2d20] Star Trek Adventures (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58838)

PGoodman13 June 10th, 2019 10:20 AM

Is that a change you're making in 1.7, or do I need to work on that kludge to build this character I'm working on?

TCArknight June 10th, 2019 10:26 AM

I’ll do it for 1.7

Give me a couple of days to test everything. You can just leave it commented out until new version.

PGoodman13 June 10th, 2019 11:49 AM

Cool deal. What I really want to see is how you enforce the "Gotta buy this Talent" rule, so I can steal it, too....

TCArknight June 11th, 2019 07:32 PM

1.7 should now be available. :)

PGoodman13 June 11th, 2019 08:39 PM

Okay, being able to make a Talent legal in the Personal tab seems to have worked just fine; it let me make a Klingon telepath as a test case just fine, so that's way cool.

The validation rule was easier than I thought it was going to be. Also way cool.

Brings me back to line 3 of that eval script where I'm trying to up the damage of an unarmed strike.

Code:

perform hero.childfound[wpUnarmed].field[wpDamage].value += 2
Getting a different syntax error now when I try to compile/test it: "Error in string expression." I don't happen to see an error there, but I'm a game writer and not a developer.

Farling June 11th, 2019 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 279624)
Okay, being able to make a Talent legal in the Personal tab seems to have worked just fine; it let me make a Klingon telepath as a test case just fine, so that's way cool.

The validation rule was easier than I thought it was going to be. Also way cool.

Brings me back to line 3 of that eval script where I'm trying to up the damage of an unarmed strike.

Code:

Getting a different syntax error now when I try to compile/test it: "Error in string expression." I don't happen to see an error there, but I'm a game writer and not a developer.

I think "perform" invokes a function, whereas "blah += 2" is an expression that would normally be on its own line. (But I'm not fully up to speed on their scripting language.)

TCArknight June 12th, 2019 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 279624)

Code:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 279627)
I think "perform" invokes a function, whereas "blah += 2" is an expression that would normally be on its own line. (But I'm not fully up to speed on their scripting language.)

Glad i didn't break anything. :)

And Farling is correct. Just drop the perform. Since you are working with the value of a field, you don't need it.

The way i look at it is if you're doing something to the overall pick (on the hero) or thing (item in general) you need the perform. otherwise if you're working with values/text of a particular item, you don't. That help? :)

Mathias June 18th, 2019 01:56 PM

Or, think of it as perform getting replaced with:

trashvariable =

All lines in HL that execute a change have an equal sign in them, so, if perform gets replaced with that equal sign, does your line now have two of them?

That's why if you look at some of the oldest pieces of d20 or WoD, you'll see

var result as number
result = assign[some tag]

That's now a deprecated coding style, and using perform is now preferred. That's left over from before "perform" was added to the scripting language.

Farling June 18th, 2019 11:43 PM

Trying to import V1.7, the list of files indicated that thing_species_DS9.dat was not going to get replaced.

On switching to the game system, it reported duplicate entries in thing_species_DS9.dat and another file with DS9 in the title.

I had to manually delete the thing_species_DS9.dat in order to get the game system to compile.
I got a thing_species_DS9.dat

TCArknight June 19th, 2019 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 279782)
Trying to import V1.7, the list of files indicated that thing_species_DS9.dat was not going to get replaced.

On switching to the game system, it reported duplicate entries in thing_species_DS9.dat and another file with DS9 in the title.

I had to manually delete the thing_species_DS9.dat in order to get the game system to compile.
I got a thing_species_DS9.dat

I’ll check on that, thanks for letting me know.