Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   PDF Plugin Won't Install (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55867)

Skeld May 19th, 2016 09:13 PM

PDF Plugin Won't Install

My HL decided it needed reactivation the other day. After that, I can't save anything as a PDF. It says I need to install the plugin. When I download and try to install it tells me another program is using the PDF plug-in.

Nothing else is using the PDF plug-in.

I've uninstalled HL and freshly reinstalled, only to have the same problem.

Anyone else having this problem? Ideas on how to fix it or get around it? I really need to be able to save PDFs.

-Skeld

Skeld May 19th, 2016 09:26 PM

Nevermind.

I found where I can download the plugin outsdie of HL and install it. Apparently, HL is the program that was keeping the plugin from installing within HL. How dumb.

-Skeld

charlieluce May 19th, 2016 09:42 PM

Yeah, there's a ton of posts from people who hit this.

Microsoft actually got around to including a PDF printer in Windows 10, but I like PDF24 over both the plug-in and Microsoft's version.

ShadowChemosh May 20th, 2016 10:58 AM

For future readers simply Click behind the installer window to HL. Shut HL down and click the "Retry" button on the PDF installer and let it finish. ;)

MrHolbyta April 27th, 2019 10:57 AM

I have closed HL and hit retry on the recent update allowing the install to finish, but HL still shows that as a new update.

Rone April 29th, 2019 01:32 PM

Hey all, we've updated the installer on the server. We didn't update the version number as you're already being told that you need to update anyway, but re-downloading 1.8 for those experiencing this issue should stop the program from continually telling you that new updates are available.

Jareth Valar April 29th, 2019 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rone (Post 278520)
Hey all, we've updated the installer on the server. We didn't update the version number as you're already being told that you need to update anyway, but re-downloading 1.8 for those experiencing this issue should stop the program from continually telling you that new updates are available.

Can confirm. Worked for me. Thanks.:D

Krothos April 30th, 2019 08:03 AM

Confirmed, as well. The PDF plug-in installed and HL stopped reporting a new version was available. THANK YOU! :)

AlxNzx January 14th, 2021 12:25 AM

Where do we find the installer file now on the new website ?

Farling January 15th, 2021 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlxNzx (Post 293168)
Where do we find the installer file now on the new website ?

The PDF plugin can be downloaded from the Updates page within hero lab. No need to looking at web sites.