Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric January 18th, 2015 11:41 AM

I'll take a look at the bite problem. The Crusader bug has been fixed and will be in the next release. Thanks for the report.

I do not believe HL is set up to do fractional saves. What exactly were you hoping to do with it?

simonb530 January 18th, 2015 12:54 PM

With the fractional saves it would give better values for saves when multi-classing for example
Crusader 1; Fighter 2; Paladin 2:
HL Base Saves:
Fort 8
Ref 0
Will 0

Fractional Base Saves:
Fort 4 * if you don't count the 2 at first level each time
Ref 1
Will 1

I know probably adding in fractional saves or BaB is complicated but would appreciated it. For now I just do adjustments.

Sendric January 19th, 2015 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonb530 (Post 201538)
I think I have found two bugs:

1) The wolf's damage on bite should be 1.5x Str Mod. as stated in the MM(pg. 6). I haven't seen this error with other Monsters.

The rule you seem to be quoting is this:

Quote:

A creature’s primary attack damage includes its full Strength modifier (1-1/2 times its Strength bonus if the attack is with the creature’s sole natural weapon) and is given first. Secondary attacks add only 1/2 the creature’s Strength bonus and are given second in the parentheses.
Since the bite is the wolf's only natural attack, it stands to reason it should use 1.5x the STR damage. Looking briefly at a few other animals, this looks more like a problem with the underlying code rather than any specific animals. I will discuss the matter with Shadow and see if this is something that should be resolved in HL or through the community set.

Thanks again for the report.

Sendric January 19th, 2015 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by simonb530 (Post 201810)
With the fractional saves it would give better values for saves when multi-classing for example
Crusader 1; Fighter 2; Paladin 2:
HL Base Saves:
Fort 8
Ref 0
Will 0

Fractional Base Saves:
Fort 4 * if you don't count the 2 at first level each time
Ref 1
Will 1

I know probably adding in fractional saves or BaB is complicated but would appreciated it. For now I just do adjustments.

This is more of a house rule, really. I could try to make some kind of adjustment that will more easily take care of this, but to be honest its a bit low of a priority right now. I will add it to my to-do list, though, and perhaps I can fit it into a future release.

RavenX February 25th, 2015 09:18 AM

Sendric,

The Celestial Sorcerer Lore feat has a prereq of two other celestial heritage feats on it. There is a bug in the Expr-req checking the prerequisite, it has the prereq looking for #hasfeat[] + ... >= 2 for the 2 other heritage feat requirement. Reporting this as a potential bug because if additional feats of this type are added to the data they won't qualify to fulfill the prereq on the feat. My suggestion would be to use a custom tag for the feats so that the prereq can just do a tagcount instead and you'll catch all the heritage feats in one go that qualify to fulfill the requirement.

Sendric February 25th, 2015 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenX (Post 204505)
Sendric,

The Celestial Sorcerer Lore feat has a prereq of two other celestial heritage feats on it. There is a bug in the Expr-req checking the prerequisite, it has the prereq looking for #hasfeat[] + ... >= 2 for the 2 other heritage feat requirement. Reporting this as a potential bug because if additional feats of this type are added to the data they won't qualify to fulfill the prereq on the feat. My suggestion would be to use a custom tag for the feats so that the prereq can just do a tagcount instead and you'll catch all the heritage feats in one go that qualify to fulfill the requirement.

Thanks for the report. What about using this script instead:

Code:

var test as number
if (#hasfeat[fCelSorHer] <> 0) then
 test -= 1
endif

test += tagcount[HasFeat.fCelSor?]

validif (test >= 2)

RavenX February 25th, 2015 09:50 AM

I noticed it while looking at examples for a feat I was coding for the Shifters in Eberron. The mistake is already in the datafiles, I just wanted to point it out to you. I'm adding Eberron data that I need.

Sendric February 25th, 2015 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenX (Post 204508)
I noticed it while looking at examples for a feat I was coding for the Shifters in Eberron. The mistake is already in the datafiles, I just wanted to point it out to you. I'm adding Eberron data that I need.

Yes. I understand that. I was just suggesting an alternative solution to user tags. As long as you use the same naming convention, the problem has been resolved.

RavenX March 7th, 2015 10:27 AM

Sendric,

The Artificer class has a bug on it. The Craft Wand class special is supposed to be gained at 6th level, not 7th. This was clarified in both the official errata and Magic of Eberron. This needs to be changed in the official data files that have already been done.

Also, since I'm thinking about this, once I get the Eberron feats done we're likely going to need to fix the Artificer's bonus feat list too so they can add the missing feats from the Eberron setting.

The Metamagic Spell and Power Completion class features have a typo in their names. Both say Metmagic instead of Metamagic.

Dwarf fighter racial substitution levels are not reducing the number of bonus feats appropriately.

BloodyMutt March 8th, 2015 06:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all! Wish I could make my first post under happier circumstances, but I am just plum frustrated trying to get things to work over here. I am not much of a coder; I can read it just fine but fixing it...
We've a 3.5 campaign coming up, and while my primary character is all found in HL's base srd stuff, the GF's choice of race, and my backup class were no where to be found. After some digging I came upon the project here.
Now, after a bit of work I managed to get 1.14 version of Lawful_G's to run, but again her race (Spellscar) was not showing up, even though Races of Dragons were shown. She followed up with some Googlefu and told me that it was to be found in 1.9. So cleaned out my files, and proceeded to install 1.9 via: http://shadowsoftware.net/herolab/d20/updates-1.9.xml
It then pops up with the error attached in the picture bellow, while I can find those code lines... I have no idea what to do with them.
Help?

Sendric March 8th, 2015 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenX (Post 205457)
Sendric,

The Artificer class has a bug on it. The Craft Wand class special is supposed to be gained at 6th level, not 7th. This was clarified in both the official errata and Magic of Eberron. This needs to be changed in the official data files that have already been done.

Also, since I'm thinking about this, once I get the Eberron feats done we're likely going to need to fix the Artificer's bonus feat list too so they can add the missing feats from the Eberron setting.

The Metamagic Spell and Power Completion class features have a typo in their names. Both say Metmagic instead of Metamagic.

Dwarf fighter racial substitution levels are not reducing the number of bonus feats appropriately.

Thanks for the report. I'll check that out.

Sendric March 11th, 2015 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenX (Post 205457)

I am unable to reproduce this issue. When I add the Dwarf Fighter variant class at level 8, the number of bonus feats is reduced by 1 which matches the description.

RavenX March 12th, 2015 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 205615)
I am unable to reproduce this issue. When I add the Dwarf Fighter variant class at level 8, the number of bonus feats is reduced by 1 which matches the description.

Add the one for 1st level, its the one that was causing the problem for me.

Sendric March 13th, 2015 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenX (Post 205686)
Add the one for 1st level, its the one that was causing the problem for me.

Ok, I see the problem now. It actually affects all three of them. Thanks for the report, this issue has been resolved for the next release.

maxwellingtonIII March 21st, 2015 12:47 PM

I'm not sure what may be wrong, but either the Eberron sources aren't being loaded, or they don't contain any data, because none of the races or languages seem to be available.

Sendric April 1st, 2015 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxwellingtonIII (Post 206171)
I'm not sure what may be wrong, but either the Eberron sources aren't being loaded, or they don't contain any data, because none of the races or languages seem to be available.

The Eberron sources that are in the community set are incomplete. Right now, we only have the Campaign Setting and the Players Guide. Neither file includes any races or languages. You should have access to the High Elemental Binder and Artificer classes, Bind Elemental and Strong Mind feats, and some item powers.

Sendric April 3rd, 2015 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 206715)
The Eberron sources that are in the community set are incomplete. Right now, we only have the Campaign Setting and the Players Guide. Neither file includes any races or languages. You should have access to the High Elemental Binder and Artificer classes, Bind Elemental and Strong Mind feats, and some item powers.

FYI, there are some new additions that will be included in the upcoming release. These do include some races and languages as well as a number of other things. See this thread for more details.

Greylin May 21st, 2015 03:55 PM

I am getting the compile errors:
Thing 'fSudQuick' - Thing requires thing 'fSudSilent' that does not exist
Thing 'fSudQuick - Thing requires thing 'fSudStill' that does not exist

This is preventing Community resources from loading.

Any tips how I might correct this for our annual gaming reunion tomorrow night? I am a novice user.

Regards,

John

TobyFox2002 May 21st, 2015 04:08 PM

It sounds like some how your Complete Arcane file has been corrupted. The quick and simple answer might be to re-download the community files.

If you want to get into more detail, you might try opening the file "3.5 - Complete Arcane" in the Editor and going to the feats tab and looking for those feats. That would give you a more clear picture of whats going on.

If neither of those options work. I'll post my copy of the complete arcane as an attachment or zip file and you can download. And we can worry about the why's after your game.

Greylin May 22nd, 2015 02:50 PM

fSudQuick

I edited the fSudQuick feat in Complete Arcane and deleted the two pre-requisites that were causing the error. This has resolved the issue and the community files now load normally.

However, I think there is a problem with the latest files as another player had the same error, and we tried both updates and fresh installs.

Anyway, sorted for gaming this weekend!

Sendric May 22nd, 2015 03:25 PM

That's very odd. I have two systems with HL and neither had this issue. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but I'll try to look into it.

Sendric May 24th, 2015 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greylin (Post 209442)
I edited the fSudQuick feat in Complete Arcane and deleted the two pre-requisites that were causing the error. This has resolved the issue and the community files now load normally.

However, I think there is a problem with the latest files as another player had the same error, and we tried both updates and fresh installs.

I'm afraid I cannot reproduce this issue. I uninstalled and re-installed HL but the pre-req feats are in the Complete Arcane file so this error does not appear for me. I don't have an explanation for why it happened to you. Sorry.

ShadowChemosh May 24th, 2015 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greylin (Post 209442)

When you where editing the Sudden Quicken feat did you see in the list "Sudden Still" and "Sudden Silent" feats?

bryandet May 28th, 2015 06:44 AM

Obtain familiar broken by new update

Hi, hope I'm posting in the right place. Last year, I made a character with obtain familiar and celestial familiar. The feats worked fine, but I had to make a custom coure eladrin. It all worked. I just did the update, and it orphaned the tags. Now, obtain familiar doesn't open the familiar selection button and celestial familiar doesn't recognize obtain familiar feat as a valid prerequisite. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sendric May 28th, 2015 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryandet (Post 209729)
Hi, hope I'm posting in the right place. Last year, I made a character with obtain familiar and celestial familiar. The feats worked fine, but I had to make a custom coure eladrin. It all worked. I just did the update, and it orphaned the tags. Now, obtain familiar doesn't open the familiar selection button and celestial familiar doesn't recognize obtain familiar feat as a valid prerequisite. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, this is the right place.

Frankly, I'm surprised it ever worked. Looking at the Obtain Familiar feat, I see no reason why it would actually grant a familiar. There are no scripts or anything beyond the pre-reqs. I don't recall ever modifying it, but it is on my to-do list. I'll make it a priority to get this working. Maybe I took away the scripts and forgot about it. I apologize for the inconvenience and will let you know when I have something for you.

bryandet May 28th, 2015 07:26 AM

Thanks a lot! I know that before it at least revealed/added the add familiar button. I may have just made the coure accessible to that. I noticed the lack of scripts when I went in to see what had changed, but that's as far as my limited experience got me. I wasn't sure where to add the cArcFam tag, or whatever, to obtain familiar- which seems as though it would, at least, jump the first hurdle. Anyway, thanks again

Sendric May 29th, 2015 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bryandet (Post 209734)
Thanks a lot! I know that before it at least revealed/added the add familiar button. I may have just made the coure accessible to that. I noticed the lack of scripts when I went in to see what had changed, but that's as far as my limited experience got me. I wasn't sure where to add the cArcFam tag, or whatever, to obtain familiar- which seems as though it would, at least, jump the first hurdle. Anyway, thanks again

Ok, I have fixed the issue so that you should be able to once again get your familiar button to show up. If you want, I can send it to you via email. (My address is sendric [at] gmail [dot] com)

bryandet May 29th, 2015 09:51 AM

Awesome, thanks, just sent you an email

tsotate June 15th, 2015 04:12 PM

Dragonfire Adept correctly adds a breath weapon and the Dragontouched feat, but neither counts as the prereq they should. For example, all the Metabreath feats have red "Breath weapon required" at the top and are grayed out, despite DAs having a breath weapon

Guiche007 June 18th, 2015 11:26 AM

Hi everyone,

I saw some bug with the stances ability. If a create a crusader lvl 1 a choose one stance and go to the In-Play tab I don't see the stance to make it active. I reinstall Hero Lab and retry and the same problem appear. Do you know where it's coming from?

Guiche

Sendric June 19th, 2015 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsotate (Post 210856)
Dragonfire Adept correctly adds a breath weapon and the Dragontouched feat, but neither counts as the prereq they should. For example, all the Metabreath feats have red "Breath weapon required" at the top and are grayed out, despite DAs having a breath weapon

Thanks. I will take a look at it.

Update: Fixed

Sendric June 19th, 2015 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guiche007 (Post 211047)
Hi everyone,

I saw some bug with the stances ability. If a create a crusader lvl 1 a choose one stance and go to the In-Play tab I don't see the stance to make it active. I reinstall Hero Lab and retry and the same problem appear. Do you know where it's coming from?

Guiche

I believe there is an issue with the current version of the d20 system where some specials won't appear in the In-Play tab unless it has the Helper.ShowSpec tag assigned to it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to assign this tag to verify this. I'll dig into it some more. Something odd is definitely going on.

Sendric June 23rd, 2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 211101)
I believe there is an issue with the current version of the d20 system where some specials won't appear in the In-Play tab unless it has the Helper.ShowSpec tag assigned to it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to assign this tag to verify this. I'll dig into it some more. Something odd is definitely going on.

Ok, well, I'm an idiot. Thanks to Shadow for pointing me in the right direction on this. I will have this fixed in the next release. In the meantime, anyone who wants to make a local fix for themselves should do the following:

Open up the file 3.5 - Tome of Battle.user in the editor. Go to the Class tab, and select Crusader (cHelpCru). In the eval script, change the following line of code:

Code:

perform eachpick.delete[Helper.ShowSpec]
to:

Code:

perform eachpick.assign[Helper.SpecUp]
The same fix can be applied to both Swordsage and Warblade as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dresdon July 25th, 2015 04:32 AM

Can no longer add familiar within 5ft / 1 mile tick box after installing data set.

After installing the community data set, I no longer get the tick boxes on the 'In-Play' tab allowing me to apply the familiar bonus.

Eg Toad +3 hps within 1 mile of caster. Or +2 fort save bonus from a rat.

I have an existing character portfolio created prior to the update where the bonus is in place, but the mechanism to add / remove it is gone.

For a newly created character, there seems to be no way to add the familiar bonus.

-- Update Hmm just reading Sendric's post above, I wonder if this is the same issue, and the familiar specials have been dropped due to not being tagged correctly.

Sendric July 25th, 2015 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dresdon (Post 213126)
After installing the community data set, I no longer get the tick boxes on the 'In-Play' tab allowing me to apply the familiar bonus.

Eg Toad +3 hps within 1 mile of caster. Or +2 fort save bonus from a rat.

I have an existing character portfolio created prior to the update where the bonus is in place, but the mechanism to add / remove it is gone.

For a newly created character, there seems to be no way to add the familiar bonus.

-- Update Hmm just reading Sendric's post above, I wonder if this is the same issue, and the familiar specials have been dropped due to not being tagged correctly.

This is probably correct. I'll take a look at it when I get the chance. There's a chance this is a core issue, but I'll see if there's anything in the community set that is causing this.

Dresdon July 27th, 2015 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 213127)
This is probably correct. I'll take a look at it when I get the chance. There's a chance this is a core issue, but I'll see if there's anything in the community set that is causing this.

I did some sanity checking, uninstalling hero lab, deleting the old Program Data folder, and then doing a clean install.

Even on the Vanilla srd 20 install I cannot see the tick box to apply the familiar bonuses to the character any more. Assuming I'm not being a muppet and the ticket box should be in the 'In Play' tab, it looks like a problem with the core d20.

I've raised the issue as a bug in the main forum too, as I don't think it's the community set that has caused this.

Sendric July 27th, 2015 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dresdon (Post 213209)
I did some sanity checking, uninstalling hero lab, deleting the old Program Data folder, and then doing a clean install.

Even on the Vanilla srd 20 install I cannot see the tick box to apply the familiar bonuses to the character any more. Assuming I'm not being a muppet and the ticket box should be in the 'In Play' tab, it looks like a problem with the core d20.

I've raised the issue as a bug in the main forum too, as I don't think it's the community set that has caused this.

Thanks for putting in the effort. With all the improvements being done to the core data files, there's bound to be a few things that fall through the cracks. This appears to have been one of them. I'm sure it will be fixed soon enough.

In the meantime, you could create yourself a work-around by adding the following script to the Hasted Adjustment in the community file 3.5 - Players Handbook 1

First/10000
Code:

if (hero.tagis[CompAvail.cArcFamil] <> 0) then
 perform hero.childfound[cArcFNear].assign[Helper.ShowSpec]
 perform hero.childfound[cArcFNear].assign[Helper.SpecUp]
endif

This should put that back on your in-play tab. I'll make a note about this on my end to have it there unless/until Shadow gets a fix for the core set.

Dresdon July 31st, 2015 01:21 PM

That works a treat, cheers :)

Dami September 10th, 2015 04:21 AM

The "Corruptor of Fate" (in the Community MM4 file) is incorrectly coming up as a Character Race - It should be a NPC Race.
At least it's easily correctly by editing the creature entry in the user file!

Sendric September 10th, 2015 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 215607)
The "Corruptor of Fate" (in the Community MM4 file) is incorrectly coming up as a Character Race - It should be a NPC Race.
At least it's easily correctly by editing the creature entry in the user file!

Thanks for the report. It'll be corrected for the next release.