Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Problem after new update (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=56866)

rwglaub October 28th, 2016 01:05 PM

Problem after new update

When trying to load Hero Labs I get the following error:

Hero Lab encountered an unrecoverable error, and must now exit.

The error was: An unhandled section was thrown.

(c:\vss\frame\multiplus\..\poolmap.cpp, line 201, error code 0xffffc19)

I had just updated Pathfinder to the latest patch and bought the new Pathfinder items in the store and installed them. I rebooted twice and the problem persisted.

ShadowChemosh October 28th, 2016 01:28 PM

Try downloading the pathfinder.hl file manually from the LW site HERE. Once downloaded double click on it to install pathfinder again. Sometimes that fixes issues...

rwglaub October 28th, 2016 02:10 PM

No joy. Same result with same message.

charlieluce October 28th, 2016 02:36 PM

This isn't the first time a Hero Lab Pathfinder update has had this problem.

ShadowChemosh October 28th, 2016 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 236903)

The memory cap was increased 3 years ago. I did hit the same memory cap myself recently. If you have EVERY single LW license for Pathfinder. Load the Community Pack and another large add like my Shadow d20. HL will fall over. :(

Last I heard I was the only person to have hit that limit. :p

@rwglaub first make sure you put in an email to support. That will get you the best chance of getting help. support@wolflair.com

Last thing is do you have EVERY Pathfinder Book License? Also have the community Pack installed? And have some other large addon installed? If you have something like the community Pack. You could go into the c:\programdata\herolab\data\pathfinder folder and delete all the files that start with COM_ to test and see if HL will load then.

rwglaub October 28th, 2016 05:16 PM

I have almost every single Pathfinder Book License. I also have the community pack. I did see a brief message flash that said Out of Memory.

Edit: I deleted all the files that start with CON and it loaded fine. But I really want to use those files because they add so much to the game.

Edit: Did an experiment. I downloaded the Community Pack and reinstalled it. HL failed to load Pathfinder again.

ShadowChemosh October 29th, 2016 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rwglaub (Post 236912)
Edit: Did an experiment. I downloaded the Community Pack and reinstalled it. HL failed to load Pathfinder again.

For now as a work around you can just delete part of the community Pack. The most often not used parts are either Modern or Eberron Campaign Setting.

If your not using the modern part go back into the data folder like you did before. But this time delete all the files that start with COM_ModernPack or COM_CampaignPack to remove Eberron. From playing around before Modern should be enough to delete to allow things to load. Give that a try.

Be sure to put in a official bug report about this to LW.

rwglaub October 31st, 2016 12:55 PM

Deleted Modern and Eberron packs and got this result on loading portfolios:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! A record of these errors can be found in the file "C:\Users\rwgla\AppData\Local\Temp\hero_lab_load_i ssues.log". If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Pick 'pMPFamKick' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '371'
Pick 'pMPClDmMdf' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '371'
Pick 'pMPFamKick' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '397'
Pick 'pMPClDmMdf' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '397'
Pick 'pMPFamKick' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '463'
Pick 'pMPClDmMdf' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '463'
Pick 'spS2HiUnd1' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '1242'

I have sent a bug report to LW.

ShadowChemosh October 31st, 2016 01:29 PM

Those are just "adjustments" that Modern bootstraps to EVERY single character. Regardless if its used or not.

Just dirty the character (make any change to it and save) and the errors won't happen again. This will at least let you use your characters for now...