Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Illyahr October 9th, 2017 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 257144)
I'll look into this. We probably don't need both if one is replacing the other.

The basic version has the hero gain TWF when he is equipped with a "katana" (bastard sword) and "wakizashi" (short sword). The OA variant doesn't have this ability so it is disabled. What I mean is that the ability fades out like it's supposed to but the script that checks equipped weapons and activates the TWF feat still runs

Dresdon October 10th, 2017 11:06 AM

Just tried to load one of my 3.5 portfolios after the latest updates and got all these errors:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Pick 'sWizFlare' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '124'
Pick 'sWizGhoSou' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '125'
Pick 'sWizLight' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '127'
Pick 'sWizMagHan' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '128'
Pick 'sWizMendin' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '129'
Pick 'sWizMessag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '130'
Pick 'sWizOpenCl' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '132'
Pick 'sWizPresti' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '134'
Pick 'sWizRayFro' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '135'
Pick 'sWizReaMag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '136'
Pick 'sWizResist' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '137'
Pick 'sWizFlare' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '125'
Pick 'sWizGhoSou' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '126'
Pick 'sWizLight' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '128'
Pick 'sWizMagHan' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '129'
Pick 'sWizMendin' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '130'
Pick 'sWizMessag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '131'
Pick 'sWizOpenCl' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '133'
Pick 'sWizPresti' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '135'
Pick 'sWizRayFro' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '136'
Pick 'sWizReaMag' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '137'
Pick 'sWizResist' has been orphaned due to missing thing in batch '138'

Any advice on what to do?

Sendric October 11th, 2017 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dresdon (Post 257219)
Just tried to load one of my 3.5 portfolios after the latest updates and got all these errors:

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Any advice on what to do?

Hmm...it would appear I missed bringing some of the spells from Players Handbook 1 to the obsolete spells file. Not sure how that happened, but I will try to correct it.

In the meantime, if you know what spells your character had prepared, you can simply re-select them. This is something you'd want to do anyway to get the more up-to-date versions of the spells.

Update: Download this file, unzip it, and copy it into your d20 data directory (overwrite the existing file). This should solve your issue.

Dresdon October 11th, 2017 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 257260)
Hmm...it would appear I missed bringing some of the spells from Players Handbook 1 to the obsolete spells file. Not sure how that happened, but I will try to correct it.

In the meantime, if you know what spells your character had prepared, you can simply re-select them. This is something you'd want to do anyway to get the more up-to-date versions of the spells.

Update: Download this file, unzip it, and copy it into your d20 data directory (overwrite the existing file). This should solve your issue.

Thanks that fixed it for me :)

Sendric October 11th, 2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dresdon (Post 257264)
Thanks that fixed it for me :)

No problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Incidentally, it is still advisable to update the spells in your portfolio with this latest release. This way you will get all the information about the spell.

Dark_Soul October 13th, 2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 257143)
So the mechanic in this case is to be able to choose either the Knowledge Domain or the Knowledge Devotion feat. Presumably, if the character chooses the feat instead, they don't receive the additional spells, correct?

They don't receive access to the Knowledge domain, its granted power, or any of its spells. They retain access to the additional spells granted outside the domain:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SRD
Add the following spells to the cloistered cleric's class spell list: 0—message; 1st—erase, identify, unseen servant; 2nd—fox's cunning; 3rd—illusory script, secret page, tongues (reduced from 4th level); 4th—detect scrying; 6th—analyze dweomer; 7th—sequester; 9th—vision.

They also go back to the standard cleric skill list, but they keep Decipher Script and Speak Language, as well as the 6+Int skill points/level. They lose all knowledge skills as class skills and +1 caster level on divinations, because those are the granted power of the Knowledge domain.

If it's possible to put up a selection box with either the domain or the feat in it, that would probably work well.

Illyahr October 15th, 2017 08:47 AM

Paimon's Skills (xPaiSkills, Tome of Magic) needs to make Tumble usable untrained.

DC of xBind (Tome of Magic) isn't calculating properly. Should be 10 + 1/2 xBind Value + Cha modifier. Currently calculating at full xBind Value

The Uncanny Dodge granted by Paimon (xPaiUncDod, Tome of Magic) needs to specify Binder levels for determining Improved Uncanny Dodge levels. It currently tries to add the ability's xTotalLev, which Paimon doesn't have.

Dark_Soul October 17th, 2017 04:56 PM

The Martial Wizard variant class from Unearthed Arcana is giving the fighter bonus feat progression (every even level), as well as the feat list. It should only change the feat list and leave the progression as 1st, 5th, and every five levels thereafter.

Sendric October 18th, 2017 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 257537)
The Martial Wizard variant class from Unearthed Arcana is giving the fighter bonus feat progression (every even level), as well as the feat list. It should only change the feat list and leave the progression as 1st, 5th, and every five levels thereafter.

That's an easy enough fix. Thanks.

Illyahr October 21st, 2017 03:54 PM

Just noticed something that was missed by everyone. Exalted feats (and, by extension, Vile feats) have the user radiate an aura of good (or evil).

As per Book of Exalted Deeds page 39:

Aura of Good: A character with at least one exalted feat radiates an aura of good with a power equal to her character level (see the detect good spell), as if she were a paladin or a cleric of a good deity.

Sendric October 22nd, 2017 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 257680)
Just noticed something that was missed by everyone. Exalted feats (and, by extension, Vile feats) have the user radiate an aura of good (or evil).

As per Book of Exalted Deeds page 39:

Aura of Good: A character with at least one exalted feat radiates an aura of good with a power equal to her character level (see the detect good spell), as if she were a paladin or a cleric of a good deity.

Ok, thanks. Should be easy enough.

Majorian October 29th, 2017 11:53 PM

Hey, guys. I don't think it's really an issue with the community data set, but somehow, the portfolios my players and I are using are just totally busted.

Everything worked perfectly with that beta version of the community pack (1.19) and the version of the HL d20 system files. Sine we upgraded to the new d20 system version and the current community pack. Everything has been an absolute nightmare.

I'm wondering if it's possible to revert to an older version of the d20 system? I know it's possible to downgrade the community pack (although when I try this with the current iteration of the d20 system, the user content list is empty).

tl;dr is it possible to downgrade to an older version of the d20 system files?
Thanks, for all the hard work.

Sendric October 30th, 2017 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majorian (Post 258035)
Hey, guys. I don't think it's really an issue with the community data set, but somehow, the portfolios my players and I are using are just totally busted.

Everything worked perfectly with that beta version of the community pack (1.19) and the version of the HL d20 system files. Sine we upgraded to the new d20 system version and the current community pack. Everything has been an absolute nightmare.

I'm wondering if it's possible to revert to an older version of the d20 system? I know it's possible to downgrade the community pack (although when I try this with the current iteration of the d20 system, the user content list is empty).

tl;dr is it possible to downgrade to an older version of the d20 system files?
Thanks, for all the hard work.

If there is even a single error reported against user files, then none of the user files will load, which is probably why you are seeing nothing listed in the user content.

As for your portfolios, can you attach one here? I'd like to see what you're seeing. Maybe it will help me figure out if there's something I need to do.

Come to think of it, I think another user complained about a bunch of missing spells, which I fixed but not as part of a new release.

Update: I provided a new release of the community set. Please download and see if this resolves the issues with your portfolios.

Majorian October 30th, 2017 05:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 258041)
As for your portfolios, can you attach one here? I'd like to see what you're seeing. Maybe it will help me figure out if there's something I need to do.

The new update helped a bunch, but there are still a ton of errors, like the following when I try opening a spell list for say this Sorcerer. The Spell list also has WAY more spells than it's supposed to (duplicates).
Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -

Is it possible to revert to an older d20 version? The attached portfolio has never given me any trouble in some 3 years, but in the last few updates things have been very odd. Feats that should be certain places are gone and new errors that I've never seen before have appeared, Versatile Spellcaster in this portfolio.

Sendric October 31st, 2017 05:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Majorian (Post 258077)
The new update helped a bunch, but there are still a ton of errors, like the following when I try opening a spell list for say this Sorcerer. The Spell list also has WAY more spells than it's supposed to (duplicates).
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -

Is it possible to revert to an older d20 version? The attached portfolio has never given me any trouble in some 3 years, but in the last few updates things have been very odd. Feats that should be certain places are gone and new errors that I've never seen before have appeared, Versatile Spellcaster in this portfolio.

There's a bug with how the Fiendish Sorcery class special adds spells to your caster class. I have no idea why it wasn't an issue before, but it's clearly a problem now. I'll make a fix and get you the updated file.

I also noticed a couple of minor things with the portfolio itself. It didn't have Races of the Dragon checked as a source, which made Versatile Spellcaster not work. Also, if you are seeing an error pop up about Monster Manual 3, go to Portfolio -> Strip Missing Sources. Once that's done, save your portfolio, and that should remove the errors you're seeing (other than the duplicate spells).

Update: Download the attached user file, unzip it, and copy it into your d20 data folder (overwrite existing file). Then re-load Hero Labs and let me know if everything is working properly.

Majorian October 31st, 2017 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 258088)
: Download the attached user file, unzip it, and copy it into your d20 data folder (overwrite existing file). Then re-load Hero Labs and let me know if everything is working properly.

Thanks a lot! Looks like that fixed pretty much everything.
Will update if there is anything else unexpected.

Really appreciate it.

Sendric November 1st, 2017 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 257155)
The basic version has the hero gain TWF when he is equipped with a "katana" (bastard sword) and "wakizashi" (short sword). The OA variant doesn't have this ability so it is disabled. What I mean is that the ability fades out like it's supposed to but the script that checks equipped weapons and activates the TWF feat still runs

Looking into this now. Sorry. I misunderstood you initially. This should be a relatively easy fix. That said, I am confused by the wording of this ability and the script used to enact it. The script requires that the katana and wakizashi be magical (or at least masterwork) to function, but the wording of the ability does not. Is there a reason the script is done this way, or can this ability work with mundane versions of the katana and wakizashi, as the wording seems to indicate?

Edit: Nevermind. I see the rule they have to be masterwork.

Illyahr November 11th, 2017 08:53 AM

One of the prereqs for Eternal Blade (ToB) is scripted wrong (oops :P). It should check for two maneuvers of certain schools (secondary specials) but is instead looking for stances (!secondary) in its foreach statement

Friso November 12th, 2017 05:29 AM

once is enough:)

Friso November 12th, 2017 07:03 AM

I've been using HL for my 3.5 games for months now with no problems, using both the user created 3.5 and RavenX's Forgotten Realms package.
I updated to 8.4 a few days ago, and ever since, the packages won't load anymore. I get the "data files could not be loaded due to errors" message, followed by a list of about 40 files that have non-defined tags. I can continue to the program proper, but I can't use any of my portfolios and there's no user-created content available.

Is this due to the update? I tried reinstalling but that doesn't work, nor does using the 3.5 package without the Forgotten Realms one. What can I do to get this sorted?

I'm a klutz with computers, so I hope there's no coding involved;-)

Sendric November 14th, 2017 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 258502)
One of the prereqs for Eternal Blade (ToB) is scripted wrong (oops :P). It should check for two maneuvers of certain schools (secondary specials) but is instead looking for stances (!secondary) in its foreach statement

Fixed. Thanks.

Dark_Soul November 15th, 2017 07:05 PM

The Ur-Priest currently requires the Malign Spell Focus feat as a prerequisite. In the 3.5 update in Complete Divine, this was changed to Spell Focus (Evil).

Sendric November 16th, 2017 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 258713)
The Ur-Priest currently requires the Malign Spell Focus feat as a prerequisite. In the 3.5 update in Complete Divine, this was changed to Spell Focus (Evil).

So, the version currently included in the community set is from Book of Vile Darkness. For some reason, it wasn't sourced. I have corrected that.

As for the pre-req, I have to think about what I want to do. I'm leaning towards creating a separate version of the class in Complete Divine, and turning off the one from BoVD if CDiv is selected as a source.

Dark_Soul November 16th, 2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 258741)
As for the pre-req, I have to think about what I want to do. I'm leaning towards creating a separate version of the class in Complete Divine, and turning off the one from BoVD if CDiv is selected as a source.

That would be a pretty good way to handle it, in my opinion.

emadrigal November 16th, 2017 07:22 PM

So, I haven't used hero lab in a while, and I just opened it the other day to update a character for an upcoming game. After the most recent updates, I got several error messages and noticed that I the war mage class I was going to level up was gone from my character. I went to make sure the user content was loaded, but none of the files were available to click on in the "Configure Your Hero" Window. Here are the errors messages I got. Any help would be appreciated:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 3) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdAbyss') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 34) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdBalance') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 48) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdCavern') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 62) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdCelerity') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 81) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdCharm2') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 95) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdCold') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 119) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdCommune') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 136) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdCompete') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 150) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdCourage') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 165) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdCraft') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 187) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdCreate2') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 201) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdDarknes2') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 217) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdDeathBou') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 230) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdDominate') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 248) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdDragon') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 264) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdDream') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 282) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdDrow') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 298) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdDwarf') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 314) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdElf') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 330) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdEnvy') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 345) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdFamily') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 359) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdFate') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 381) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdForce') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 396) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdGlory2') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 410) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdGluttony') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 424) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdGnome') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 437) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdGreed') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 454) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdHalfling') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 468) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdHatred') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 482) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdHunger') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 502) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdIllusion') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 515) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdInquisit') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 529) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdLiberat2') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 543) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdLust') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 557) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdMadness3') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 590) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdMentali2') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 609) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdMetal') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 633) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdMind2') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 651) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdMoon') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 670) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdMysticis') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 687) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdNobilit2') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 711) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdOcean') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 725) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdOracle') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 739) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdOrc') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 753) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdPact') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 771) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdPestile2') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 788) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdPlanning') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 805) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdPortal') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 818) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdPride') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'
File: 3.5 - Spell Compendium.user (line 831) - Thing - Duplicate record encountered ('cdPurify2') - found in '3.5 - Spell Compendium.user', '3.5 - Spell Compendium Domains.user'

Illyahr November 19th, 2017 10:44 AM

A truenamer's utterances of the perfected map (ToM) are registering as -1 in the first few levels and populating an error (0 selected is more than -1 so selected too many)

Sendric November 20th, 2017 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 258965)
A truenamer's utterances of the perfected map (ToM) are registering as -1 in the first few levels and populating an error (0 selected is more than -1 so selected too many)

Fixed. Thanks.

RavenX November 23rd, 2017 08:49 AM

Warlock, complete arcana seems to be missing spells entirely...

Dark_Soul November 23rd, 2017 07:31 PM

So I stumbled upon the official 3.5 update to the Malign Spell Focus feat. It appears in Champions of Ruin, and changes the save DC increase to +1, down from +2 from the BoVD.

The question now is, do we use the 3.5 version of the class, which requires Spell Focus (evil), or the 3.5 version of Malign Spell Focus with the 3.0 class, or something else entirely?

Sendric November 24th, 2017 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenX (Post 259217)
Warlock, complete arcana seems to be missing spells entirely...

The Warlock uses invocations, which in HL are treated as Custom Abilities. I'm able to see them. Are you saying you cannot?

Sendric November 24th, 2017 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Soul (Post 259261)
So I stumbled upon the official 3.5 update to the Malign Spell Focus feat. It appears in Champions of Ruin, and changes the save DC increase to +1, down from +2 from the BoVD.

The question now is, do we use the 3.5 version of the class, which requires Spell Focus (evil), or the 3.5 version of Malign Spell Focus with the 3.0 class, or something else entirely?

My goal would be to match the source material as closely as possible, whatever that may be. I haven't had a chance to look into this yet, but I'll be sure to consider this when I do.

chaosproject December 2nd, 2017 11:08 PM

dragonfire adapt question

as a first level DFA we get dragontouched for free which changes our subtype to dragonblood. the program has done the gain 1 hit point, a +1 bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, and allowing to take dragon feats. It does not seem to have changed the subtype on the Background screen so when the draconic aura is selected it only gives a bonus of +1 instead of +2.

Zakier December 3rd, 2017 08:24 AM

missing ability

Ebberon campaign setting file.

Its missing the Dreamsight ability

im no programmer but i copied the info in the main shifter trait and copied one of the other shifter abilities and just adjusted it until it made the dreamsigh skill.

Code:

if (field[pIsOn].value <> 0) then
  hero.child[aWIS].field[aPostMod].value += field[Value].value
  #skillbonus[kHandleAnm] += 2

endif

the ability also gives a bonus to wild empathy as a +2 and the ability to speak with animals as if effected by a permenant speak with animals spell
i dontknow how to code those tings so ill leave it to you guys.

Also made the adjustment to the Shifter special to include dreamsight

just need to drop this in there just after Cliff

Code:

if (hero.childlives[pEbShDream] <> 0) then
  if (field[hIsOn1].value <> 0) then
    hero.child[pEbShDream].field[pIsOn].value = 1
  else
    hero.child[pEbShDream].field[pIsOn].value = 0
  endif
endif

Here are the shifter trait Details

Quote:

he dreamsight trait is the rarest
of all shifter traits, and many dreamsight shifters
become druids within shifter communities. Unlike
other shifter traits, which increase a shifter’s physical
abilities, the dreamsight trait sharpens a shifter’s
instincts and awareness. While shifting, a dreamsight
shifter temporarily gains a +2 bonus to Wisdom and
gains the ability to communicate with animals as if
under the effect of a speak with animals spell.
In addition, the shifter gains a +2 bonus on Handle
Animal and wild empathy checks, even while not
shifting

Sendric December 4th, 2017 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosproject (Post 259733)
as a first level DFA we get dragontouched for free which changes our subtype to dragonblood. the program has done the gain 1 hit point, a +1 bonus on Listen, Search, and Spot checks, and allowing to take dragon feats. It does not seem to have changed the subtype on the Background screen so when the draconic aura is selected it only gives a bonus of +1 instead of +2.

thanks. This was actually an error in the Draconic Aura feat. It's been fixed.

Sendric December 4th, 2017 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakier (Post 259747)
Ebberon campaign setting file.

Its missing the Dreamsight ability

Can you point me to the source/page this is listed on. I can't seem to find it.

Shaman964 December 4th, 2017 06:09 PM

Awhile ago, I don't remember how many updates back I started running into an error with two of my characters. The error is: Critical information not found in Datafiles: Monster Manual 3. For one character this is listed once and for another it is listed twice while loading. It does not appear to affect the characters in any way. They were originally transferred and rebuilt in HL roughly November of 2014.

Fast forward to about a week ago and I am building a new character concept for a campaign. I add the Improved Toughness feat and it adds in perfectly fine but something triggered in my brain, a memory. Though I don't recall if this is a false memory or a real one but the trigger seemed to recall that I needed to add the Improved Toughness template to the previously mentioned characters built in 2014 after picking the feat. I am recalling this correctly.

If so, when whatever adjustments were made to change it over so one didn't have to add the template which I do believe was linked to the MM3 data set, could this be what is now causing the error. Some link set into the character's information that no longer leads to the template given its removal?

<hr>

The deity's weapon specialization for favored soul does not appear to be adding the +2 damage to the weapons stats. I am using the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer material for Pelor.

Dami December 4th, 2017 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 259844)
The deity's weapon specialization for favored soul does not appear to be adding the +2 damage to the weapons stats. I am using the Living Greyhawk Gazeteer material for Pelor.

This error appears to be in the Favored Soul class (Complete Divine). It's not related to what deity you choose. I tried different deities and weapons. The Weapon Focus is being correctly assigned, but while the Weapon Spec feat is listed, there's no damage bonus.

Sendric December 5th, 2017 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaman964 (Post 259844)
Awhile ago, I don't remember how many updates back I started running into an error with two of my characters. The error is: Critical information not found in Datafiles: Monster Manual 3. For one character this is listed once and for another it is listed twice while loading. It does not appear to affect the characters in any way. They were originally transferred and rebuilt in HL roughly November of 2014.

Fast forward to about a week ago and I am building a new character concept for a campaign. I add the Improved Toughness feat and it adds in perfectly fine but something triggered in my brain, a memory. Though I don't recall if this is a false memory or a real one but the trigger seemed to recall that I needed to add the Improved Toughness template to the previously mentioned characters built in 2014 after picking the feat. I am recalling this correctly.

If so, when whatever adjustments were made to change it over so one didn't have to add the template which I do believe was linked to the MM3 data set, could this be what is now causing the error. Some link set into the character's information that no longer leads to the template given its removal?

<hr>

I have no recollection of an Improved Toughness template so I can't really speak to that. However, the feat certainly doesn't need a template, so you could remove it from your portfolios. If it's already removed, and you are still seeing the error, I recommend stripping the missing sources (Portfolio -> Strip Missing Sources) and then re-saving the file.

As for the Favored Soul issue, I'll look into it.

Sendric December 5th, 2017 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 259847)
This error appears to be in the Favored Soul class (Complete Divine). It's not related to what deity you choose. I tried different deities and weapons. The Weapon Focus is being correctly assigned, but while the Weapon Spec feat is listed, there's no damage bonus.

So the error(?) actually occurs with the feat itself, and it's interesting.

I took a look at both Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization to see how both were functioning (since one was and one wasn't in this case). I examined the fields, and it turns out when you assign the tag Target.? to these feats, it assigns the weapon, but the fChosen field is not filled. As far as the feats are concerned, the user has not chosen anything. This *might* be a bug with core in how the Target.? tag is handled.

Now, as to why Weapon Specialization wasn't working, it's because there is a piece of code that says "if we haven't chosen anything, stop here". This is normal practice for feats that require the user to choose something, and helps prevents errors in certain cases. In this case, it's actually preventing Weapon Spec from working when the Target tag is applied.

Weapon Focus *does* work because it doesn't have this piece of code (which may also be a "bug").

As it turns out, someone created a Weapon Specialization replacement feat in the community set in order to account for other classes qualifying for the feat. That makes this easier to fix. The quick and dirty fix is to simply comment out this particular code, but I'll work on updating the script to account for this oddity.

Update:

For a more complete fix (and code update), replace the entire current script with the following:

Code:

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
  doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~ If we haven't chosen anything, get out now
  if (field[fChosen].ischosen = 0) then
    if (tagis[Target.?] = 0) then
      done
    endif
  endif

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
  var id as string
  id = field[fChosen].chosen.idstring
  foreach pick in hero where "IsWeapon.?" & id
    perform eachpick.assign[Broadcast.WepSpec]
  nexteach

~ Set our 'short name'
  if (field[fChosen].ischosen <> 0) then
    field[fShortName].text = "Spec: " & field[fChosen].chosen.field[name].text

~ Forward the weapon specialization tag for the weapon to the hero
    perform field[fChosen].chosen.forward[WepSpec.?]
  endif

Note: The replacement feat can be found in Custom - Core Book Mods

Shaman964 December 6th, 2017 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 259855)
Update:

For a more complete fix (and code update), replace the entire current script with the following:

Code:

~ If we're disabled, do nothing
  doneif (tagis[Helper.FtDisable] <> 0)

~ If we haven't chosen anything, get out now
  if (field[fChosen].ischosen = 0) then
    if (tagis[Target.?] = 0) then
      done
    endif
  endif

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
  var id as string
  id = field[fChosen].chosen.idstring
  foreach pick in hero where "IsWeapon.?" & id
    perform eachpick.assign[Broadcast.WepSpec]
  nexteach

~ Set our 'short name'
  if (field[fChosen].ischosen <> 0) then
    field[fShortName].text = "Spec: " & field[fChosen].chosen.field[name].text

~ Forward the weapon specialization tag for the weapon to the hero
    perform field[fChosen].chosen.forward[WepSpec.?]
  endif

Note: The replacement feat can be found in Custom - Core Book Mods

Just so I know I am sure I have this correct, this replaces the eval script for Deity's Favored Weapon for Favored Soul?

Thanks.