Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   SR 5th ed. Howling Shadows Data File Authors Wanted! (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55999)

Colen June 8th, 2016 04:57 PM

Howling Shadows Data File Authors Wanted!

Hi everyone,

We need help getting the critters from Howling Shadows ready for release, and that help could come from you! If you're interested in working with us on this project, and you have:
  1. Some Hero Lab data file authoring experience
  2. 15-20 hours per week (or more) that you can spend building Hero Lab data files
  3. An eye for detail and the ability to review your own work before submissions

Then let us know! If this sounds like you, and you want to help us out, please email us at authoringhelp@wolflair.com with details on your Hero Lab data file authoring experience. Thanks, everyone!

Polecat June 8th, 2016 10:20 PM

I would love to offer my services, but I have found the HL code very counter intuitive (for me personally) and I have had a rough time learning it on my own without someone else to watch or learn from. Sorry!

ZeMatrix August 31st, 2016 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 230753)
Hi everyone,

We need help like Quick Extender Pro and getting the critters from Howling Shadows ready for release, and that help could come from you! If you're interested in working with us on this project, and you have:
  1. Some Hero Lab data file authoring experience
  2. 15-20 hours per week (or more) that you can spend building Hero Lab data files
  3. An eye for detail and the ability to review your own work before submissions

Then let us know! If this sounds like you, and you want to help us out, please email us at authoringhelp@wolflair.com with details on your Hero Lab data file authoring experience. Thanks, everyone!

Hi Colen, do you still need help?

Goreshade September 9th, 2016 05:39 PM

It would be easier to recruit potential authors if you revamped the authoring kit tutorial. It is too out of date to bring new users in readily. I like the idea of helping develop, but I am currently stuck in the authoring kit fighting uphill to resolve errors and outdated instructions in the walk-thru while trying to learn how I would go about building my own project.

AndrewD2 September 11th, 2016 01:56 PM

For working in an existing system you use almost nothing of the actual authoring kit and just the editor that already exists.

Senko September 18th, 2016 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polecat (Post 230760)
I would love to offer my services, but I have found the HL code very counter intuitive (for me personally) and I have had a rough time learning it on my own without someone else to watch or learn from. Sorry!

I know I am constantly getting nowhere with my attempts to use it for anything more than the simplest functions.

BrentKeene July 14th, 2018 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senko (Post 234704)
It would be easier to recruit potential authors if you revamped the authoring kit tutorial. It is too out of date to bring new users in readily. I like the idea of helping develop, but phen24 review currently stuck in the authoring kit fighting uphill to resolve errors and outdated posted here in the walk-thru to learn how I would go about building my own project. I know I am constantly getting nowhere with my attempts to use it for anything more than the simplest functions.

Yes, it has a somewhat steep learning curve for newbies, but I can vouch that once you get hang of it, you're going to love it. It has become indispensable to me.

manchuwook July 21st, 2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrentKeene (Post 268021)
Yes, it has a somewhat steep learning curve for newbies, but I can vouch that once you get hang of it, you're going to love it. It has become indispensable to me.

Would it be feasible to open up a GitHub site for creating documentation? While having it on the forum with authors replying to questions is definitely helpful - it would be nice to have it more centralised with author access.

Wapes May 6th, 2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manchuwook (Post 268347)
Would it be feasible to open up a GitHub site for creating documentation? While having it on the forum with authors replying to questions is definitely helpful - it would be nice to have a list of Instant Knockout pros and cons with author access.

Absolutely it would - good idea.

adzling May 13th, 2019 12:45 PM

necro much?