Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Mutants & Masterminds (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   M&M 3rd first bug found.. (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=10943)

dartnet August 3rd, 2010 05:54 AM

M&M 3rd first bug found..

According to the DC adventures PDf, multiple Vehicles and HQ's are built as arrays where the most expensive one costs the full equipment point cost and all others cost one equipment point.

From page 151 of DC Adventures:
"ALTERNATE VEHICLES
Just like Alternate Equipment, characters may have multiple
vehicles. These are generally Alternate Equipment
by definition, since it’s difficult to drive or pilot more than
one vehicle at a time! So the character pays the full cost for
the most expensive vehicle, and then 1 equipment point
for each additional vehicle with the same or lesser cost.
The classic DC Adventures example is Batman: he pays full
equipment point cost for the Batplane (the most expensive
of his vehicles) and just 1 equipment point for the
Batmobile and Batboat. Batman’s player can even spend
a hero point to pull out the bat-sub, bat-copter, bat-auto-
gyro, or whatever other vehicle might be suitable for the
current situation."

And pages 161 and 162:
"ALTERNATE HEADQUARTERS
In the event that a character has more than one headquarters,
such as hidden bases scattered around the world, the
others are treated as Alternate Equipment: the character
pays the points for the most expensive HQ, then 1 equipment
point for each additional HQ of the same or lesser
cost. The extra headquarters are largely a convenience (for heroes visiting other areas) and insurance against the loss
of any one HQ.
The only exception to the Alternate Headquarters guideline
is a shared headquarters (previously), the characters sharing
the HQ all contribute to its cost and pay for any personal
headquarters separately. So Batman pays full equipment
points for both the Batcave and his contribution to the Justice
League Watchtower, and Superman does the same for
the Watchtower and the Fortress of Solitude."

Other than that it looks great.

dartnet August 3rd, 2010 06:39 AM

Also the Advantage Favored Opponent needs to be done so that one can wright in the Opponent that the Advantage apples to.

FifthWanderer August 3rd, 2010 06:41 AM

Something is odd in Presence skills. In the table, the Presence bonus is not displaying correctly.

Edit: Never mind, I was looking at it wrong.

fillerbunny_x1 August 3rd, 2010 12:29 PM

Movement -Environmental Adaption shows text stating Choose Environment instead of allowing text to be entered

Flight is showing Levitation as an available flaw twice, one with 2e text in the description.

Adding the alarm feature seems to have the side effect of bumping up Flight by 1 point on vehicles

fillerbunny_x1 August 3rd, 2010 01:03 PM

When trying to build Devices with Alternate Effect devices, the cost for being removable is being factored into the base cost of the device (i.e.- an Easily Removable 8 point device is only allowing an Alternate Effect to be built with 4 points, not 6 (or 8) that is then reduced to 4 by Easily Removable)

fillerbunny_x1 August 3rd, 2010 04:17 PM

Adding Reach to a damage effect (like a whip) is causing it to default from Fighting to Dexterity. I believe this is an error, based on the Extra's use with melee weapons

Jason_Sunday August 5th, 2010 08:07 AM

I created a power using Linked Effects (a Close Damage and Close Mental Blast power) and named it "FireBlade". Then tried to select the FireBlade for my Improved Critical choice. Hero Lab would only let me select from the effects of that power (Damage and Mental Blast). Per Linked p 130 Linked effects act as one power and use the same attack roll.

Jason_Sunday August 5th, 2010 08:09 AM

Immunity Damage Effects will not let you choose or write in a damage effect. There is no type box or drop box.

Jason_Sunday August 5th, 2010 08:17 AM

When choosing two Ultimate Efforts (this may do this with other type box Advantages too) in a row, then trying to type in one of the boxes, the curser moves to which ever box is currently 1st in alphabetical order. Example: Ultimate Efforts is at 1st labeled "Ultimate Efforts: Choose Action". In the box I start to write Ultimate Aim, when I type the "U" the box I am in drops down one the bottom box moves up and begins typing in the second box and I get Ultimate Efforts: ltimateChoose Action"

Jason_Sunday August 5th, 2010 09:36 AM

I have a Ranged Damage 3 Strength based (Str 2) power. I am unable to buy the range up to 5.

Jason_Sunday August 5th, 2010 09:38 AM

The flaw unreliable should have the option for Uses and Roll. It doesn't.

Duggan August 5th, 2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday (Post 42250)
The flaw unreliable should have the option for Uses and Roll. It doesn't.

That's somewhat legacy from 2E, although it would be nice to fix that in this fresh start.

fillerbunny_x1 August 5th, 2010 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday (Post 42249)
I have a Ranged Damage 3 Strength based (Str 2) power. I am unable to buy the range up to 5.

I've been dealing with this by using -multiple effects- and buying the (Damage) Strength Bonus and tacking "Increased Range" onto that, which is what you need to do if buying up other Strength-based effects, like Piercing.

Duggan August 5th, 2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartnet (Post 42141)
Also the Advantage Favored Opponent needs to be done so that one can wright in the Opponent that the Advantage apples to.

Apparently the "Needs Domain" checkbox is not checked. If you do so, it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday (Post 42238)
When choosing two Ultimate Efforts (this may do this with other type box Advantages too) in a row, then trying to type in one of the boxes, the curser moves to which ever box is currently 1st in alphabetical order. Example: Ultimate Efforts is at 1st labeled "Ultimate Efforts: Choose Action". In the box I start to write Ultimate Aim, when I type the "U" the box I am in drops down one the bottom box moves up and begins typing in the second box and I get Ultimate Efforts: ltimateChoose Action"

I'm seeing the same thing, although it's only when I pause typing that it switches. Something like this happened in 2E except that it kept focus as it realphabetized the feats.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday (Post 42237)
Immunity Damage Effects will not let you choose or write in a damage effect. There is no type box or drop box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fillerbunny_x1 (Post 42162)
Movement -Environmental Adaption shows text stating Choose Environment instead of allowing text to be entered

Indeed. This seems to epidemic with all Power Options that are supposed to allow for Custom Text.

Quote:

Adding the alarm feature seems to have the side effect of bumping up Flight by 1 point on vehicles

Haven't been able to replicate this one yet, either with preconstructed or with custom vehicles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday (Post 42235)
I created a power using Linked Effects (a Close Damage and Close Mental Blast power) and named it "FireBlade". Then tried to select the FireBlade for my Improved Critical choice. Hero Lab would only let me select from the effects of that power (Damage and Mental Blast). Per Linked p 130 Linked effects act as one power and use the same attack roll.

I don't think this one's in error... for linked powers, you must buy up all Extras and Flaws for each power. Improved Critical only applies to one power, so for both of them to benefit from the Improved Critical, you'd have to buy it for each of them. Also, those are both Damage powers. In general, you can't link powers of the same base type, so you've got some more fundamental problems.

d20Maverick August 6th, 2010 07:20 AM

When using the Enhanced Traits power to improve skills, it's using the 4 skill points per power point from 2e rather than the 2 skill points per power point of 3e. Normal skills calculate correctly.

Jason_Sunday August 6th, 2010 11:06 AM

When I try to import a stock hero, I get an error message that says "No stock portfolio exists for this game system"

d20Maverick August 6th, 2010 02:50 PM

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request, but:

On the "Output Active Hero Summary", there is no listing for Offense, which seems like an oversight (since it was in 2e and is in a prominent location on the standard print output sheet).

fillerbunny_x1 August 6th, 2010 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday (Post 42301)
When I try to import a stock hero, I get an error message that says "No stock portfolio exists for this game system"

There are no stock heroes in the 3e set. All the Archetypes are in Open Hero-> Portfolios-> mutants3

Jason_Sunday August 6th, 2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fillerbunny_x1 (Post 42310)
There are no stock heroes in the 3e set. All the Archetypes are in Open Hero-> Portfolios-> mutants3

I thought the Archetypes were the Stock Heroes.

fillerbunny_x1 August 6th, 2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason_Sunday (Post 42311)
I thought the Archetypes were the Stock Heroes.

well, yes, they should be....

sak0232 August 8th, 2010 06:16 AM

Quote:

I had the same problem with Str-based Multiattack and Burst Area extras. I looked how you did it for the Speedster archetype. Is there a more intuitive way to offer these options?

sak0232 August 8th, 2010 06:20 AM

I guess these are not really bugs, but wishes...
When I print out my gaming group's statblocks, I'd like to see two things:
1. Some text for the complications. Right now it only seems to print the main theme, like HATRED. I'd like to be able to have a quick reference to award hero points.
2. For the powers, can they be printed in bold or italics, and the modifiers in normal font? It's hard to distinguish between them when I'm using the statblock during play.

Thanks!
Steve-0

Tickkid August 8th, 2010 09:40 AM

I've got a Multiple Effect power. I've added Imunity to the power and have added Environmental Condition to it - however the words take up so much space in the box that is there that I can't actually type in what the conditin is. I've found that to also be the case in the Senses power as well.

Jason_Sunday August 8th, 2010 12:33 PM

Alternate Effect based on Strength Damage

Not sure if this is a bug or really a feature additon but... Currently there is no way to add an alternate effect on Strength Damage (See Superboy in Quickstart guide exept with Enhanced Trait (Strength). Enhanced Trait is a sustained power and you have to spend more points to make it like regular Strength. So if this could be add, it would be great.

Gothenem August 8th, 2010 01:19 PM

OK, when you have more than 1 picture for your hero, and your hero has a minion the hero's 2nd picture is placed in the minion's picture spot, NOT the minion's picture.

For most powers with selections, the box to type is does not appear. For example: Communication Link (Choose Medium)

I don't know if its a bug, or if it's not in the rules, but there is no targeted area effect anymore (at least none that I could see). I wanted to make a speedster with a targeted area burst attack (punching all baddies within the radius), but could not get the option for attack rolls.

Also, I wanted to add a linked power in a multiple effect power, but could not. Could this feature be added.

I wanted a multiple effect power (Bio-Suit), and one of the attacks is a linked blast and weaken toughness. I could not do this directly, and I could not just use the linked extra because I needed to Alternate Power both.

sak0232 August 8th, 2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sak0232 (Post 42355)
I guess these are not really bugs, but wishes...
When I print out my gaming group's statblocks, I'd like to see two things:
1. Some text for the complications. Right now it only seems to print the main theme, like HATRED. I'd like to be able to have a quick reference to award hero points.
2. For the powers, can they be printed in bold or italics, and the modifiers in normal font? It's hard to distinguish between them when I'm using the statblock during play.

Thanks!
Steve-0

Also, the statblocks do not output the initiative bonus. Am I missing something?

Gothenem August 8th, 2010 01:24 PM

Found another bug. On the Special page, it says Movement, Feats & Drawbacks.

This should be Movement, Advantages & Drawbacks.

fillerbunny_x1 August 8th, 2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothenem (Post 42368)

I don't know if its a bug, or if it's not in the rules, but there is no targeted area effect anymore (at least none that I could see). I wanted to make a speedster with a targeted area burst attack (punching all baddies within the radius), but could not get the option for attack rolls.

Also, I wanted to add a linked power in a multiple effect power, but could not. Could this feature be added.

I wanted a multiple effect power (Bio-Suit), and one of the attacks is a linked blast and weaken toughness. I could not do this directly, and I could not just use the linked extra because I needed to Alternate Power both.

There is no longer the option in the rules for Targeted Area effect. You have to add Selective to it. My guess is this is part of the streamlining they did with combat to cut down on the number of rolls needing to be made.

As far as the linked power, I say make it it's own array outside the Multiple Effect Power, but linked by descriptors and theme, for now. Otherwise, yeah- hope that gets adjusted, too

TCArknight August 9th, 2010 01:54 AM

Shouldn't Close Combat skill have Grapple as an option? I thought I saw that Grapple was separate from Unarmed....

DCA HH p. 57
Quote:

Close Combat (Unarmed) is an option, meaning skill with unarmed strikes like punches and kicks. However, this bonus does not apply to other forms of unarmed combat maneuvers, including, but not limited to, grabbing or tripping.

Gothenem August 9th, 2010 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fillerbunny_x1 (Post 42372)
There is no longer the option in the rules for Targeted Area effect. You have to add Selective to it. My guess is this is part of the streamlining they did with combat to cut down on the number of rolls needing to be made.

Well, that's what it is in the rules anyways. Selective extra with the Check Required (attack roll) flaw.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fillerbunny_x1 (Post 42372)
As far as the linked power, I say make it it's own array outside the Multiple Effect Power, but linked by descriptors and theme, for now. Otherwise, yeah- hope that gets adjusted, too

That is what I have right now, I just wanted it so I could turn off the entire suit with one click instead of two.

Cgeist7 August 9th, 2010 11:37 AM

Request: When you select Duplication as a power, can there be an option to make a copy of the core character as a duplicate? If I have a character with 4 duplicates, it is just a pain to input the same stats, skills and powers multiple times (for use in the Combat Tracker).

A further option would be to make the duplicates scaled copies of the main character.

Thanks!

CG7

Duggan August 9th, 2010 02:16 PM

@CGeist:
Myself, I've always gotten around that by using the Duplicate Character option in the portfolio menu options. I know Colen was working on a way to be able to copy-and-paste before this 3E kerflouffle. Hopefully he still releases it.

TCArknight August 11th, 2010 12:35 PM

Something I noticed regarding the Affliction effect:

The Limited Degree flaw properly reduces the degrees to choose from from 3 to 2 (or 1 if two ranks of Limited Degree are taken). However, the Extra Condition modifier does not provide an additional dropdown to choose the extra condition for each degree.

Colen August 12th, 2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

I can't reproduce this at all; which vehicles are you running into this problem with?

Colen August 12th, 2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

For now, you should be able to do this by adding 2 ranks to the (Strength Bonus) Damage power and giving it the "Improved Range" extra.

Colen August 12th, 2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sak0232 (Post 42354)
I had the same problem with Str-based Multiattack and Burst Area extras. I looked how you did it for the Speedster archetype. Is there a more intuitive way to offer these options?

I want to allow you to add more "partial" ranks than is strictly possible, so you could have a power like Strength-based Damage 3 (Improved Range [to 5 ranks]), but that will require some tweaking of the files. It's definitely something I want to add in a future update. :)

Colen August 12th, 2010 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sak0232 (Post 42369)
Also, the statblocks do not output the initiative bonus. Am I missing something?

It looks like the statblock got stuffed up somehow - the initiative should be listed under the Offense section, which is missing. :( I'll fix this for the next release.

Colen August 12th, 2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

I don't think this is in the rules any more - I think area effects are always general area effects now.

Quote:

I'll see if I can get this included; I can't generally let you have nested multiple effects right now, but I think linked effects inside multiple effects should be doable.

Colen August 12th, 2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cgeist7 (Post 42403)
Request: When you select Duplication as a power, can there be an option to make a copy of the core character as a duplicate? If I have a character with 4 duplicates, it is just a pain to input the same stats, skills and powers multiple times (for use in the Combat Tracker).

We can't make copies of entire heroes like this at the moment - this is something that people have been requesting for a while. We definitely want to add it, but it's going to take some major work on Hero Lab to do. :(

Colen August 12th, 2010 12:16 PM

Thanks for the bug reports everyone else has submitted - I've noted them down, and I'll try to fix as many as possible in the next release. :)