Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Windows 10 Compatibility (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53426)

pfloyd July 17th, 2015 11:10 AM

Windows 10 Compatibility

Since Windows 10 is looming on the horizon (next couple of weeks, I think), I thought I'd put this question out. If it's an obvious answer, feel free to Gibbs-slap the back of my head. :)

Will HL work on Win10 without any major hassle or issue, or should it be pretty seamless in migration?

charlieluce July 17th, 2015 02:38 PM

Exmortis has been running Hero Lab under the Windows 10 Preview http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53177
and is reporting no problems.

Exmortis July 18th, 2015 04:28 AM

Still no issues with the latest preview I am running 00156.

RW and HL run very well within windows 10, which is noticeably faster on my Surface than win 8.x I will be upgrading all my four systems on release.

With my surface, because it was a preview OS, I did the install of win10 over win8 leaving the ability to return to win8 if things went pear shaped on me. But it has been the opposite experience, I am struggling with idea of upgrading all my systems to preview, it has been that solid. After the upgrade through the MS Update, HL and RW worked with out issue.

Now as a Caveat, the Surface is an MS product, so I should have fewer problems than say a custom DiY system like my desktop for example. Which is why I choose to run win10 preview on it.

Tiaexz July 23rd, 2015 04:27 AM

There is a problem which made me come here. The license.

Apparently you can only shift it every 4 months, and upgrading OS is terms for a shift and both computers I want HeroLabs on are going to receive the fancy new update, so far I have only got Herolabs on one machine since having both out of comission come September would get awkward.

LazarX July 29th, 2015 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiaexz (Post 213021)
There is a problem which made me come here. The license.

Apparently you can only shift it every 4 months, and upgrading OS is terms for a shift and both computers I want HeroLabs on are going to receive the fancy new update, so far I have only got Herolabs on one machine since having both out of comission come September would get awkward.

There is a an early reassignment tool you can access if you're in that situation which can get things fixed in a couple of days, or you can contact them directly.... After GenCon winds down. :)

Frodie July 29th, 2015 05:07 PM

I did the upgrade today with no problems. HL and everything else works fine.

Exmortis July 30th, 2015 10:16 AM

Same here, the flip from preview to retail happened with no issues and no license activation in HL.

MNBlockHead July 30th, 2015 08:27 PM

Upgraded yesterday and RW is working just fine today. No issues.

charlieluce August 1st, 2015 03:07 PM

Well, carp. I just had to try and screw around with a trackpad driver that didn't work the way I wanted it to, and ended up putting Win 10 into a endless reboot state, and fixing that made Hero lab treat it as a new machine again. I think there ought to be a 72 hour grace period on those early reassignment locks!

Anyway, sent my request in. Not optimistic about getting it before my Pathfinder game, with GenCon and all, but I can hope.

EDIT: *snerk* And literally as I was posting this I was getting the E-mail that my license had been reset. Thank you to Lone Wolf!

thom1111 August 7th, 2015 03:43 PM

Got Windows 10, now my HL is stuck in the lower right corner of my screen and I can't move it's window. Any ideas? (Note, I can't make it into any game screens. The panels are too low an the buttons are off the screen.)