Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   [Modiphius 2d20] Star Trek Adventures (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58838)

PGoodman13 January 5th, 2019 12:54 PM

Not at my computer at the moment, so have a question: As the dataset now stands, could I build a Klingon PC in the TOS era, even though the rules in the Beta Quadrant book says only TNG? Haven't had the chance to experiment there.

ETA: Yes, you can. This is good, because not everyone's campaign is the same. I'm glad the choices aren't so hide-bound as the official online creator app.

SSiron January 5th, 2019 04:19 PM

Currently with (at least my corrected/modified dataset) the creator, yes you can.

If you want the corrected dataset files and a list of what modifications were made, send me a PM and I will get them to you.

PGoodman13 January 5th, 2019 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 274483)
In step 4, Starfleet Academy, regardless of educational track chosen, you get 3 points for Attributes. While it's possible to spend them 2 on one Attribute and 1 on a second, the rules clearly state that you can spend 1 each on three different Attributes. This is on pages 116-117 of the core book.

The program right now only recognizes the "2 points on 1 Attribute, and 1 point on another" approach. This should be changed (when you finally get the chance) to allow for possibly raising three Attribs by 1 each.

Ignore this. I found a drop-down I'd missed before which enabled the option.

TCArknight January 14th, 2019 07:28 AM

I'm in process.of setting up a new laptop, so will be able to dive back into this shortly :)

SSiron January 14th, 2019 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 274928)
I'm in process.of setting up a new laptop, so will be able to dive back into this shortly :)

Let me know in a PM when that happens, and I will reply with a zip folder of all the files I changed with the text file log, along with some suggested modifications.

Duggan January 14th, 2019 09:59 AM

:) Why not branch the GitHub project and submit the changes that way?

SSiron January 14th, 2019 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggan (Post 274936)
:) Why not branch the GitHub project and submit the changes that way?

Because I don't have a github account or anything, and I am not the original author. :) Not to mention I am not a programmer. The text file with changes and suggestions/needed updates will be something that the original author will have to deal with because I have no clue how to.

The one time I visited any github page was to grab the files I needed and that was it.

TCArknight January 15th, 2019 06:21 AM

I'm back up and running now so can check on a few things. :)

Quote:

Ship Issues:
Resource Validation - shows Attributes and Disciplines instead of System and Department.
Resource Validation - number of Traits shouldn't be limited
Resource Validation - Character Points shouldn't show.
Weapons - Damage wrong, should be Scale + Security + Modifiers; seems to be just Scale + Modifiers.
Ship Details - Crew Details entry showing for other than Small Craft.

Hero Issues:
Career Events - Missing many events.
Career Events - Needs Attribute and Discipline added to description.
Talents - Choosing Veteran correctly adds the Veteran Talent, but it doesn't add the fourth Talent to the list; says have used 4 of 3 Talents.
I believe these are all of the current issues found, correct?

Other than what SSiron has for me. :)

PGoodman13 January 15th, 2019 10:38 AM

I think that's it for me so far. Haven't had a lot of time to work with the thing recently, but I hope tonight to knock out a few characters to test things.

SSiron January 15th, 2019 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 274968)
Quote:
Ship Issues:
Resource Validation - shows Attributes and Disciplines instead of System and Department.
Resource Validation - number of Traits shouldn't be limited
Resource Validation - Character Points shouldn't show.
Weapons - Damage wrong, should be Scale + Security + Modifiers; seems to be just Scale + Modifiers.
Ship Details - Crew Details entry showing for other than Small Craft.

Hero Issues:
Career Events - Missing many events.
Career Events - Needs Attribute and Discipline added to description.
Talents - Choosing Veteran correctly adds the Veteran Talent, but it doesn't add the fourth Talent to the list; says have used 4 of 3 Talents.

I corrected some of these issues in my own files, which I will get to you in a few moments in PM, I just wanted to correct one last thing before I update the files.