Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Disable auto-enabled additions (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59297)

joegood666 October 8th, 2017 07:17 AM

Disable auto-enabled additions

This is an enhancement request.

Whenever Hero Labs updates, new modules are automatically selected in the hero configuration. I'm sure that for most users this is a benefit, but our group wants to run a "these books only" game, and it gets very difficult when every time Hero Labs updates, every new AP book or feature gets auto-added to all our existing characters.

It would be very nice to have an option of, "Do not auto-include new content" somewhere.

Azhrei October 9th, 2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joegood666 (Post 257096)
Whenever Hero Labs updates, new modules are automatically selected in the hero configuration.

I have not seen this happen with my own characters. Maybe there's something else going on, such as a preference setting that says "auto-use new materials" or something?

Mathias October 9th, 2017 01:00 PM

I'm not sure why Azhrei isn't seeing this happen, because our assumption is that if you've paid us for the content from a book, you want to use it for your characters, but once you set new defaults one time, you shouldn't have those settings turning on for any other characters.

ShadowChemosh October 9th, 2017 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhrei (Post 257170)
I have not seen this happen with my own characters. Maybe there's something else going on, such as a preference setting that says "auto-use new materials" or something?

I am assuming you are not constantly buying the latest books that come out with each monthly release. I buy everything and new "books" are constantly turning on. :(

Dami October 9th, 2017 01:42 PM

I buy very little, but still have the problem of going through my settings to turn stuff off and re-save my defaults after an update. It's the "free" content that turns itself on that I'm having hassles with, and possibly the OP too.

ShadowChemosh October 9th, 2017 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 257173)
I buy very little, but still have the problem of going through my settings to turn stuff off and re-save my defaults after an update. It's the "free" content that turns itself on that I'm having hassles with, and possibly the OP too.

Some of the "free" ones have been turned off. Temple of Jignesh or whatever its called is one I know got changed.

Ualaa October 10th, 2017 11:42 AM

Temple of Jing, kept turning itself on with each update.
I noticed this, because it would periodically (with each enable event) give a new knowledge skill.
Then I would re-turn it off.

Each time it is offered, I purchase the 2015, 2016, 2017 etc..., bundle, so each update has new content that auto enables.

Azhrei October 10th, 2017 12:35 PM

Ah, that's correct -- I don't just automatically buy everything that comes out. Man, you people have way more money than I do apparently! (Or maybe you're just stronger fans. :))

ShadowChemosh October 10th, 2017 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azhrei (Post 257222)
(Or maybe you're just stronger fans. :))

I need to be able to double check the community Pack vs an ALL official content install. It also allows me to debug issues as I can turn on just some licenses to duplicate a persons install of licenses.

I actually don't use it all. I actually found a few issues with HL that LW fixed because of how much content I had turned on. :) :D

joegood666 October 22nd, 2017 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 257171)
I'm not sure why Azhrei isn't seeing this happen, because our assumption is that if you've paid us for the content from a book, you want to use it for your characters, but once you set new defaults one time, you shouldn't have those settings turning on for any other characters.

As noted above, I set the defaults, then when even new free content comes out it's enabled.

So my experience is that all new content, whether purchased or free, shows up in your default list and all your existing character configurations as "enabled".

The adventure path content is a good example: Every time Lone Wolf adds a new Adventure Path to Hero Labs, that AP shows up as enabled in all my existing characters, as well as in my default settings.