Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Agent on a commlink (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54662)

thegibbling January 10th, 2016 12:21 AM

Agent on a commlink

I think this should be possible with adding "add a module" modification to a commlink then selecting Program Carrier modification. But in HL I cant select the commlink as what the agent is running on. With program carrier the agent would be permanent on the commlink so is there another way I should be adding it?

thegibbling January 12th, 2016 08:51 PM

I'm guessing hero lab doesn't support this given the silence.

Alistair January 13th, 2016 04:00 AM

Probably not, since "Agent" is not a type of program in the list of programs that would be added to the program carrier. You add a program to the carrier by customizing the program carrier module, and Agent isn't in that list.

Agents are a little trickier, a quick look in the editor at the Nixdorf Sekretar shows it has a special custom tag added, key "progRuns" and value "NixdorfSek" This is probably the tag that allows it to associate with the Liebesekretar as what HL calls a "Minion."

If you want a commlink that can run an agent, looking in the editor at the Nixdorf is a good start. Maybe put in a bug/feature request?

adzling January 13th, 2016 07:03 AM

The Nixdorf is the only one that can run an agent I believe....

Mathias January 13th, 2016 07:28 AM

This is why I always ask for bugs to be reported in the bug tracking system, so that I don't miss the threads.

If the Shadowrun files are not working the way you expect, that's a potential bug, and I would really appreciate it if everyone would just report those using the bug tracking system that's linked to in a stickied thread in this forum, instead of filing them in threads where they can get lost.

At first glance I don't see anything that prevents a commlink with a program carrier from running an agent - normally commlinks can't run them because agents take a program slot, and commlinks don't normally have those, but the program carrier adds a program slot, in effect.

I'll put this on my list to investigate further. I'm not really sure the RAI was that agents were intended to be allowed on commlinks with a program carrier, but the RAW may allow it.

thegibbling January 13th, 2016 03:40 PM

Sorry. Didnt think this would qualify as a bug. Do you want me to put it in as one so there is something to track against?

adzling January 15th, 2016 09:49 AM

You are correct I believe Mathias.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 222074)
This is why I always ask for bugs to be reported in the bug tracking system, so that I don't miss the threads.

If the Shadowrun files are not working the way you expect, that's a potential bug, and I would really appreciate it if everyone would just report those using the bug tracking system that's linked to in a stickied thread in this forum, instead of filing them in threads where they can get lost.

At first glance I don't see anything that prevents a commlink with a program carrier from running an agent - normally commlinks can't run them because agents take a program slot, and commlinks don't normally have those, but the program carrier adds a program slot, in effect.

I'll put this on my list to investigate further. I'm not really sure the RAI was that agents were intended to be allowed on commlinks with a program carrier, but the RAW may allow it.