Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   [Modiphius 2d20] Star Trek Adventures (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58838)

TCArknight February 18th, 2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSiron (Post 275941)
Ok, looks like that was just a glitch, but I also noticed something that has been partly bothering me for a while.

In the thing_disciplines.dat, you have the disciplines sorted alphabetically, instead of by section. (Command, Conn, Engineering, Medicine, Security, Science... instead of Command, Conn, Engineering, Security, Medicine, Science).

You know, I guess I just never noticed that was how they were grouped. Let me see what I can do to sort them out that way/reorder them.

I’ll also check the event/discipline bonus issue.

PGoodman13 February 18th, 2019 02:12 PM

I can share this now, right? Get more people involved with testing?

TCArknight February 18th, 2019 02:18 PM

Yes, please! :)

More than happy to have more hands on.

PGoodman13 February 18th, 2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 275931)
I’ll see what I can figure out here. For someone with a Mixed Heritage, how should it display on the output?

Standard notation has it as "Traits: Primary species, Secondary species, Other things".

Quote:

I’ll provide separate items for next release. :)
Aces. :)

Quote:

I’m considering redoing the Species and instead of not making them available in an era, simply flag them as truly valid in their appropriate era. That way you could add them with no issue and get a warning. Then, ideally you could add an adjustment to make them valid. Would something like that work?
Probably, though it's honestly not a problem the way it is, to me at least.

PGoodman13 February 24th, 2019 12:33 PM

Here's an interesting one.

Building a main character. Adding Focuses during the Starfleet Academy phase. Change my mind on one, delete it...and it still tells me that I have 3 of 4 chosen, even though I'm clearly looking at two. Add a different one to the mix. Now it tells me I have 2 of 4 chosen even though I'm clearly looking at three.

I didn't have the good sense to get screen caps, though. Sorry.

TCArknight February 24th, 2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 276125)
Here's an interesting one.

Building a main character. Adding Focuses during the Starfleet Academy phase. Change my mind on one, delete it...and it still tells me that I have 3 of 4 chosen, even though I'm clearly looking at two. Add a different one to the mix. Now it tells me I have 2 of 4 chosen even though I'm clearly looking at three.

I didn't have the good sense to get screen caps, though. Sorry.

Hmmmmm.... that is odd.

Let me see if I can recreate it. :)

PGoodman13 February 24th, 2019 03:44 PM

It clears up when you enter Focus number 5 in step 6, so it appears to be some sort of refresh weirdness on the Basics tab.

Farling February 25th, 2019 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 276134)
It clears up when you enter Focus number 5 in step 6, so it appears to be some sort of refresh weirdness on the Basics tab.

I suspect it is the optimisation that Hero Lab performs, so that it only performs a full re-evaluation of all the rules in certain conditions. You can trigger this manually from one of the menus.

It is probably worth contacting support to see if they can ensure that deleting such an item triggers a full re-evalation of the character.

ShadowChemosh February 25th, 2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 276143)
I suspect it is the optimisation that Hero Lab performs, so that it only performs a full re-evaluation of all the rules in certain conditions. You can trigger this manually from one of the menus.

It is probably worth contacting support to see if they can ensure that deleting such an item triggers a full re-evalation of the character.

And HL 8.8e has a bug where hero tags are not being reset or retested without a full evaluation. This causes some weird bugs to happen in different games. A fix for this is coming soon....

PGoodman13 February 27th, 2019 04:30 AM

Was going to add, "I think it's the software and not the dataset," but experts beat me to it.