Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Website Problems, Comments and Suggestions (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Server outage March 2nd (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=8310)

Colen March 2nd, 2009 02:50 PM

Server outage March 2nd

Hello,

Since early morning on Monday March 2nd, the ISP which operates one of our servers has suffered a major outage. They are currently working on the problem, but we do not have a timescale for resolution yet.

While the outage persists, all sales, license activations and transfers, update checking, and product downloads will fail.

We'll update this notice when the problem has been resolved - unfortunately we have to wait on the ISP to fix the issue, as it is totally out of our control. :(

Colen March 2nd, 2009 02:51 PM

Just a clarification - this is unrelated to the problems we experienced in January - it is a totally different server and ISP.

Cullyn March 2nd, 2009 03:53 PM

This is probably related to someone at work saying today "What else could go wrong today?!"

That always means doom!

Here's hoping everything gets fixed sooner rather than later. Hang tight guys!

Cullyn March 3rd, 2009 11:40 AM

I was able to register and download updates for Hero Lab this morning. However, (don't you hate hearing that :( ), I now can't access the Authoring Kit Wiki. Was the PDF ever recreated for the updated wiki?

winged_human March 3rd, 2009 01:46 PM

Do you have the link to the wiki you are referring to?

Team Tau March 3rd, 2009 04:01 PM

It's up again, or at least the updater.

segnett March 5th, 2009 03:26 AM

Sadly yesterday the main ISP provider, who will go unnamed, dropped the whole western side of our state for about 4-5 hours. I'm wondering if it is a similar problem.

winged_human March 5th, 2009 05:15 AM

It could be. Is your ISP also your Server Hosting Environment?

rob March 7th, 2009 01:03 AM

Everything should be operational now. We've had a few sporadic issues over the past few days, but it's all been smooth for 24-48 hours.

The ISP is also the host for the wolflair.com site. A separate ISP/host is used for the forums and HL Kit Wiki. And a third ISP is used for the lonewolfdevel.com domain. The problems we had earlier this year were with the wolflair.com host/ISP, but the problems this past week have been with the lonewolfdevel.com ISP. <sigh>

gilvagor March 7th, 2009 05:20 AM

Well come on. If there was no excitement like this life would be smooth. I think ISP's do this on on purpose just to mess with everyone. The ISP that I use to deal with would mess up his DNS records at least twice a month and nobody could access our website till we phoned them and then magically it would start to work in a few hours even after they said there was nothing wrong.