Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   adding Guardian mythic tier to a paladin 6 adds 23 hp (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=67376)

Penthau September 19th, 2022 05:09 PM

adding Guardian mythic tier to a paladin 6 adds 23 hp

When I add 1 mythic guardian tier to a paladin of 6th level, she gains 23 hit points, instead of the expected 5 bonus hp. I can toggle the tier on and off and see the hit points jump. When I increase the tier to 2, it only goes up by 5. She has a con of 14, which may be factoring in somehow.

Eilserves September 20th, 2022 06:49 AM

Not able to replicate this, at least with the info given so far. I made a Paladin 6, 14 in all stats before racial adjustments, max HP. Without Mythic it's at 78 HP. With Mythic added, 1 Tier, and Guardian Path, it goes to 83. What Mythic Path Abilities did you select? What about Mythic Feat? What base feats, etc?

Penthau September 21st, 2022 05:29 AM

I should have done this before I posted, but I made a new character sheet with the same choices and I can't duplicate it either. My guess is either the file got corrupted or some choice I made earlier got hidden later. In the immortal words of Emily Latella, "never mind".

Eilserves September 22nd, 2022 08:05 PM

Sounds like what we used to call "Car Ride Syndrome" at the computer repair place I used to work at. ;) As soon as you ask for help it starts working. :D

Ualaa September 28th, 2022 04:19 AM

Murphy's Law.

When asked to demonstrate the problem for the repair man, it works perfectly.

Penthau October 1st, 2022 02:53 PM

Oddly enough it happened again, on a warpriest this time. If I change his path over to Champion, the hp are correct, but when I change them back to Guardian, they jump again. And it is 23 hp again. I am going to see if building another sheet from scratch fixes it.

Creating a new sheet didn't fix it this time. As soon as I added Guardian the hp jumped from 66 to 89. I added another normal level to the character and gave it 1 hp +2 from con. The total should have gone up by 3, but it went up by 6. I think that Guardian is adding 3 hp per character level. The 23 extra at 6th includes the 5 bonus from tier 1 for 18 at 6th level or 3 per level.

And I swear that my car was making that sound when I drove it into the shop. :-)

Eilserves October 6th, 2022 06:09 AM

Unfortunately I'm still unable to replicate this, at least based on the info given.

I made a human warpriest of Nethys. For easy work I set all stats to 18 before racial and gave the +2 to Con to make it 20. I set automatic max HP at new levels and left the FCB on +1 HP. For Feats I took Toughness, Ignore Pain, Combat Casting and Endurance. Bonus feats for lvl 6 warpriest are combat reflexes and defensive combat training.

At level 6 with Mythic turned off, I'm at 90 HP.
Turning on Mythic and staying Tier 1, adding just Guardian I go to 95.
I took Absorb Blow for my Guardian's Call, no change to HP (as expected)
For the Path Ability I took Armor Master, still no change to HP (again, as expected).
For Mythic Feat I took Toughness and my HP Went up to 101, which is, again, as expected.

Not sure what may be adding the extra HP to you, but Guardian itself isn't doing it for me.

Penthau October 7th, 2022 11:04 AM

I had a fixed version of the original broken paladin and I was adding a new character level and everything seemed fine until I added a feat as bonus in the adjustment section. When I got back to the feats section, I notice that the hp had jumped to +21 for a 7th level paladin. Maybe it's interacting badly with the adjustments section?

Penthau October 9th, 2022 02:46 PM

I just discovered that it may be working as intended. The exposed to awfulness trait that leads to the guardian path grants +3 hp per character level when the character becomes mythic guardian. I never noticed that it may be separate from the guardian path.

Eilserves October 14th, 2022 07:32 PM

I can confirm that when I add that trait the HP jumps up another 18 HP, which matches the +3 per level at level 6 and totals the 23 (5 for base Guardian)