Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Online Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Shadowrun 6e ETA? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63154)

markelphoenix September 6th, 2019 05:18 PM

Shadowrun 6e ETA?

When can we expect to see Shadowrun for HLO?

AJC September 6th, 2019 05:42 PM

I believe they have stated it won’t likely until early next year.

markelphoenix September 6th, 2019 06:40 PM

That's disappointing...do they have a history of betas for testing? Right now, on the Shadowrun forums, they have some pretty legit Excel Spreadsheets for character generation...feel like if a single person could do an Excel spreadsheet in first week of rule books release that calculated stats and qualities, that a team who specializes in chargen tools would be able to, I don't know, pop out a MVP relatively quick.

Alewis September 8th, 2019 03:00 PM

I have used HLO for both Pathfinder and Starfinder and its been very disappointing. Shadowrun is a far more complicated system with many more options. As it is, it takes twice as long to make a Pathfinder character online vs classic and the Shadowrun system is only going to compound this problem.

Edit: I forgot to make my point, which is, don't wait for HLO to release SR 6th, find another option.

markelphoenix September 9th, 2019 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alewis (Post 281979)
I have used HLO for both Pathfinder and Starfinder and its been very disappointing. Shadowrun is a far more complicated system with many more options. As it is, it takes twice as long to make a Pathfinder character online vs classic and the Shadowrun system is only going to compound this problem.

Edit: I forgot to make my point, which is, don't wait for HLO to release SR 6th, find another option.

Hmm, community has been passing around an Excel that calculates all the crunchy bits. I could flesh it out with some Macros to make it auto-populate gear on the main sheet print out...

If Lone Wolf doesn't get it's .... drek together, an alternative, probably free, will take it's place from the community. Which is no skin off our hoop, but sad to see a developer who was once known for making an excellent tool that made getting in the game an easier/better experience falter in such a way.

AJC September 10th, 2019 05:50 PM

Correction: I believe that LW responded to a pos5 on FB suggesting that the time frame for release in Oct/Nov

Lj Stephens September 11th, 2019 05:05 AM

Hi folks! Yes, we expect Shadowrun 6 to be out around October / November. Thanks!

Enin November 11th, 2019 01:29 PM

It's been a couple months since this reply and there hasn't been any updates on a newsletter. Can we still count on SR6 coming to HLO this month?

Farling November 11th, 2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enin (Post 283668)
It's been a couple months since this reply and there hasn't been any updates on a newsletter. Can we still count on SR6 coming to HLO this month?

The last LWD message in this thread was from before all the layoffs occurred, so maybe it is delayed.

dacoobob November 12th, 2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lj Stephens (Post 282069)
Hi folks! Yes, we expect Shadowrun 6 to be out around October / November. Thanks!

Yet another new game system to support, but still no Campaign Theater? No starship tools for SF? No player-to-player interaction? Really??