Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   How to Export a Single Element to Another Campaign? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58504)

Warrant2K May 27th, 2017 06:21 AM

How to Export a Single Element to Another Campaign?

I have two different campaigns created and I'm realizing there are some things I need in both, so I want to Partial Export from one to another, but it's not working.

How can I export People (or any element like a Place or Thing) from one campaign to the other?

I used the export tool but only certain things are showing as available to select. I verified what I want to export has been revealed in case that's a hold up, but I still can't see all of my elements listed as available for export.

Edit to clarify: I am able to export what items show up. The problem is not everything shows as available for export.

adzling May 27th, 2017 09:01 AM

yeah i'd like to know if you can export just a single category item definition.

Farling May 30th, 2017 12:22 AM

It isn't possible to export any published content, only your own content.

You need to tag all topics/articles which you want to export with the corresponding export tag.

kbs666 May 30th, 2017 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adzling (Post 250594)
yeah i'd like to know if you can export just a single category item definition.

No. structure is the whole realm.

Farling May 30th, 2017 02:55 PM

You could manually tweak the exported structure to hold only the category definition which you wanted to import; if you understand XML.

Warrant2K June 3rd, 2017 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 250773)
You could manually tweak the exported structure to hold only the category definition which you wanted to import; if you understand XML.

Don't know XML at all. Main problem is not all of my content in Realm A shows up when I go through the export window. I AM able to export whatever shows up, but for some reason, not everything shows up.

I am able to export individual items. For example, I had a topic that contained links to tailored music tracks in Realm A. I was able to successfully export that one topic into Realm B. Boom. Done.

But I need other things in Realm A to be exported. Is there something I need to do to each item to make it "exportable"?

Silveras June 3rd, 2017 09:57 PM

Well if you are doing a "partial export", you need an export tag to identify what is considered part of that export. Then you need to make sure it is assigned to all of the topics you want to export as part of that "partial" export. That's what the new "Bulk Tag" function on the menu of the navigation pane is for.. to add or remove a specific tag for all Topics in the current navigation pane.

Does that sound like it may help?

Warrant2K June 4th, 2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveras (Post 250935)
Well if you are doing a "partial export", you need an export tag to identify what is considered part of that export. Then you need to make sure it is assigned to all of the topics you want to export as part of that "partial" export. That's what the new "Bulk Tag" function on the menu of the navigation pane is for.. to add or remove a specific tag for all Topics in the current navigation pane.

Does that sound like it may help?

I think I found the problem. Under Custom or Partial Export, it says to select the Story or Mechanics source. That means I can only export Story or Mechanics. Not People, Events, Groups, Places, or Things.

Problem is I have People and Places I need to export. am I missing something?

ErinRigh June 4th, 2017 09:36 AM

Actually, you are missing something

1. Go to manage exports>Custom or Partial Export>Create
2. Create the name of your export and save it (the little disc icon)
3. Click done
4. Go to your Topic and Go to the first container (Topic) that you want to export.
5. Right-click and go to Assign to Views>Story Almanac
5a. The program will ask if you want to also assign contained topics, click yes
6. Repeat steps 4-5a until everything you want to export has been assigned to the story almanac.
7. Go to the story almanac, you should only see the topics you've assigned
8. Find the window that possesses the story icon (orange book) and look to the right of it, you will see a magnifying glass, crossed tools and blue circle with an "I" in it.
9. Click the tools>Bulk Tagging>Assign Tag to All Topics in Navigation Pane
10. Click "Jump To" and scroll down to Export
11. Find the name of your export and double click it. This will assign your export tag to everything you want to export
12. Now go back to Manage Exports>Custom or Partial Export
13. Find your export in the list and input all the relevant data (image, summary, etc)
14. Do a "Full Export" (as opposed to Compact output) and voila

Hope this helps

Farling June 4th, 2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warrant2K (Post 250946)
I think I found the problem. Under Custom or Partial Export, it says to select the Story or Mechanics source. That means I can only export Story or Mechanics. Not People, Events, Groups, Places, or Things.

Problem is I have People and Places I need to export. am I missing something?

Story is all the topics, available in the World Almanac (so includes people, events, groups, places and things).

Mechanics is all the articles, available in the Mechanics Reference (such as magic item, hazards, mundane weapons, etc.)