Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Creating Spellbook as part of Loot found (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60966)

Arjon Smithson July 24th, 2018 02:32 PM

Creating Spellbook as part of Loot found

I have a Cleric acting as loot recorder for the party, and we don't have a wizard. We have found a spellbook containing two spells. How is the best way to create and hold this on my character? (Feeling slow this morning)

charlieluce July 24th, 2018 07:01 PM

You can Buy for Free a Spellbook in Gear, then edit it to contain the appropriate spells.

Kaleb July 25th, 2018 09:15 AM

Arieon was a spell book written by an illiterate wizard? What level are the spells contained in the book? Wizards spell books should contain a large number of spells. look at som of the spell books in the gear section under prefilled spell books.

Kaleb July 25th, 2018 09:17 AM

Areion, spell books with only two spells are called scrolls.

ErinRigh July 25th, 2018 11:05 AM

No Kaleb, a spellbook with only 2 spells is called a "Spellbook". The number of written on pages does not detract from the fact that it is STILL a spellbook. Not all spellbooks contain a large number of spells, because each spell takes a certain amount of time to scribe, so who says the spellbook was not in the beginning of the scribing process?

Arjon Smithson July 25th, 2018 01:25 PM

Sorry to cause a semantic argu... discussion. It is actually a book with very much other game fluff - information and history, but also contains two spells of 2nd level interleaved with the other pages of material. I think from memory, Ed Greenwood used to use this style of book in his Forgotten Realms material quite a bit, and our GM has created something in similar style.

Minous July 25th, 2018 05:56 PM

Actually a spellbook vs scroll has a big difference, you cannot prepare a spell from a scroll, you MUST use a spellbook.

Kaleb July 26th, 2018 03:27 AM

I was being a smart ass. I found it funny that a spell book found as loot only had 2 spells
I kind of thought the last spell ended with arghh and a dying scrawl.

Azhrei July 26th, 2018 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaleb (Post 268490)
I was being a smart ass. I found it funny that a spell book found as loot only had 2 spells

Yeah, it was penned at Castle Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh. ;)

ErinRigh July 26th, 2018 02:25 PM

Quote:

look at som of the spell books in the gear section under prefilled spell books.

Quote:

If you were being a smart ass you probably shouldn't have told him to "Go look it up" as if he was doing something wrong, just sayin'