Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   D&D 5e Community Pack (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55090)

QueenOfWinter April 22nd, 2016 10:00 PM

Wanted to drop in just to say you all are awesome. That is all.

MrEdaniels May 2nd, 2016 03:41 AM

Update URL isn't working for Ipad version of 5E Herolab (unless I need a license to make it work, that might be the problem).

wurzel May 2nd, 2016 04:34 AM

It works fine for me, so maybe you have a typing error?

BoomerET May 6th, 2016 08:34 AM

I see at the bottom left of the Background tab:
'Background & Faction Features'

Yet, where to select a Faction has eluded me.

I looked through the SRD, and didn't find any mention of Factions, so maybe that's why?

The reason I'm asking is because of the Hero Lab to Fantasy Grounds converter I'm working on.

Boomer

TechanMac May 6th, 2016 09:34 AM

So I got D&D 5e for Herolab as soon as it came out because I love HeroLab and have been just starting a 5e game. The SRD release was disappointing as they didn't have any of the info for the character I was playing.

I was excited about this community pack, as I thought it would fix that, but am hoping that I just messed something up in the installation as it still seems to be missing the things I was needing. Namely, all the archetype options for classes seem to still be limited to just one option, such as the Divine Domains for Clerics, the different Circles for Druids, the different Bardic Colleges for Bards, etc. Still only one option available for all of those. Did I do something wrong? Or are those still not available yet in this pack?

daplunk May 6th, 2016 02:16 PM

There is no faction ability currently.

BoomerET May 6th, 2016 10:42 PM

Thanks @daplunk.

BoomerET May 8th, 2016 01:16 PM

There are two 'Spare the Dying' spells.

(Found during Optional Book of Shadow Cantrips)

daplunk May 8th, 2016 02:48 PM

Click HERE to report a new issue or request a new enhancement within the Community Pack.
Click HERE to see the official Hero Labs support information.

BoomerET May 8th, 2016 03:09 PM

Thanks deplunk, I've submitted it via GIT.

daplunk May 8th, 2016 03:57 PM

And a tip. If you enable developer mode you can right click on things to see the name. If the name contains '5C' its community content. Alternatively its LW content. This lets you know who to log the ticket to using the links above.

BoomerET May 8th, 2016 07:04 PM

Awesome, thanks for the hint, been programming HL for a few years and didn't know about that right click thing.

daplunk May 19th, 2016 12:46 PM

v1.4 May 19, 2016

A fairly significant update is now available. A huge chunk of the place holders have now being replaced with paraphrased text. A huge thanks to all involved. This was not a quick task. You should note that background text in your pre existing characters will not update automatically. You can remove and re-add the background to load the text into your character.

We have also added alpha and beta tags to the pack element names. This should give you an idea of the status of the content.

As always. Please don't report bugs via this forum. Instead use the links to our github in the first post.

New Features
  • DMG - New Items Added (Saddle of the Cavalier, Cap of Water Breathing, Cloak of Invisibility, Driftglobe, Efreeti Chain, Elixir of Health, Gloves of Thievery, Mariner's Armor, Potion of Fire Breathing, Potion of Invulnerability, Potion of Vitality, Sending Stones, Sentinel Shield,Rod of Pact Keeper, Alchemy Jug).
  • Adv League - Rage of Demons - Added monsters and NPC : Giant Two-headed Goat, Wild Dog, Wild Dog Alpha, Rothé Zombie, Breex Vandermast, Red Plume Patrol, Captain Erlich, Evil Sorcerer.
  • Out of the Abyss - Added monsters : Derro, Derro Savant
  • Out of the Abyss - NPC Races : Drow Template
  • Monster Manual - Added monsters : Dracolich template
  • New Adjustment - Change weapon type information of item
  • New Adjustment - Natural Weapon, Extra Damage
  • New Adjustment - Natural Weapon, Target
  • New Adjustment - Multiattack Text
  • New Adjustment - Spell DC, Specific School. NOTE: Currently individual spell DCs are not displayed in HL.
  • New Adjustment - Spell DC, Single Spell. NOTE: Currently individual spell DCs are not displayed in HL.
  • Added in a generic "Spell Attack" weapon that can be added to any character.
  • New adjustment - "Spell Attack Dmg" that lets a gamer set any type of damage onto the selected "Spell Attack" weapon. This is helpful for both those using iPads or paper sheets.
  • SCAG - Deities - Added all missing gods from normal FR pantheon
  • SCAG - Tiefling Variants
  • En5ider 07 Nature's Remedy - No scripting completed
  • En5ider 15 Strands of Life - No scripting completed
  • En5ider 16 King and Country - No scripting complete
  • En5ider 18 King and Country II - No scripting complete
  • En5ider 34 Chessmaster and Commanders - No scripting complete
  • En5ider 57 Scientific Sorcery - No scripting complete
  • En5ider 58 It's Never Over - No scripting complete
  • Rage of Demons - New Monsters (Red Plume Patrol, Breex Vandermast, Derro)
  • DDEX3-2 - New Monsters (Captain Erlich, Evil Sorcerer)
  • Rage of Demons - Poison Weapon Added
  • HOMEBREW - New Spell (Word of Censure)
  • HOMEBREW - New Cleric Domain (Exorcism)
  • PHB - New Spells (Mage's Faithful Hound, Mage's Magnificent Mansion, Mage's Private Sanctum, Mage's Sword)
Enhancements and Changes
  • Added tags to source selection to indicate current status of content. Alpha - Have started adding the 'Things' to the tool. Beta - All 'Things' added and usable however scripting will be missing or incomplete. - Content is released, may contain placeholders still.
  • PHB - All class 'Placeholders' replaced with relevant text.
  • PHB - Backgrounds (All 'placeholders' replaced with relevant text).
  • SCAG - Backgrounds (All 'placeholders' replaced with relevant text).
  • SCAG - Added Arcana suggested domain to some deities.
  • 5eFeats - Pre-Requisites coded into all feats.
  • 5eFeats - Expertise added to all feats except Skill Focus.
  • Elemental Earth - Replaces Spell placeholders with relevant text.
Bug Fixes
  • Great Weapon Master - Now correctly applying result to magic weapons
  • Monster Manual - Bone Naga spellcasting has correct spellcasting attribute now
  • Monster Manual - Flame Skull renamed to Flameskull
  • PHB - Feats (Dual Wielder spelling corrected)
  • War Cleric Bugs resolved
  • SCAG - Storm Sorcery Sorcerer: Now receiving Fly correctly at 18th level instead of Level 1.
  • Fifth Edition Feats - "Spell Focus" feat to be able to actually Select a school of magic and have its DC bonus reflected on spells. NOTE: Currently individual spell DCs are not displayed in HL.

AEIOU May 19th, 2016 01:57 PM

Congrats on the release and thank you!!!

AEIOU May 19th, 2016 03:28 PM

I've started a thread on Github for spelling corrections on the Backgrounds. I'll get back to more correction suggestions hopefully next week unless someone else picks up where I left off. My thanks to the person(s) that did the hard part of rewording all of those!

daplunk May 19th, 2016 04:14 PM

Thanks, I knew there would be a number of them. It was a very mundane task :)

solomani May 19th, 2016 05:19 PM

Excellent.

burkoJames May 24th, 2016 04:33 PM

Trouble downloading files on a mac.

I have added "http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml" to my update list but after reboots can not access the community files for download. they do not appear on the update list. I receive the d20pfsrd updates without problems.

Edit: Apparently im blind. Nevermind.

PandaWTG May 27th, 2016 10:52 AM

Ipad Question

Okay, so I'm trying to get this working on my ipad, and I'm having some trouble. So I added the url for the community pack, I installed it and the only thing showing up is an Update titled "5e Community Pack." I installed that and no new content is showing up. No packs have populated my available updates or anything. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, can anyone help?

ShadowChemosh May 27th, 2016 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PandaWTG (Post 230261)
Okay, so I'm trying to get this working on my ipad, and I'm having some trouble. So I added the url for the community pack, I installed it and the only thing showing up is an Update titled "5e Community Pack." I installed that and no new content is showing up. No packs have populated my available updates or anything. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, can anyone help?

Did you go to the "Character" tab and turn on the source options for the 5e Pack like "5e Players Handbook" or other books?

PandaWTG May 31st, 2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 230264)
Did you go to the "Character" tab and turn on the source options for the 5e Pack like "5e Players Handbook" or other books?

Ahhhh I feel really dumb. Thank you so much.

fyerbug72 June 1st, 2016 02:59 AM

Okay so I am having the same problem as Panda. I have followed the instructions to the letter(I think) and the pack is not showing up anywhere. It is not showing up in the configure hero section nor in the updates section. I re-installed and still no luck. Please help!!!

ShadowChemosh June 1st, 2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyerbug72 (Post 230435)
Okay so I am having the same problem as Panda. I have followed the instructions to the letter(I think) and the pack is not showing up anywhere. It is not showing up in the configure hero section nor in the updates section. I re-installed and still no luck. Please help!!!

Please list the "exact" steps you have done. Provide screen shots if you can. Need more information.

panda June 1st, 2016 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fyerbug72 (Post 230435)
Okay so I am having the same problem as Panda.

I don't have any problems :p

BoomerET June 1st, 2016 05:08 PM

Are you sure you installed the 'Community' update?

You'll first need to configure the update XML file.

ekendra June 2nd, 2016 11:59 AM

I just want to say, "You guys rock!"

There. Done.

ekendra June 10th, 2016 02:31 PM

Wood Elf Resource Overspent Error

direwolves June 26th, 2016 06:17 PM

I have a player who's using a Dragonborn Fighter with the Mariner fighting style. Is this available to enter in the current version? I can't seem to find Mariner anywhere. Or is that something possibly coming?

seffer July 12th, 2016 01:07 PM

Hi. I've got the community pack working on my iMac and have been playing with several characters on it. I recently got HL on my iPad and added the 5E SRD. Everything seems to work, including sharing my portfolio with Dropbox, except:

I can't get the Community Pack to install on the iPad. I used the shadowsoftware URL at the start of this thread, but I get this error message: "Error while retrieving http://shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml. The updates document could not be retrieved. Please check the URL is correct and redownload Hero Lab."

Any ideas? I've tried several times and I get the same error. I've also tried reinstalling the 5E SRD.

ShadowChemosh July 12th, 2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seffer (Post 232019)
Hi. I've got the community pack working on my iMac and have been playing with several characters on it. I recently got HL on my iPad and added the 5E SRD. Everything seems to work, including sharing my portfolio with Dropbox, except:

I can't get the Community Pack to install on the iPad. I used the shadowsoftware URL at the start of this thread, but I get this error message: "Error while retrieving http://shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml. The updates document could not be retrieved. Please check the URL is correct and redownload Hero Lab."

Any ideas? I've tried several times and I get the same error. I've also tried reinstalling the 5E SRD.

I just verified using my browser that the URL is working and checked on my iPad. No issues.

My only guess would be you have an extra "space" or something in the URL. I would delete it and reenter it make sure no space is at the end or beginning of the URL.

seffer July 12th, 2016 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 232021)
I just verified using my browser that the URL is working and checked on my iPad. No issues.

My only guess would be you have an extra "space" or something in the URL. I would delete it and reenter it make sure no space is at the end or beginning of the URL.

Ah. Got it. I was behind a firewall that must have been blocking this. Got it working now. Thanks!

ShadowChemosh July 12th, 2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seffer (Post 232022)
Ah. Got it. I was behind a firewall that must have been blocking this. Got it working now. Thanks!

Damn Firewalls! :D :p

Glad its working now...

gamemasterbob July 21st, 2016 12:44 PM

THANKS for your hard work and continued thanks!!

I just want to say THANKS to all those who put their knowledge and time to work to make this 5e community pack possible. I hope that you will continue. THANKS and GREAT WORK!!!

Bob

mattig89ch July 23rd, 2016 12:54 AM

I want to say thank you to the team that put this together. I was about to come here, asking how to enter classes and races myself. So that I can enter these classes by hand. But this package solved my problems.

Thanks again folks!

Barrels23 July 23rd, 2016 08:55 AM

Blood Hunter

Has anyone managed to create Matthew Mercer's Blood Hunter? I've really been wanting to use that class for some campaigns I'm working on, but I can't figure out the details of the Editor.

daplunk July 23rd, 2016 03:03 PM

No this has not been added yet. If anyone has it I can add it in the next release.

Barrels23 July 23rd, 2016 08:15 PM

I essentially have the majority of the class figured out. My big four problems are with the Crimson Rite (and by extension Sanguine Mastery), Blood Maledict, the Formulas for the Order of the Mutant, and the patronage and spells for the Order of the Profane Soul.

With Crimson Rite, I'd like to know if it is possible to cause the damage to show up along with the weapons, as well as to take off the HP while activated (until Sanguine Mastery negates the loss of HP). Also, I'd like to know if it's possible to remove available rites once selected.

With Blood Maledict, I need to figure out how to choose two curses when first gained, remove selected curses from further options, and if it is possible to show those effects at all. I have a similar problem with the Formulas.

With the Order of the Profane Soul, I can't really figure out how to be able to select a patron, or restrict the choices of spells a hero learns.

mirtos July 28th, 2016 03:03 PM

First off: Thanks everyone for their hard work.

This may have already been discussed in the release, but ive noticed that Paladin spells appear to be missing all the paladin spells in the PHB. Is this coming?

Also, there seems to be a bug about racial cantrips. Cantrips are cast at the level of the character, not a caster, and racial cantrips are also cast at the level of the character, not a caster. This might be a general bug and not related to the community pack.

daplunk July 28th, 2016 03:40 PM

If your missing all the Paladin spells you're doing something wrong. PHB Spells are 100% complete.

If you find any bugs please report them via our GitHub repository with the steps taken to replicate the bug so we can investigate.

https://github.com/Sklore/HL_DD_5e_Colab/issues

mirtos July 28th, 2016 09:27 PM

I dont think im doing something wrong. Ill look to see what im missing, but I remember a PC who is playing a paladin saying some things were missing, and i believe i have them all.

As for the bug, ill post one in a bit. glad to know its in github.