Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Adding Dragons (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=22109)

Kesendeja August 3rd, 2012 07:46 PM

Adding Dragons

I'm adding a race that gains a +1 IP pass and need help coding the bonus.
Also their Damage needs to be -2 AP.
In addition I need to make a new Gear Size.
Any help would be appreciated.

If anyone's interested its the Dragons as PC's Catalyst released as an April Fools several years back. Not really all that balanced but fun for a one off game and making NPC's.

Kesendeja August 4th, 2012 06:50 AM

And if someone can help me mod Great Dragon to use with them I'd appreciate it.

Kesendeja August 8th, 2012 10:25 PM

The questions seem viable for more than just my build.

Jareth Valar August 9th, 2012 03:37 AM

OK, maybe an idea as to why this is happening might garner some help.

Kesendeja's starting up a "new" on-again/off-again game bringing back some OLD prime runner's we played straight to retirement and street legend status (emphasis on OLD, PRIME and LEGEND status). She plans on them getting embroiled in this whole dragon civil war meta plot going down and thinks the April Fool's article actually works for her campaign.

So, this isn't just some whimsical screw-ball request.....wait, actually, it is kinda screw-ball, but an actual request none the less.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mathias August 9th, 2012 08:01 AM

You've asked complex questions - several of them, and those take time to answer properly.

You've also asked them in the week before Gen Con - I'm rushing to finish a number of things before the Con, and have not had the time to look into this yet. I will try to make the time before the convention.

Although I can answer one quickly - the gear size can't be done by users - there are too many places in the structural files where gear size behaviors need to be modified for me to be able to expose that to users.

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 08:10 AM

About gear, makes sense and thanks. Didn't mean to nag, I completely forgot about Gencon until this morning, so sorry if I came across as impatient. Whenever you get the time to look at it I appreciate it, I just didn't know if anyone was taking me seriously given the source. But thanks for the hard work.

Mathias August 9th, 2012 08:33 AM

You may want to take another look at the Dragon from the critter tab, though - It applies an AP modifier to its natural attack, so study all the details of that attack - how does it do it?

Kesendeja August 9th, 2012 08:53 AM

Thanks, got it figured out.
Field ID = wpAP

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:07 AM

The critter dragons get +1 IP - how do they do that?

If that doesn't work (that mechanism may only be available for critters and not normal races), think of augmentations or adept powers that add +1 IP - how do they do so? Can you copy their Eval Scripts, modify them to add +1 instead of + rating, and add that script to your race?

Mathias August 9th, 2012 09:10 AM

Sorry for not answering these earlier - I guess they were just matters of figuring out where the best places to point you were, not cases where I needed to figure out the scripts that would be involved - I was overthinking them and put them on the back burner because of that.