Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   [Help needed] How can I do..... (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=15528)

tkarn January 3rd, 2012 10:36 PM

[Help needed] How can I do.....

Programming some templates, I have some questions.

Some Undead templates use CHA instead of CON to determine the bonus Hitpoints per HD. How can I change the attribute for calculating HP?

Aaron January 3rd, 2012 11:21 PM

The "Use CHA instead of CON" thing is a feature of the undead type, not necessarily any template. It should automatically occur if you select Undead for the "Override Type" selection on your template.

tkarn January 4th, 2012 12:10 AM

Ah, OK...

tkarn January 12th, 2012 10:33 PM

The "Singer of the Blades" Archetyp has the "Song of Blades Style" Ability which grants a dodge bonus to AC when wielding a longsword or rapier. How can I check this in a script?

tkarn January 13th, 2012 12:55 AM

Another question: I have a list of new weapon properties. When I create a custom magic item in HL I can use them. But how can I use them in the Magic weapon editor? Didn#t find any possibility to use them. Or have I bootstrapped them manually?

Aaron January 13th, 2012 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkarn (Post 69182)
The "Singer of the Blades" Archetyp has the "Song of Blades Style" Ability which grants a dodge bonus to AC when wielding a longsword or rapier. How can I check this in a script?

Add a longsword/rapier, right click and show the tags on it. Now equip and unequip it, what tags get added when equipped? Is there one that appears regardless of which hand equips it?

Now you can do a foreach on your class ability looking through the weapons that are equipped. If the equipped weapon is either a longsword or rapier, then have it add the dodge bonus.

Aaron January 13th, 2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkarn (Post 69190)
Another question: I have a list of new weapon properties. When I create a custom magic item in HL I can use them. But how can I use them in the Magic weapon editor? Didn#t find any possibility to use them. Or have I bootstrapped them manually?

I'm not exactly clear on what you are asking but I will take a whack at it. If you mean you are creating a specific magic weapon in the editor (for example, the Sunsword) and you want to add magic weapon powers (for example, keen, or any other ones you have made custom), you should bootstrap them to the weapon. Does that answer your question?

tkarn January 13th, 2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 69217)
Add a longsword/rapier, right click and show the tags on it. Now equip and unequip it, what tags get added when equipped? Is there one that appears regardless of which hand equips it?

Now you can do a foreach on your class ability looking through the weapons that are equipped. If the equipped weapon is either a longsword or rapier, then have it add the dodge bonus.

Do you know if there is an example i can look at?

tkarn January 13th, 2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 69218)
I'm not exactly clear on what you are asking but I will take a whack at it. If you mean you are creating a specific magic weapon in the editor (for example, the Sunsword) and you want to add magic weapon powers (for example, keen, or any other ones you have made custom), you should bootstrap them to the weapon. Does that answer your question?

This is what i was looking for.

Aaron January 13th, 2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkarn (Post 69220)
Do you know if there is an example i can look at?

An example of what, a foreach loop?