Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   D&D 5e Community Pack (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55090)

TheBullDog March 14th, 2017 06:09 AM

I see mystic was updated in 1.7, but I don't seem to see it in my class list... Was it removed?

Also being that it was just recently updated to a full 20 level stat block, I presume it is being updated, maybe?

daplunk March 14th, 2017 10:29 AM

It's on the to do list.

taffysaint March 26th, 2017 06:21 PM

As with a previous responder - I just figured it out and it does appear that I am an idiot.

For anyone else wondering how to activate the content from the community pack on the ipad:

Select the 'Character Tab' and change the Hero Settings - all the content is in that list but not activated by default.

Thanks for the hard work on this content, makes things soooooooo much better!

MardukBathory March 31st, 2017 12:41 PM

Where is the .USER file for the gunslinger saved? I have it from the community pack and I'd like to open it in editor, but I can't find it.

(I'm not going to mess with it, I just want to take a look at it to make another, similar subclass for rogues)

daplunk March 31st, 2017 06:56 PM

Pretty sure it's in the class home brew file.

MardukBathory April 1st, 2017 04:45 PM

Nope. Just Blood Hunter & 2 versions of Alchemist :(

daplunk April 1st, 2017 06:36 PM

Is there a dmsguild.Com file? I'm camping so just random guessing.

jbearwillis April 1st, 2017 07:07 PM

It is in the Homebrew Classes.user file, it is under the custom abilities tab. It is an Archetype and not a class.

eldamir April 3rd, 2017 11:47 AM

With all the new UAs out there, when will we expect another update?

And yep, I know I should be able to contribute, but that's not working out for me right now..

daplunk April 3rd, 2017 02:18 PM

When it is ready.

I personally can't commit to anything at this stage. I've been promoted at work (and thus actually working) and have taken on a number of side projects that require more immediate attention.

Thus if people want regular updates we are going to need a fresh intake of contributors.

daplunk April 5th, 2017 03:41 AM

Quite a few bug reports have been closed tonight.
Unearthed Arcana - Starter Spells added.

If anyone would like to test you can get the updated files HERE.

Conandy April 6th, 2017 08:03 AM

Not sure if this is where we are supposed to report errors or bugs, but the Spider Staff from Lost Mine of Phandelver is showing up as a +2 weapon, which it is not supposed to be.

Mergon April 6th, 2017 09:16 AM

Conandy:

You need to post this bug on the GIT site. Click on the 'D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault ' link in daplunk's posting above. Once you have posted this bug there I'll fix it.

I created the item for the community and don't know how I put a +2 in there. I was working from posted data since I don't have that module.

I have already fixed it on my end and as soon as you post it to GIT I'll upload the fixed version as a zipped file.

Conandy April 6th, 2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergon (Post 247529)
Conandy:

You need to post this bug on the GIT site. Click on the 'D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault ' link in daplunk's posting above. Once you have posted this bug there I'll fix it.

I created the item for the community and don't know how I put a +2 in there. I was working from posted data since I don't have that module.

I have already fixed it on my end and as soon as you post it to GIT I'll upload the fixed version as a zipped file.

Thanks, Mergon. I filled out the bug ticket, I think. never used Github before.

daplunk April 6th, 2017 09:27 PM

It worked :) this now ensures its on our radar. While we do monitor the forums its quite often something we do adhoc and then forget about. Github makes the pack much easier to manage and many of us can work towards the same goal and keep track of our progress.

Tomlan April 7th, 2017 05:45 PM

Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere. I'm having trouble getting skill proficiencies to select. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
This is my first time posting and I'm a little unsure of the process. Thanks, all.

MNBlockHead April 7th, 2017 07:59 PM

I was told to post a this feature request here.

I would like the ability to track how I EARNED down time in HeroLabs for DnD 5e Adventurers League play, not just how I SPENT down time.

I'm trying to use HL for my character sheet AND my AL log. What is hanging me up is downtime. It seems like the downtime tab is designed for logging the SPENDING of downtime. There doesn't, however, seem to be any way to log the downtime earned.

Right now I use the Downtime Journal to log the days EARNED. E.g. a typical journal entry is:

Title: DDALOS-05-12 Bad Business in Parnast
Game Date: blank
Real Date: 2017-02-20
Project: Adventurers League
Days: 5

At the top is will say, for examples, Days Spent 15 of 0.

It seems that what is expected is that I just type in the amount of Downtime required to complete the project. And that the downtime journal entries are supposed to log the activities completed to spend the downtime.

There doesn't, however, seem to be any way to log how I earned the downtime, which makes it rather useless for AL, unless I'm missing something.

Right now, It is much easier to just record everything on the paper log sheets and show that to the DM than to use HL for tracking this. I would rather that not be the case and am eager for any tips to make HL work for AL play.

daplunk April 7th, 2017 09:49 PM

Here? Downtime tracking is maintained and controlled via LWD. I would recommend logging a request to them via the following:

http://www.wolflair.com/redirect/bug...php?project=5e

If they specifically come back and say we can do it. Well that's going to be another issue as I personally wouldn't know where to start.

eldamir May 2nd, 2017 11:18 AM

The Hero Lab Updater lists the last update to the Community Pack as 14-Dec-2016, but the Release page on Git shows "v1.8 February 12, 2017"

I've been doing a nightly git pull, so don't see a disconnect, personally, but my son's girlfriend just purchased HL and worried that she won't get the newest updates pulling from http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml

Any clarification would be awesome.

thanks

ShadowChemosh May 2nd, 2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eldamir (Post 249119)
The Hero Lab Updater lists the last update to the Community Pack as 14-Dec-2016, but the Release page on Git shows "v1.8 February 12, 2017"

I've been doing a nightly git pull, so don't see a disconnect, personally, but my son's girlfriend just purchased HL and worried that she won't get the newest updates pulling from http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herolab/5e/updates.xml

Any clarification would be awesome.

thanks

Thanks I updated the date....

furby076 May 6th, 2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taffysaint (Post 246922)
For anyone else wondering how to activate the content from the community pack on the ipad:

Select the 'Character Tab' and change the Hero Settings - all the content is in that list but not activated by default.

Thanks for the hard work on this content, makes things soooooooo much better!

So I have the windows version of Hero Lab, and am in Hero setting...what am I looking for? Other than the Psionic handbook, I don't see another option

daplunk May 6th, 2017 07:57 PM

You should see lots more than the Psionic Handbook.

http://i.imgur.com/AW6lSKm.jpg

furby076 May 7th, 2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daplunk (Post 249362)
You should see lots more than the Psionic Handbook.

http://i.imgur.com/AW6lSKm.jpg

Sorry, yes, I see much more than Psionics handbook (not what you see). What I am missing is the new mystic class...If someone started it, and shared it, I would like to get my hands on it so I can take a look (and try to help).

daplunk May 7th, 2017 01:23 PM

The Mystic class has not been added to the Community Pack yet nor am I aware of anyone working on it.

Mergon May 7th, 2017 05:12 PM

A version was added as the Psionic Handbook. It was badly implemented, in my opinion, as it uses the psionic powers as spells so I don't use it. It uses the mystic and the same class name as the Mystic. It caused me all sorts of problems with my version of the Mystic which is set up as abilities that show up under the Inplay tab. When you active an ability, the ability is immediately implemented and applied to the character where such applies.

The Psionic Handbook caused major conflicts with my version which was updated to version 2. I have started upgrading my version to v3, but have a ways to go before I am finished.

Because of all the issues the 5C version caused me, I refuse to have anything to do with it.

daplunk May 7th, 2017 05:15 PM

That's the Mystic Handbook not the UA Mystic. Will be completely different content.

Mergon May 7th, 2017 05:23 PM

The handbook was based to the UA Mystic and then modified and upgraded. That what caused me so many headaches with mine which unfortunately I created before the Psionic Handbook. Because he used tags and id I'd already used, you can imagine the headaches I had. In the end I had to change a lot of tags and Id's which made all the Mystic characters I created up to that point, unplayable.

Its why I have to always delete the Community packs version of the UA Artificer. It conflicts with mine and I refuse to go through the problems I had with changing my own version of the Artificer. :(

It one of the things I am starting to hate about some community pack materials. Conflicts with personal material that prevents any non-stock materials from loading.

When I upload materials I always try to make sure my materials won't cause conflicts.

daplunk May 7th, 2017 05:31 PM

What unique ID are you using for all your stuff? If you are using 5C you shouldn't be as that's the unique ID for the community pack so the only time that should be used is specifically for content that goes into the Community Pack to be used in the same format that the Community Pack provides.

The Psionic Handbook came before the UA Mystic. Long before it.

Mergon May 7th, 2017 05:42 PM

If the community scriptwriters used 5C or 5E in ALL there tags there would be no issues.

A lot of my most used stuff (like the Mystic and Artificer didn't include my ID unfortunately - SoE). I used cMystic, cHelpMys, cArtificer, and cHelpArt when I created them. It was a mistake on my part at the time. To change everything would have required my players to re-created or modify literally dozens of characters (like happened with the Mystic).

In my opinion, all the Community materials should have the 5C in all tags; including those for class ID and helpers. <sigh>

I have started including my ID in all my tags. But Id rather do without community material than go through the headaches I experienced with my Mystic version when the Community version came out.

I've had to do this with the Communities' version of the UA Artificer and have not missed it. I have been workign on creating my own version of the UA Artificer, but I have so much on my plate and so little free time to implement it all . . .

daplunk May 7th, 2017 06:12 PM

Alright so looking at the CP Mystic there is only one 'thing' where the 5C was missed.

It's the Class object though which is cHelpMys. This generally happens because of the special wizard that is used to create Classes. It's the one element that follows a different process to everything else but its not something I can fix. For the same reasons as you just on a much larger scale.

The artificer has way more issues.

I need to think of a way to call this out to people submitting content. I've been taking less of an active role as I've picked up a heap of other work but the nature of the content is that the community should be able to add to the community pack so hmm.

Mergon May 8th, 2017 09:00 AM

The last few times I started to work on UA material like the Artificer, someone else has put it out before me. It's gotten so that I now wait and see who'll put it our before I can.

I'm surprised no one has done the new feats yet. :)

daplunk May 8th, 2017 02:19 PM

The UA's have been coming out so hard and fast with the community poking holes in them so quickly that it's just not been worth the effort. Now we are going through the re-run's of those UA releases.

Honestly, I'm more likely to just ban UA at this stage and wait for what I can only assume is going to be a major player content release.

furby076 May 8th, 2017 07:54 PM

I think UA is going to 1 per month. Yes, a phb 2 book would be awesome, but i imagine that wouldn't happen prior to Xmas time. Books take a while to make, and announcements would be made well in advance to build hype.

Anyhow, i signed up for github and am working on mystic. I could use some help since I'm new to this

furby076 May 8th, 2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mergon (Post 249419)
If the community scriptwriters used 5C or 5E in ALL there tags there would be no issues.

A lot of my most used stuff (like the Mystic and Artificer didn't include my ID unfortunately - SoE). I used cMystic, cHelpMys, cArtificer, and cHelpArt when I created them. It was a mistake on my part at the time. To change everything would have required my players to re-created or modify literally dozens of characters (like happened with the Mystic).

In my opinion, all the Community materials should have the 5C in all tags; including those for class ID and helpers. <sigh>

I have started including my ID in all my tags. But Id rather do without community material than go through the headaches I experienced with my Mystic version when the Community version came out.

I've had to do this with the Communities' version of the UA Artificer and have not missed it. I have been workign on creating my own version of the UA Artificer, but I have so much on my plate and so little free time to implement it all . . .

Would you mind sharing your mystic files? Maybe i can swipe some of that stuff into my work? Im trying to make version 3

Mergon May 8th, 2017 08:06 PM

I'll see about uploading it to the GIT site. Remember, this was created for my own (and my players) use. I've kept it true to the UA Mystic but have only just started updating it to version 3.

I've tried to keep my custom material in separate files; that way my homebrewed stuff doesn't show up for peeps who wouldn't want it. This is mostly custom feats, Orders, Disciplines, and Talents.

Movian May 12th, 2017 04:41 AM

So not sure if I did something wrong or a small bug in the community pack.

Duergar Fighter LVL 3

It's showing invisibility on my spells page, Duergar don't get that till lvl 5

Mergon May 18th, 2017 05:50 PM

Sorry about the UA Mystic folks. I feel ill the day after I posted and have been in the hospital for the past 6 days. I have yet to get back into the swing of things.

dafrca May 21st, 2017 01:35 PM

For personal reasons I had to step away from games for a while. Now I am back. Am I right in seeing the latest update is from Feb and is 1.8?

Just checking to make sure I have not missed some of your great work. :-)

dafrca May 26th, 2017 12:04 PM

if you find a typo do you want it reported over at GIT or just pointed out?

daplunk May 26th, 2017 01:01 PM

Report it at git. Then there's something to track it by.