Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric March 6th, 2012 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpirunner (Post 77921)
Hi,

I have come across this strange behavior in 3.9b + Lawful_G_1.6:
When I enable the "Monster Manual in my hero's config,
the base reflex value of my characters goes up by +2,
which should not happen. Disabling it again brings it back
to the correct value. However the Monster Manual is required
to build characters with non-default races and animal companions.
Could you have a look at this ?

Greetings,
Mathias

I'm seeing the same thing. I'll try to take a look at it.

Update: I have found the source of this issue. In the file "MM - Creature types Compiled.user" each type is having its saving throws calculated. I took a look at the Type-Humanoid script and made one change to the bottom of the second eval script:

Code:

  else
    each.field[rFort].value = round(HD/3, 0, -1)
    each.field[rRef].value = round(HD/2, 0, -1)  + 2
    each.field[rWill].value = round(HD/3, 0, -1)
  endif

Text in italics was removed. It appears there are similar scripts for all types. However, not all types are sourced to the Monster Manual.

Bodrin, I believe this is your code. I am not sure if you intended to have it all sourced or not. I also don't know if there was a reason for the +2. Before I go mucking around with it, do you want to take a look or just let me know what you were looking to do here? I don't have a problem with editing it, but I don't want to ruin anything you may have been trying to do here.

LordValerius March 6th, 2012 04:39 PM

Not sure what to do with this....
 
I am having the same issue after realizing that my humans had extra numbers on their reflex saves...Once MM was removed it corrects the error of course, but then my players mounts are hosed.

I really don't want to start fiddling too much with the eval scripts as I will most likely jack something up....

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

LordV

bodrin March 6th, 2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 77924)
I'm seeing the same thing. I'll try to take a look at it.

Update: I have found the source of this issue. In the file "MM - Creature types Compiled.user" each type is having its saving throws calculated. I took a look at the Type-Humanoid script and made one change to the bottom of the second eval script:

Code:

  else
    each.field[rFort].value = round(HD/3, 0, -1)
    each.field[rRef].value = round(HD/2, 0, -1)  + 2
    each.field[rWill].value = round(HD/3, 0, -1)
  endif

Text in italics was removed. It appears there are similar scripts for all types. However, not all types are sourced to the Monster Manual.

Bodrin, I believe this is your code. I am not sure if you intended to have it all sourced or not. I also don't know if there was a reason for the +2. Before I go mucking around with it, do you want to take a look or just let me know what you were looking to do here? I don't have a problem with editing it, but I don't want to ruin anything you may have been trying to do here.

Not my code. I just started adding the subtypes as text ready for bootstrapping later. I think Lawful_g is the scriptee, however! Maybe nudging in that direction we'll get some insight.

Aaron March 6th, 2012 05:05 PM

Sendric, that code was mine. It was there so that races would automatically calculate and increase their saves as they gain extra HD.

What I would do is add that +2 back in, but also have a check before running any of the automatic calculation scripts on the types. If the race has more than 0 racial HD (I can't think of a humanoid with racial HD, but I am sure there must be some), then run the script to calculate the BAB/saves/skill/etc, otherwise don't because they will be defined by class levels (for humans and the like).

Sendric March 6th, 2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 77981)
Sendric, that code was mine. It was there so that races would automatically calculate and increase their saves as they gain extra HD.

What I would do is add that +2 back in, but also have a check before running any of the automatic calculation scripts on the types. If the race has more than 0 racial HD (I can't think of a humanoid with racial HD, but I am sure there must be some), then run the script to calculate the BAB/saves/skill/etc, otherwise don't because they will be defined by class levels (for humans and the like).

Ah. My fault then. Sorry, Bodrin.

I'll take a run at this tomorrow, and hopefully have a fix by the end of the day based on your suggestions, Aaron.

As an aside, should all the types and subtypes from that file be sourced to the Monster Manual? Or should they not be sourced at all? It currently appears to be inconsistent as some of the types (5 or 6 off the top of my head) are sourced, but none of the others.

Aaron March 6th, 2012 07:35 PM

I'd make them all unsourced unless that causes problems.

Sendric March 7th, 2012 06:17 AM

Ok, removed the sources (except the Eberron source for the Deathless type), and added the following statement:

Code:

  ~ Also do nothing if we don't have racial hit dice
  doneif (herofield[tHitDice].value - herofield[tLevel].value = 0)

I don't know if this is the way you are supposed to count racial hit dice, but it seems to be working. Adding the file to the 1.7 dropbox release folder.

Kendall-DM March 7th, 2012 10:53 AM

You can also count racial Hit Dice by looking at the race's rHitDice value, or counting the Classes.Race tag on the Hero.

Sendric March 7th, 2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendall-DM (Post 78046)
You can also count racial Hit Dice by looking at the race's rHitDice value, or counting the Classes.Race tag on the Hero.

I tried something similar with rHitDice, but it caused an error. It compiled ok, but gave an error in the portfolio. Since this didn't give an error, and seemed to accomplish the same thing, I went with this. I didn't try the Classes.Race tag though.

Kendall-DM March 7th, 2012 12:52 PM

Sorry, I should have mentioned, rHitDice is on the BaseRace, so what I've had to do in the past is do a foreach on the BaseRace, and then get the each.field[rHitDice].value to avoid the error. It's much easier just to count the Classes.Race though, since that is on the hero.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.