Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

GoldenBlue October 30th, 2014 08:30 PM

Bug in Warblade

So my character is a Half-Orc Warblade at level 4. He should have no special bonuses to his Reflex Save except that granted by the Battle Clarity class feature. His Int is 14 (+2) and his Dex is 16 (+3) so by my (admittedly often flawed math) his Reflex save should be 6 = 1 (from the warblade class table) + 3 (dex mod) + 2 (granted by Battle Clarity). The software is reporting 8. Perhaps the software is adding his warblade level [4] to the Ref save instead of min(IntMod [2], WarbladeClassLevel [4])?

Let me know if I'm crazy and a fix if you can,

Thanks!

Sendric November 1st, 2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBlue (Post 196279)
So my character is a Half-Orc Warblade at level 4. He should have no special bonuses to his Reflex Save except that granted by the Battle Clarity class feature. His Int is 14 (+2) and his Dex is 16 (+3) so by my (admittedly often flawed math) his Reflex save should be 6 = 1 (from the warblade class table) + 3 (dex mod) + 2 (granted by Battle Clarity). The software is reporting 8. Perhaps the software is adding his warblade level [4] to the Ref save instead of min(IntMod [2], WarbladeClassLevel [4])?

Let me know if I'm crazy and a fix if you can,

Thanks!

Yep. It's a bug. If you open the Tome of Battle user file and find Battle Clarity in the Class Special tab, you can change that last line of the eval script to this:

Code:

#applybonus[BonInsight, hero.child[vRef], bonus]
That should resolve it. Thanks for the report.

Bloodwolf November 1st, 2014 12:54 PM

Ok here is a quick list of the MM1 monsters that have feat issues that are used for Summon Monster I and II.
All seem to have Unarmed Strike even if they have claws. Is this a hard coded item?

Badger supposed to have Track, Weapon Finesse. Has Track, Weapon Finesse, and Agile.

Monkey supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Agile.

Owl supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Hawk supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Raven supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Small Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.

Eagle supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Medium Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.

Wolf supposed to have Track and Weapon Focus Bite. Has Track and no Feats available. When Weapon Focus Bite added the Weapon Focus Bite added twice bootstrap issue.

I'll go through and find the rest later and post them too.

GoldenBlue November 2nd, 2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 196428)
Yep. It's a bug. If you open the Tome of Battle user file and find Battle Clarity in the Class Special tab, you can change that last line of the eval script to this:

Code:

#applybonus[BonInsight, hero.child[vRef], bonus]
That should resolve it. Thanks for the report.

Yep, that fixed it. Thanks again Sendric! However you didn't let me know if I am crazy :)

Sendric November 2nd, 2014 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenBlue (Post 196520)
Yep, that fixed it. Thanks again Sendric! However you didn't let me know if I am crazy :)

Aren't we all just a little crazy? ;)

Sendric November 6th, 2014 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 196440)
Ok here is a quick list of the MM1 monsters that have feat issues that are used for Summon Monster I and II.
All seem to have Unarmed Strike even if they have claws. Is this a hard coded item?

Everyone gets Unarmed Strike. It's hard-coded. For animals, I usually just ignore it.

Quote:

Badger supposed to have Track, Weapon Finesse. Has Track, Weapon Finesse, and Agile.

Monkey supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Agile.

Owl supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Hawk supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Raven supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Small Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.

Eagle supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Alertness.

Medium Viper Snake supposed to have Weapon Finesse. Has Weapon Finesse and Improved Initiative.
So I just looked into this. According to the errata, this is correct. All of these animals (plus a few others) obtained Weapon Finesse without having the proper pre-requisite. The errata indicates that because of this, Weapon Finesse should be treated as a bonus feat (so that it can ignore the pre-req) and then they each gain an additional feat, as you've pointed out.

Quote:

Wolf supposed to have Track and Weapon Focus Bite. Has Track and no Feats available. When Weapon Focus Bite added the Weapon Focus Bite added twice bootstrap issue.

I'll go through and find the rest later and post them too.
Probably the same issue where the bootstrapped weapon has the Weapon Focus tag applied. There's no way to force a selection when bootstrapping a feat, which is why I suspect the original author did this. It probably makes sense to have the player select the appropriate weapon, though so I'll make the correction.

Update: I can't force the selection, but I can limit it. Seems like a reasonable solution here.

ShadowChemosh November 6th, 2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 196825)
Probably the same issue where the bootstrapped weapon has the Weapon Focus tag applied. There's no way to force a selection when bootstrapping a feat, which is why I suspect the original author did this. It probably makes sense to have the player select the appropriate weapon, though so I'll make the correction.

Update: I can't force the selection, but I can limit it. Seems like a reasonable solution here.

Are you using a custom version of Weapon Focus? I fixed Weapon Focus two versions back to support the "Target.?" tag which allows you to set the target of the weapon focus when you bootstrap. So just looked and the CORE wolf has Weapon Focus - Bite when selected.

XML example:
Code:

<bootstrap thing="fWepFoc">
      <autotag group="Target" tag="wBite"/>
      </bootstrap>

Sendric November 7th, 2014 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 196867)
Are you using a custom version of Weapon Focus? I fixed Weapon Focus two versions back to support the "Target.?" tag which allows you to set the target of the weapon focus when you bootstrap. So just looked and the CORE wolf has Weapon Focus - Bite when selected.

XML example:
Code:

<bootstrap thing="fWepFoc">
      <autotag group="Target" tag="wBite"/>
      </bootstrap>

Neat. I wasn't aware of this. Maybe if I was better at reading documentation...

Thanks for the info. I'll have to test this out. It will certainly make things much easier.

mirtos November 15th, 2014 06:38 AM

This may have already been brought up, but we have a bug with things stacking that shouldnt.

For example, I do an adjustment, Armor Class (deflection to a character who already has a ring of protection +2, and they stack. they shouldnt. I did this adjustment to simulate a protection from evil spell.

I tested this by doing two different deflection bonuses as well, both on adjustments... and they stack.

Sendric November 16th, 2014 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirtos (Post 197421)
This may have already been brought up, but we have a bug with things stacking that shouldnt.

For example, I do an adjustment, Armor Class (deflection to a character who already has a ring of protection +2, and they stack. they shouldnt. I did this adjustment to simulate a protection from evil spell.

I tested this by doing two different deflection bonuses as well, both on adjustments... and they stack.

I believe this is actually intended. An adjustment is meant to take your existing deflection AC and change it however you wish. What we really need is more spell adjustments, which wouldn't stack. I'll add this to the to-do list.