Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Community Created 3.5 D&D data set.... (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=11584)

ShadowChemosh January 21st, 2017 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 242181)
Ok I'm helping a buddy reload Hero Lab and reload the 3.5 user content but we are running into a problem. I added the shadowsoftware in the updates and got the d20 Community Set(v1.19) in the updates but none of the books show up to be added to the configuration of the hero. I checked between my updates and his and he has all the same updates listed but I have the books available to set and he doesn't. Not sure what I missed.

Did you download v1.19 and install it? Are you getting ANY errors on d20 startup (if so HL has fallen into safe mode).

MToscan January 21st, 2017 03:12 PM

Does the set contain everything I need to run Age of Worms?

Sendric January 21st, 2017 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majorian (Post 241046)
Great.

One (probably not) last thing. I've been looking at the Divine Crusader, and I was thinking I could do something similar to the Pious Templar where it gets to choose a spell list, but instead of doing the Paladin or Blackguard lists, use the Domains.
Not sure if you (or anyone else) would have any hints towards queuing up the entirety of available Domain lists, but they'd be welcome.

And to add, is it possible to change a character's race using a feat that overrides it?

I think it's technically possible, but not advised. I'll have to look into it, but it might be better to set up an error that makes the player change the race manually.

Sendric January 21st, 2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MToscan (Post 242193)

I haven't a clue. If there's anything unique to it then probably no. The community set is still improving though, so if there's something specific you'd like to see added, feel free to make a request.

bodrin January 22nd, 2017 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MToscan (Post 242193)

No.
There are a few things which were added, feats and a certain dracolich is definitely in there.

Bloodwolf January 22nd, 2017 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 242183)
Did you download v1.19 and install it? Are you getting ANY errors on d20 startup (if so HL has fallen into safe mode).

Yes 1.19 is what I downloaded, installed and even reactivated the license. But yes I'm getting some duplication errors. Off the top if my head I can't remember from what book. I think arms and equipment.

On mine I get a couple duplication errors for one of the monster manuals since the last update but the books still show up.

ShadowChemosh January 22nd, 2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 242264)
Yes 1.19 is what I downloaded, installed and even reactivated the license. But yes I'm getting some duplication errors. Off the top if my head I can't remember from what book. I think arms and equipment.

On mine I get a couple duplication errors for one of the monster manuals since the last update but the books still show up.

If HL gets any errors on STARTUP then it falls into safe mode and will not load the community stuff. If you get the errors when opening a .por file that is different. I am sort of guessing here based on the information provided.

When you see these errors RIGHT mouse click and select copy. Then paste into this thread so that Sendric can try and help figure out how to fix.

Sendric January 23rd, 2017 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 242264)

If you are getting errors from Arms and Equipment it means you haven't updated in a long time because that file was removed a couple years ago. Your best bet is to remove the current user content (be sure to save anything that is home-grown or otherwise not from the community set) and download the latest release again.

Bloodwolf January 23rd, 2017 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 242312)
If you are getting errors from Arms and Equipment it means you haven't updated in a long time because that file was removed a couple years ago. Your best bet is to remove the current user content (be sure to save anything that is home-grown or otherwise not from the community set) and download the latest release again.

It must not be A&E then because the computer crashed and they had to completely re-install HL. Once I get some time to run back over there, probably Wed with my work schedule, I'll find out definitively and get back with you.

Monteparnas January 26th, 2017 05:49 AM

I'm needing the Lord of Tides PrCl from Sandstorm, but noticed that it is absent. Is there a reason, I'm not aware of? Some suggestion on how to emulate it until it is released?