Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric November 30th, 2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsteel (Post 170493)
Yes, the Ki straps are from the MIC pg 113.
The extra stunning feat is from Complete Warrior pg 98
Ability focus feat is from the Monster Manual 1 pg 303

Thank you for taking the time to look into this. I very much appreciate it.

Thanks for the info. A lot of stuff from MIC is missing scripts to perform their actual functions. I'll make sure to bump this item to the top of the list.

Sendric December 2nd, 2013 07:31 AM

Regarding the Chosen Foe feat from Drow of the Underdark, it appears whoever entered this used their own summaries instead of those provided by the book. I've fixed this one, but I'm not going to change the others at this time. I may do this at a later date.

Sendric December 2nd, 2013 07:35 AM

Breaking this up into three separate bugs, and putting all notes concerning them here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsteel (Post 170373)
Ki straps don't change the DC or the times a day.

Fixed for next release. There was no script. Added one to indicate the higher DC in the livename.

Quote:

The extra stunning feat doesn't change the DC or the times a day.
Fixed for next release. The script's timing was incorrect. Moved it to Post-Attributes/5001 so that it occurs after Stunning Fist feat eval script. I also added in to this script to modify the name so that will appear correct as well.

Quote:

Also, I have been able to get around it but I also can't get the feat "ability focus" to select stunning fist.
This is a known issue, and one that is on my to-do list.

Sendric December 5th, 2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araris (Post 168890)
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right place or not. However the "Dread Pirate" class has the prereq of the skill Profession: (Sailor). However the community content didn't include that skill. I can do the "other" for profession and fill it in, however it doesn't recognize it when I select Dread Pirate.

Sorry. Just noticed this as I was perusing the thread. I'll add this skill and the pre-req for the next release.

Edit: The skill is there, but it is sourced to Legends of the Twins. I'll update this so that it's always available.

bodrin December 9th, 2013 01:40 PM

Probably because it's a situational it isn't actually classed as a bug but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

The improved skirmish feat isn't adjusting the skirmish ability displayed on the scout with its extra bonus AC and DAMAGE if a move of 20' is made.

It only appears in the feat description table.

I can't remember if the append text macro is used in the D20 system either.

Sendric December 10th, 2013 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodrin (Post 171771)
Probably because it's a situational it isn't actually classed as a bug but I thought I'd mention it just in case.

The improved skirmish feat isn't adjusting the skirmish ability displayed on the scout with its extra bonus AC and DAMAGE if a move of 20' is made.

It only appears in the feat description table.

I can't remember if the append text macro is used in the D20 system either.

I don't believe there is an append text macro either. There also isn't situational modifers in d20. However, I could possibly use the charge effect to modify the text when its active.

Sendric January 7th, 2014 11:42 AM

The function "compare" doesn't seem to be working in the d20 system. I get some very strange results from:

Code:

    if (compare(C1thing,C2thing) = 1) then
    C1thing = C1thing & "ation"
    elseif (compare(C1thing,C3thing) = 1) then
    C1thing = C1thing & "mutat"
    endif

With this, when C1thing = C3thing, it adds "ation" to the end of C1thing, but nothing happens when C1thing = C2thing.

This code, which should effectively be the same, works as intended:

Code:

    if (C1thing = C2thing) then
    C1thing = C1thing & "ation"
    elseif (C1thing = C3thing) then
    C1thing = C1thing & "mutat"
    endif

Probably not a big deal, but I thought I would mention it.

Mathias January 7th, 2014 11:52 AM

Sendric, you should always use either <> 0 or = 0 when testing with compare(). You cannot be certain that the number returned will = 1, just that it will either be 0 or be something other than 0.

Quote:

number compare(string str1, string str2)
Compare the two strings str1 and str2. If the strings are identical, the value 0 is returned. If str1 would appear before str2 in an alphabetical sort (based on the ASCII code of each character), a value less than 0 is returned. If str1 would appear after str2 in an alphabetical sort, a value greater than 0 is returned. Note that all uppercase characters are sorted before lowercase characters

Sendric January 7th, 2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 173720)
Sendric, you should always use either <> 0 or = 0 when testing with compare(). You cannot be certain that the number returned will = 1, just that it will either be 0 or be something other than 0.

Ah. Well, that certainly explains it. Thanks.

Though, I feel I should point out that in your Pathfinder scripting 104, you say:

"compare(A, B)
TRUE/FALSE - this will return the number 1 if A and B are identical (capitalization counts), and 0 if they are not."

Maybe that's just for Pathfinder, but its why I was using "= 1"

Beowulfe January 10th, 2014 09:06 AM

Incorrect Animal Companion effective HD
 
I was working up character concept as follows:
Barbarian (Beast Totem and Mad Dog) 2
Rogue (Survivalist) 3
Cleric 1

I chose feat Boon Companion
The animal companion shows up as a 6 HD creature until I add the Animal domain to the cleric. Then HL drops it to a 4 HD creature. If I remove the domain, it jumps back to 6 HD.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.