Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Sendric July 11th, 2020 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 289557)
Also, the coding for the binder's Binding ability (Tome of Magic, xBind) is still calculating wrong. Please change to:
Code:

      var level as number
      var check as number
      var difficulty as number
      level = hero.childfound[xBind].field[Value].value
      check = level + #attrmod[aCHA]
      difficulty = round(level/2,0,-1)
      difficulty = difficulty + 10 + #attrmod[aCHA]

      field[xSumm].text = "EBL = " & level & ", Binding Check 1d20 + " & check & ", Special DC = " & difficulty & "."


Thanks. I've already fixed this for the next release. I'm hoping to get that out later this month.

Illyahr July 11th, 2020 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 289581)
foreach loops are powerful, but also notoriously slow. As a modification, please try this:

Code:

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
  foreach pick in hero where "WepFocus.? & (thingid.wBattleaxe | thingid.wWarhammer | thingid.wGreatclub)"
        perform each.delete[wCritMult.?]
    if (eachpick.tagis[thingid.wGreatclub] <> 0) then
        perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.3]
    else
        perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.4]
    endif
  nexteach


Unfortunately, it only works for the selected type of weapon. If you had two of them with weapon focus, only one would get the critical bonus.

Sendric July 11th, 2020 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 289585)
Unfortunately, it only works for the selected type of weapon. If you had two of them with weapon focus, only one would get the critical bonus.

Good point. Let's try this then:

Code:

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
  foreach pick in hero where "WepFocus.? & (thingid.wBattleaxe | thingid.wWarhammer | thingid.wGreatclub)"
        perform eachpick.delete[wCritMult.?]
    if (eachpick.tagis[thingid.wGreatclub] <> 0) then
        perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.3]
    endif
    if (eachpick.tagis[thingid.wBattleaxe] + eachpick.tagis[thingid.wWarhammer] <> 0) then
        perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.4]
    endif
  nexteach

PS Just tested this. Seems to work.

Illyahr July 11th, 2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 289589)
Good point. Let's try this then:

Code:

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
  foreach pick in hero where "WepFocus.? & (thingid.wBattleaxe | thingid.wWarhammer | thingid.wGreatclub)"
        perform eachpick.delete[wCritMult.?]
    if (eachpick.tagis[thingid.wGreatclub] <> 0) then
        perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.3]
    endif
    if (eachpick.tagis[thingid.wBattleaxe] + eachpick.tagis[thingid.wWarhammer] <> 0) then
        perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.4]
    endif
  nexteach

PS Just tested this. Seems to work.

This doesn't seem to restrict the modifier to the chosen weapon type. The ability only works for the weapon chosen from the dropdown.

Sendric July 11th, 2020 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 289594)
This doesn't seem to restrict the modifier to the chosen weapon type. The ability only works for the weapon chosen from the dropdown.

I must have glossed over some detail. I'll take another look when I get the chance

Sendric July 12th, 2020 05:20 AM

Sorry. I was so focused on the foreach loops I failed to notice only the chosen weapon would be affected even though you explicitly told me.

Code:

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
doneif (field[usrChosen1].ischosen = 0)

var wpn as string
var crit as string

wpn = field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagids[thingid.?]
if (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[thingid.wGreatclub] <> 0) then
  crit = "wCritMult.3"
else
  crit = "wCritMult.4"
endif

foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where wpn
  perform eachpick.delete[wCritMult.?]
  perform eachpick.assignstr[crit]
nexteach


Provos July 18th, 2020 12:44 AM

Not a big deal but I noticed a typo in the explosive item description has a typo "teh" instead of "the" a few sentences in.

Sendric July 18th, 2020 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 289747)
Not a big deal but I noticed a typo in the explosive item description has a typo "teh" instead of "the" a few sentences in.

I have no idea what item you're referring to, but I went through the data files and fixed a bunch of "teh" spelling errors.

Provos July 18th, 2020 04:16 PM

Sorry let me clarifty. ipExplosiv had the typo in it. "though the wielder may be subject to teh extra damage"

Provos August 15th, 2020 02:02 AM

Hey, the +2 "skillful" weapon special ability from complete Arcane has the wrong cost of +3. It is spelled skillful in the book but skillfull in HeroLab It also seems to increase your BAB but doesn't seem to add the iterative attack. Am I misunderstanding that it changes you to a 3/4 BAB?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright 1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.