Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Starfinder (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   What books are you most excited about getting? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65916)

TheMaskedFerret May 15th, 2021 03:07 AM

What books are you most excited about getting?

So much stuff coming out from Paizo for Starfinder! What are you most interested in for 2021?

I am most excited about Tech Revolution, more Tech stuff! And the Galaxy Exploration Manual comes out the first week of June. What are your thoughts?

WatersLethe May 16th, 2021 06:57 AM

Starfinder #30 Puppets Without Strings, released July 2020

It has the Spell Sergeant archetype which is one of the only ways Starfinder offers gish-style gameplay. I've been playing a character with that archetype since ~October 2020, and trying to manually account for its features since then. Would be great if this software could handle it.

Tohmaturge May 17th, 2021 05:23 AM

I'm personally still catching up all the AP (since they contain items, locations, spells, etc). Reading Dawn of Flame at the moment.

I would say that both Tech Revolution and Galactic Magic are what I'm mostly looking forward to. Anything that adds depth to the setting. My favorite books are the Pact Worlds & Near Space. Kinda wish they would elaborate more on the worlds already listed. The Tabori Cluster, the Great Shadar, The Gideron Autority, etc.

TheMaskedFerret May 26th, 2021 05:51 PM

That makes sense, @Tohmaturge. @WatersLethe, I get it. The lack of updates means I can't spend money on HLO.

Tohmaturge May 27th, 2021 05:31 AM

True dat. I'm personally limiting my own chronicle to the material that is supported by HLO since I'm using the software as my single source of truth.

Hear that LWD ? I got money to spend on ya !

TheMaskedFerret May 30th, 2021 08:26 AM

I think we can add the Alien Character Deck to this list.

jrcchicago May 30th, 2021 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WatersLethe (Post 295029)
Starfinder #30 Puppets Without Strings, released July 2020

It has the Spell Sergeant archetype which is one of the only ways Starfinder offers gish-style gameplay. I've been playing a character with that archetype since ~October 2020, and trying to manually account for its features since then. Would be great if this software could handle it.

Similar issue - I'm holding off on making an Esper-themed Mystic until the Psychic Magic material in Starfinder AP #23 (Hive of Minds, from the Attack of the Swarm AP) is added to HLO. If there were an option to include custom theme names, theme abilities, and custom spell names, just for tracking purposes, it would be easier to go build the character without having every source published included.

WatersLethe May 31st, 2021 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrcchicago (Post 295259)
Similar issue - I'm holding off on making an Esper-themed Mystic until the Psychic Magic material in Starfinder AP #23 (Hive of Minds, from the Attack of the Swarm AP) is added to HLO. If there were an option to include custom theme names, theme abilities, and custom spell names, just for tracking purposes, it would be easier to go build the character without having every source published included.

Yeah, it's honestly nearly a dealbreaker on this software. I'm actively looking for an alternative, and if I find one I'll abandon the hundreds of dollars I've already spent.

What's the point of having an expensive character gen software if I'm constantly referring to a google docs character sheet with my actual character details?