Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   A matter of getting bonuses to apply properly, forked from the bug reports thread (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13723)

Mathias August 12th, 2011 02:28 PM

A matter of getting bonuses to apply properly, forked from the bug reports thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkZombie (Post 60568)
As a side note, it would be nice if the dodge calculation grabbed all mods to the dodge skill and not just the skill points. I created Move by Wire and all the increases work, including the bonus to Dodge skill. However it is not using it when calculating Defense. Probably something you don't want to deal with until you work on the Augmentation rulebook, but I thought I would mention it.

Edit: I just realized that Enhanced Articulation is in the core rules, so bonuses to dodge not being picked up is a current bug.

Could you be more specific about how you're having MBW add its dodge bonus? I see nothing in the scripts that would prevent a dodge bonus from adding to the defenses.

What phase & priority are you using?

Are you adding to the rating (like reflex recorders), or to the dicepool (like enhanced articulation)? (You want to be adding to the rating).

Enhanced Articulation only modifies skills in the Physical category - Dodge is a Combat skill, so it's not improved by enhanced articulation.

bludragn August 12th, 2011 04:35 PM

Can you also post how you made the move-by-wire addition? i have several people in my grp that use it and i am not a programer, so would be helpful to see how you did it so i can pass it along. Thanks!

DrunkZombie August 13th, 2011 11:29 AM

This is the script I used. It may not be correct or most efficient way since you haven't had a chance to release documentation, so I am just groping in the dark.

Phase: Traits Priority:5000

Timing: After Calc grRating, Before Calc trtFinal #2

~only proceed if we're not disabled
doneif (activated = 0)

~+Rating to REA and Initiative Passes
perform #traitaugment[attrRea,+,field[grRating].value*2,""]
perform #traitaugment[attrPass,+,field[grRating].value,""]

foreach pick in hero from SkillAct where "Skill.skaDodge"
perform eachpick.field[DicePool].modify[+,field[grRating].value,""]
nexteach

A goofy way to do it by just looping through one skill, but I don't know the method to directly modify a skill and it was all I could find. I modified the loop used for skill groups. It does appear that I am just modding the dice pool.

Should I use something like: perform eachpick.field[Rating].modify[+,field[grRating].value,""] or is there a method to directly add. Which would be much more elegant. I tried traitaugment but it didn't work. Is there a skillaugment?

However I have also now noticed that the calculations are not taking Dodge specializations in account. For instance, if a have a Ranged specialization on Dodge, it is not being added to Ranged Full Dodge.

I also tried to have it give the player the free skillwires, but could only get it to give a rating one as a bootstrap. I don't know how to vary the rating of a bootstrap and get it installed into the character for no cost or essense. So I removed it and instead created a copy of the skill wires that have no cost or essense that can be added manually.

DrunkZombie August 13th, 2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bludragn (Post 60628)
Can you also post how you made the move-by-wire addition? i have several people in my grp that use it and i am not a programer, so would be helpful to see how you did it so i can pass it along. Thanks!

Once I get the script above fixed you can use that. Do you need help setting up the cost, essence, etc... ?

I have also created Genetic Optimization using the script:

Phase: Pre-Trait Priority: 5000

Timing: After Apply Racial Min/Max,
Before Attr Calc trtMaximum
Bound trtUser

~if we're not active, just get out now
doneif (activated = 0)

~if nothing's been selected, there's nothing we can do
call usrChosen1
doneif (state.isfocus = 0)

~add 1 to the natural maximum of our selected attribute
focus.field[trtNatMax].value += 1

You also need to change some fields in the configuration: Menu 1#: Choose Attribute
Menu 1# Source: All Picks on Hero
Menu 1# Tag Expression: component.Attribute & (AttrCat.Mental | AttrCat.Physical)

A dropdown will appear next to the name on the cyberware listing allowing you to choose the attriibute.

Mathias August 13th, 2011 12:32 PM

Here's how to add an augmentation bonus to a specific skill:

Code:

hero.childfound[skaDodge].field[trtAugment].modify[+,1,""]

Mathias August 13th, 2011 12:32 PM

I've put the dodge specialties on my to-do list, thanks for the report.

Mathias August 13th, 2011 12:34 PM

For the skillwires, I'd suggest looking at the script, and having this apply the same effects, rather than adding a separate piece of cyberware.

DrunkZombie August 13th, 2011 12:59 PM

Cool. Thanks for the help.

DrunkZombie August 13th, 2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 60676)
For the skillwires, I'd suggest looking at the script, and having this apply the same effects, rather than adding a separate piece of cyberware.

I think I found a bug in the skillwire script:

~record 2x rating on the hero's activesoft limit
perform herofield[acActSLim].modify[+,2 * field[grRating].value,""]
~and the rating as the max for any one activesoft
perform herofield[acActSMax].modify[+,2 * field[grRating].value,""]

Notice that the active soft limit is *2 as it should be, but the max for one activesoft is also *2.