Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   HLO Pathfinder 1E date? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65172)

Hykim December 31st, 2020 09:07 AM

I logged in to my account at https://www.lonewolfdevel.com/Account/Manage

I made sure that my Paizo account was linked.

I then went to Store-> Hero Lab Online and from the game filter on the left I selected "Pathfinder 1st Edition" and unchecked everything else.

At that point there was an option to "Migrate Hero Lab Classic Content" or something like that. I forget the exact name (and I can't see it now) but it cost $9.99, which was better than the $20 I expected. Once I bought that about 5 minutes later all of my HLC purchases activated in HLO.

Medriev December 31st, 2020 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hykim (Post 292632)

I then went to Store-> Hero Lab Online and from the game filter on the left I selected "Pathfinder 1st Edition" and unchecked everything else.

At that point there was an option to "Migrate Hero Lab Classic Content" or something like that. I forget the exact name (and I can't see it now) but it cost $9.99, which was better than the $20 I expected. Once I bought that about 5 minutes later all of my HLC purchases activated in HLO.

Thanks. That's really helpful. Unfortunately I'm not seeing that option.

One more question (sorry!) - was your HLC license already linked to your LW account? Mine doesn't seem to be and now the HLC license that came with the 1E content is the one linked. It's not letting me link my previous HLC license so that might be the problem.

mototom December 31st, 2020 09:30 AM

I did not see the migration option until I linked one of my HLC licenses to my account. I needed to verify my license numbers, so I first had them email me my licenses under the HLC options.

Medriev December 31st, 2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mototom (Post 292634)
I did not see the migration option until I linked one of my HLC licenses to my account. I needed to verify my license numbers, so I first had them email me my licenses under the HLC options.

I've tried that and I keep getting error messages that mean it doesn't let me link my HLC licenses.

mototom December 31st, 2020 09:59 AM

If you're not seeing them under your linked licenses and you're definitely using the right license number and the associated email address as the password, then it sounds like a job for support. That's unfortunate—but you can take comfort that once they get it sorted and you do the migration, it looks like everything we've ever bought for HLC is showing up as paid in the character settings.

Good luck!

Medriev December 31st, 2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mototom (Post 292636)
If you're not seeing them under your linked licenses and you're definitely using the right license number and the associated email address as the password, then it sounds like a job for support. That's unfortunate—but you can take comfort that once they get it sorted and you do the migration, it looks like everything we've ever bought for HLC is showing up as paid in the character settings.

Good luck!

Thanks. I am taking comfort from that. I've emailed support so will see what they come back with.

mastratton December 31st, 2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hykim (Post 292632)

Thanks for this! I hadn’t linked my licenses, so when I did, I then got the option to merge all that stuff. And $9.99 IS A STEAL!!!!!

Hykim January 1st, 2021 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastratton (Post 292644)
Thanks for this! I hadn’t linked my licenses, so when I did, I then got the option to merge all that stuff. And $9.99 IS A STEAL!!!!!

Rereading my original post I realized that linking my Paizo account probably didn't have anything to do with it, but linking my HLC license was probably the critical point. Whoops.

AlxNzx January 1st, 2021 04:46 AM

Can someone confirm we can still use HLC after buying the $9.99 migration to HLO?

Hykim January 1st, 2021 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlxNzx (Post 292667)
Can someone confirm we can still use HLC after buying the $9.99 migration to HLO?

Confirmed. I was using HLC to migrate a character over to HLO until I figured out I could just import a HLC portfolio into HLO directly.

AlxNzx January 1st, 2021 04:52 AM

Thanks a lot.

Dragnmoon January 2nd, 2021 09:30 AM

I will say the transfer fee was about half the price I thought it was going to be. I thought is was going to be closer to $20.

willwrk4internet January 14th, 2021 11:11 AM

I must say I am really quite impressed with the implementation of HLO for PF1e. Being able to create a portfolio in Hero Lab Classic and then drag-and-drop it into the campaign theater for HLO is incredibly useful for organizing encounters!
Has anyone tested the extent of community-generated content in HLO? Specifically, if you do the method that I described above (create a portfolio on your computer using HL Classic, and upload to HLO), then how much of the PF1 community pack works?

dballing January 14th, 2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragnmoon (Post 292714)
I will say the transfer fee was about half the price I thought it was going to be. I thought is was going to be closer to $20.

Well, I think there's two different 9.99 fees it looks like. One for Player/Core content, and then another for GM/Encounters.

Might be worth making sure you don't need to do the other, in case the price changes later, or it becomes more difficult down the road. :-)

Maidhc O Casain January 15th, 2021 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dballing (Post 293205)
Well, I think there's two different 9.99 fees it looks like. One for Player/Core content, and then another for GM/Encounters.

Might be worth making sure you don't need to do the other, in case the price changes later, or it becomes more difficult down the road. :-)

The $9.99 transfer fee gives you access in both HLC and HLO to any and all of the official PF1 material you purchased for HLC. And moving forward, any new purchases you make for one platform will also be accessible in the other. Their official word is also that if you have PF1 in HLC, you do not have to purchase PF1 in HLO to make the transfer. Just the $9.99 covers it.

The confusion has been that your HLC and HLO accounts must be linked (through the mechanism in the website) and you must have an active paid account (not the demo account) in HLO to pay for and make the transfer.

In my case, for example, my accounts are already linked, so the HLC transfer shows up for me instead of the option to purchase the HLC game system. But I don't have a paid subscription to HLO right now, so when I attempt to make the transfer I get a message that I must renew my subscription to HLO first.

dballing January 15th, 2021 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 293218)
The $9.99 transfer fee gives you access in both HLC and HLO to any and all of the official PF1 material you purchased for HLC. And moving forward, any new purchases you make for one platform will also be accessible in the other. Their official word is also that if you have PF1 in HLC, you do not have to purchase PF1 in HLO to make the transfer. Just the $9.99 covers it.

The confusion has been that your HLC and HLO accounts must be linked (through the mechanism in the website) and you must have an active paid account (not the demo account) in HLO to pay for and make the transfer.

In my case, for example, my accounts are already linked, so the HLC transfer shows up for me instead of the option to purchase the HLC game system. But I don't have a paid subscription to HLO right now, so when I attempt to make the transfer I get a message that I must renew my subscription to HLO first.

I had two different $9.99 purchases I needed to make to fully enable everything:
  • HLO Migrate Game: Pathfinder 1st Ed Classic
  • Pathfinder RPG Module & AP Content

It was only the combination of both of those that enabled all functionality. It very specifically told me, in HLO, that I needed to purchase the module/AP-content upgrade in order to enable encounter data, etc.

Farling January 15th, 2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dballing (Post 293220)
I had two different $9.99 purchases I needed to make to fully enable everything:

It was only the combination of both of those that enabled all functionality. It very specifically told me, in HLO, that I needed to purchase the module/AP-content upgrade in order to enable encounter data, etc.

Did you already have paid access to HLO before you made any purchases for PF1?

Maidhc O Casain January 15th, 2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dballing (Post 293220)

That's strange. I'm assuming you had access to all of the module content, bestiaries, encounter info etc in HLC already? If so, you might want to put in a support ticket. It should work that everything you'd bought in HLC you now have in HLO.

dballing January 15th, 2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 293234)
Did you already have paid access to HLO before you made any purchases for PF1?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 293240)
That's strange. I'm assuming you had access to all of the module content, bestiaries, encounter info etc in HLC already? If so, you might want to put in a support ticket. It should work that everything you'd bought in HLC you now have in HLO.

Well, what the post said was that for "up to a max of $20", you'd have access to all the HLC data in HLO. And this was <$20 total, so it seemed right anyway, so it looks like that was divided into two pieces maybe, depending on whether you had GM-content or not? Not sure.

I'm honestly not stressing over $9.99. I was expecting to pay $20 per the post, and I did, and it's a bargain at double the price. :-)

Daniel V January 17th, 2021 08:58 PM

Hmm, I am kind of curious myself. I'll see if I can summon Ryan, maybe he can shed some light.

Ryan F January 18th, 2021 07:36 AM

Hello dballing,

I think that I can shed some light on things but this requires going into detail regarding your private Account details and transactions so I'm going to kindly ask that you reach out to us in support <support@wolflair.com> and also CC my own business email address <ryan.furnas@wolflair.com> as well so I can do my best to prioritize the ticket since this sounds like either a simple mistake or perhaps a legitimate bug so we want to be certain that this isn't functionally preventing people from accessing their products after buying the Migration.

Beyond that to help clarify for everyone else, there should be NO requirement whatsoever to purchase the Module and AP Content add-on in order to gain access to materials that you already own. Users who have their Classic License linked to their Lone Wolf Development Account should need only ensure that they have some Standard (or higher) tier Service time active on the Account for Hero Lab Online or purchase an initial 6-month package of said Standard (or higher) tier Service. For those who are enrolling in Hero Lab Online for the first time during the PF1 Migration, the 6-month package costs $9.99 and the Migration product itself also costs $9.99 for a total of just shy of the $20 price we were shooting for but those who already are taking advantage of Hero Lab Online for the other RPG systems will need only link the License and then pick up the PF1 Migration by itself.

NOTE: As some users have almost certainly noticed the usual response time for Support at-large has suffered in recent weeks. This has been due to an incredible influx of support requests that range from general questions, problematic orders where mistakes were made during checkout, all the way through bugs that have been surfaced during the unification of our two sales/store webpages. Please bear with us as we work to clean up the backlog and get back to everyone who has emailed us in the last week and a half, we do sincerely regret the delay and the frustration it has caused but please believe me when I say that we are steaming ahead as best we can to get caught up and resolve everyone's issues and answer their questions.

Thanks!

dballing January 18th, 2021 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan F (Post 293290)
Hello dballing,

I think that I can shed some light on things but this requires going into detail regarding your private Account details and transactions so I'm going to kindly ask that you reach out to us in support <support@wolflair.com> and also CC my own business email address <ryan.furnas@wolflair.com> as well so I can do my best to prioritize the ticket since this sounds like either a simple mistake or perhaps a legitimate bug so we want to be certain that this isn't functionally preventing people from accessing their products after buying the Migration.

Done. Thanks! :-)