Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   HLO Pathfinder 1E date? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65172)

Hykim December 7th, 2020 04:39 AM

HLO Pathfinder 1E date?

So there was that tease on the Black Friday sales page that Pathfinder first edition support was going to be coming in time for the holidays.

Any more details for those of us looking forward to that? Some specific questions that might help tide me over while I wait:
  • What is the release/pre-purchase date? (approximations would be appreciated if you don't have an exact date yet)
  • What content will be initially released? Is it just going to be the basic rules with additions to come later?
  • What type of NPC creation tools will be supported at initial release?
  • Is the plan for content migration from HL Classic to HL Online still the same as listed in the HLO FAQ or has that plan changed at all?
Thanks!

kenderbard December 10th, 2020 09:06 AM

Seconding the need for more information. I told my players I'd be purchasing this as a Christmas gift if it came out in time.

KazMx December 11th, 2020 02:34 PM

+1 I'd also be interested in knowing this

Deathe25 December 14th, 2020 07:12 PM

i am wondering if anyone who own the hero lab classic pf1 content will be transferred or discounted

Parody December 14th, 2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathe25 (Post 292347)
i am wondering if anyone who own the hero lab classic pf1 content will be transferred or discounted

From the FAQ:

I already own Hero Lab Classic. Will I have to repurchase all my content for Hero Lab Online?

Absolutely not! Classic users will have the option to migrate any content we duplicate in Online. Migration will incur a nominal, flat charge, to set up your account with the appropriate content, which we anticipate will be less than $20 dollars. This amount will be the same, regardless of how many add-ons you own. It will also include 6 months of server access ($14.99 value) as a thank you for supporting us in the past.

Frodie December 15th, 2020 05:52 AM

If I migrate over to HLO, can I still use HLC?

Parody December 15th, 2020 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodie (Post 292357)
If I migrate over to HLO, can I still use HLC?

That's the next entry in the FAQ.

Inglorin December 17th, 2020 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parody (Post 292365)
That's the next entry in the FAQ.

Well, the thing is, this FAQ is *really* old. The current "announcement" about the potential release of PF1 may at all be a very different thing. We simply don't know. That's why there are questions. Still unanswered.

Krothos December 17th, 2020 07:45 AM

Hope this announcement includes the option of importing custom data. HLO won't be well received by the PF1 community if it doesn't support the custom data that their users have created or use (i.e. Shadow's Community Pack).

willwrk4internet December 18th, 2020 12:56 PM

I, too, am very excited about this migration. I would really like to know the release date.

Dragnmoon December 18th, 2020 09:18 PM

I will be more excited once HLO can do everything HLC can do. As of now I have no interest in migrating to a inferior product.

Edit: I am still using HLO, but that is because PF2 and Starfinder are only on HLO.

flyteach December 19th, 2020 01:18 PM

And to have Starships and books (AA4, SOM) and APs for Starfinder with the ability to export and import characters between users. PF1 is not creating any new content, but I'm sure it'll take resources to manage and fix bugs diluting the support for games that aren't already supported.

Krothos December 21st, 2020 07:57 AM

Only 4 days to Christmas, and 11 days until the end of the year... and nothing from LW about their "We’ll be bringing PF1 to Hero Lab Online just in time for Holiday gift-giving."

MrWixi December 21st, 2020 09:11 AM

They really are leaving for the last minute gift buyers...

kenderbard December 23rd, 2020 05:45 AM

Disappointing. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see anything until end of January at earliest at this point.

Krothos December 23rd, 2020 06:21 AM

Tomorrow is last day for "holiday gift-giving". Can't say I'm not surprised by this... :(

With the current environment forcing us role-players to play our gaming using virtual table tops, and those VTT apps have built-in auto generating characters sheets, you'd think LW would be more aggressive in their with their releases so they can continue into the new year strong!

Shadowfoot December 23rd, 2020 03:53 PM

Looks like PF1 might be available 26 Dec.
https://www.wolflair.com/pf1-is-comi...ro-lab-online/

Hykim December 24th, 2020 03:02 AM

Very good to hear, now the big question is how accurate is the FAQ, which was created a long time ago and I don't think it's been updated...

Is there going to be a simple $20 fee to migrate all HLC PF1 content to HLO PF1 content? If not, what, if anything, is the plan for HLC content migration to HLO?

Are secondary Hero Lab Classic licenses going to allow multiple device access in HLO, since AFAIK there is no way to access HLO on multiple devices simultaneously at the moment?

flyteach December 24th, 2020 05:09 AM

Taking down HLO on a weekend, during the day, primetime for many around the world, is freaking awesome! I know there's no perfect time, but smack dab during play time on a weekend has to be one of the worst times.
Flyteach (still waiting for Starships, SOM, AA4, many APs, share character to other user, encounter builder, and other basic functionality)

Thorkull December 24th, 2020 09:41 AM

My only question is, what happens to user-created content and community content with HLO? I'm currently in a PF1 game that uses Gestalt characters, I suspect I'm going to be stuck with HLC for the foreseeable future.

asvaldson December 24th, 2020 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorkull (Post 292492)
My only question is, what happens to user-created content and community content with HLO? I'm currently in a PF1 game that uses Gestalt characters, I suspect I'm going to be stuck with HLC for the foreseeable future.

Probably. I'm going to be needing to replace any characters that use psionics if I want to use HLO.

Maidhc O Casain December 25th, 2020 11:35 AM

So how 'bout a little positivity? Many PF1 users have been clamoring for release on HLO for... well, since HLO was released into the wild. Now it's here, and rather than a chorus of "Hurrahs!" it's still more negativity.

SO... I say "HURRAH!" PF1 is coming to HLO! Thank you, LoneWolf, for bringing this long awaited functionality. I, too, hope that you'll find a way to make custom content a reality, that you will stick to your originally stated "one time fee of about $20 to migrate everything you own," etc. But THANK YOU for taking this step!

I even thank you for doing it on a Saturday, so that you can roll it out as soon as possible after Christmas, and I don't blame you a bit for giving yourselves and your employees Christmas day off! In fact, I applaud you for it. I hope everyone who owns and works for LWD has the best Christmas imaginable.

For those who are afraid HLO won't be able to meet all of your PF1 gaming needs, it's a wonderful certainty that HLC is still available, in all of its glory and with all of the functionality you've grown to know and love :D.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Ualaa December 25th, 2020 10:10 PM

Very much looking forward to PF1e on Hero Lab Online.

Our group would want 3pp (Community Package & Spheres related) in an ideal world.
Definitely will migrate the characters over.

Hopefully revenue streams (from Pathfinder) users help Lone Wolf.
You guys have made some seriously awesome gaming tools (HL & RW).
Thank you.

flyteach December 26th, 2020 04:47 AM

The positivity would have to come from those who are going to play PF1. As a Starfinder player, I find the lack of support for the last 8 months rather discouraging.

Maidhc O Casain December 26th, 2020 05:07 AM

Thanks,Ualaa!

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyteach (Post 292511)
The positivity would have to come from those who are going to play PF1. As a Starfinder player, I find the lack of support for the last 8 months rather discouraging.

Then by all means, post that in the Starfinder threads. I totally get the frustration with lack of support and updates for your favored game - been experiencing that myself :(.

But this thread is for PF1, and some of us who've been waiting forever for this news want to celebrate without having our joy stolen :). For a while, at least...

flyteach December 26th, 2020 07:14 AM

I have, but since the lack of content is apparently at the expense of rolling out PF1, it seems fitting here also. If all you want is a chorus of yes people, then have at it. Some of us want the tool to improve, not just reinvent the past.

kenderbard December 26th, 2020 03:04 PM

Appears it's been delayed for a few days (no specific date given) due to a significant "shortcoming" (bug?)

Krothos December 26th, 2020 04:20 PM

Where did you see this information? I've been anxiously watching LW's FB and Twitter pages all day... don't see anything mentioned....

kenderbard December 26th, 2020 04:26 PM

I signed into HLO (I have an account from back when you could beta test) and looked at the announcements there. I'm surprised; I also checked their twitter first.

Hykim December 27th, 2020 03:00 AM

The announcement from inside HLO:
Quote:

As we moved past Christmas Day and geared up to launch Pathfinder 1st Edition support with fresher eyes, our test run uncovered a significant shortcoming that we're opting to correct before release. We had hoped this would be something we could patch after the fact, but we feel this issue has the potential to affect a large portion of our users. Unfortunately, this will force us to delay the launch by just a few days so that everyone can have the best experience possible on launch day.

While there will undoubtedly be bugs with a game system as vast and complex as Pathfinder 1st Edition, we are doing our best to minimize them where possible and want to thank you for your patience and understanding.

-May the dice be with you!

Tridus December 27th, 2020 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hykim (Post 292484)
Very good to hear, now the big question is how accurate is the FAQ, which was created a long time ago and I don't think it's been updated...

Is there going to be a simple $20 fee to migrate all HLC PF1 content to HLO PF1 content? If not, what, if anything, is the plan for HLC content migration to HLO?

This is my question as well. Having all my HLC stuff in HLO and thus being able to use it on my phone is a pretty interesting use case to me, especially if I can get my .por files in as well.

Quote:

Are secondary Hero Lab Classic licenses going to allow multiple device access in HLO, since AFAIK there is no way to access HLO on multiple devices simultaneously at the moment?
Since HLC's multiple device licenses are not meant for simultaneous use either (they're meant for you to be able to have it on multiple devices, like a desktop and a laptop), that seems somewhat unlikely. But I live in hope.

Kizan December 28th, 2020 04:44 AM

Can't wait for HLO PF1! We have waited a long time for this option. Very excited.

AlxNzx December 29th, 2020 11:39 AM

Just an approximate ETA would be nice. Think it will be 3-7 days? 15-30 days? 100?
Got my hopes up for xmas and now feeling a bit of a disappointment (I know you are doing your best).

charlieluce December 29th, 2020 02:55 PM

I have found the best place to look for clues is on HLO itself. The latest is [Planned server downtime scheduled for Tomorrow at 10:00 AM (Dec 30th, in 18 hours 9 minutes). Expected duration of downtime is 1 hour.]

Doesn't say it's the second attempt to roll out PF1 on HLO, but it doesn't say that it isn't. ;)

Medriev December 30th, 2020 10:44 AM

Today's update does seem to be the PF 1E release but (not surprisingly IMO) is taking longer than planned.

Very excited to see this but happy that LW are taking the time to make sure everything works.

Medriev December 30th, 2020 08:34 PM

So the 1E update seems to be live but I'm getting no access to additional content I have associated with my HLC license (basically all of it). Is that to be added or am I missing a trick here?

I thought LW's position was that HLC customers would not have to pay again for 1E content they have already bought?

EDIT: I've now tried associating my existing HLC license number with my LW account and am getting the error message: "The identified account is already hooked up to a different license for the same product." Please could someone from LW advise on this asap as I have been looking forward to the 1E update for a long time and am now pretty annoyed that I seem to have lost access to my previously purchased packages.

Dragnmoon December 30th, 2020 09:14 PM

They said there would be a one time transfer fee, but that was month's ago and not given any updates since.

Also I am almost certain they have not added everything from PF1 into HLO yet, that will take time.

That said if you used custom content a lot for PF1 in HLC that is still a much better platform for that. If you never used Custom Content HLO is easier to use and prettier.

Medriev December 30th, 2020 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragnmoon (Post 292610)
They said there would be a one time transfer fee, but that was month's ago and not given any updates since.

Also I am almost certain they have not added everything from PF1 into HLO yet, that will take time.

Yep. I may have wrongly assumed the purchase price included previous HLC packages for those that have them but a separate process to transfer the license content over would make more sense.

I also had (perhaps wrongly) assumed they were adding a lot of PF1 content, particularly as the release notes refer to thousands of monsters ready to add to the vault. Hopefully more information will emerge once the new working day starts in the US.

Bionicman05 December 31st, 2020 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragnmoon (Post 292610)

I own just about everything in HLC save for the adventure paths and modules that I'm not running and it looks like it's all there in the HLO list of content and when I'm making characters the options are pretty much all there too. If they've missed anything it looks like it's small stuff, especially with the release note on the Vault and having thousands of entries ready to add once a performance issue gets resolved.

Medriev December 31st, 2020 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bionicman05 (Post 292618)
I own just about everything in HLC save for the adventure paths and modules that I'm not running and it looks like it's all there in the HLO list of content and when I'm making characters the options are pretty much all there too. If they've missed anything it looks like it's small stuff, especially with the release note on the Vault and having thousands of entries ready to add once a performance issue gets resolved.

Did you have to do anything to access that? I seem to have most books as options but they all say further purchase is required.

I also have almost everything in HLC so a bit disappointed (to say the least) that I don't have access.

Grateful for any info. Thanks