Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HLO - Pathfinder 1st Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   HLO Pathfinder 1E date? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=65172)

AlxNzx January 1st, 2021 04:52 AM

Thanks a lot.

Dragnmoon January 2nd, 2021 09:30 AM

I will say the transfer fee was about half the price I thought it was going to be. I thought is was going to be closer to $20.

willwrk4internet January 14th, 2021 11:11 AM

I must say I am really quite impressed with the implementation of HLO for PF1e. Being able to create a portfolio in Hero Lab Classic and then drag-and-drop it into the campaign theater for HLO is incredibly useful for organizing encounters!
Has anyone tested the extent of community-generated content in HLO? Specifically, if you do the method that I described above (create a portfolio on your computer using HL Classic, and upload to HLO), then how much of the PF1 community pack works?

dballing January 14th, 2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragnmoon (Post 292714)
I will say the transfer fee was about half the price I thought it was going to be. I thought is was going to be closer to $20.

Well, I think there's two different 9.99 fees it looks like. One for Player/Core content, and then another for GM/Encounters.

Might be worth making sure you don't need to do the other, in case the price changes later, or it becomes more difficult down the road. :-)

Maidhc O Casain January 15th, 2021 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dballing (Post 293205)
Well, I think there's two different 9.99 fees it looks like. One for Player/Core content, and then another for GM/Encounters.

Might be worth making sure you don't need to do the other, in case the price changes later, or it becomes more difficult down the road. :-)

The $9.99 transfer fee gives you access in both HLC and HLO to any and all of the official PF1 material you purchased for HLC. And moving forward, any new purchases you make for one platform will also be accessible in the other. Their official word is also that if you have PF1 in HLC, you do not have to purchase PF1 in HLO to make the transfer. Just the $9.99 covers it.

The confusion has been that your HLC and HLO accounts must be linked (through the mechanism in the website) and you must have an active paid account (not the demo account) in HLO to pay for and make the transfer.

In my case, for example, my accounts are already linked, so the HLC transfer shows up for me instead of the option to purchase the HLC game system. But I don't have a paid subscription to HLO right now, so when I attempt to make the transfer I get a message that I must renew my subscription to HLO first.

dballing January 15th, 2021 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 293218)
The $9.99 transfer fee gives you access in both HLC and HLO to any and all of the official PF1 material you purchased for HLC. And moving forward, any new purchases you make for one platform will also be accessible in the other. Their official word is also that if you have PF1 in HLC, you do not have to purchase PF1 in HLO to make the transfer. Just the $9.99 covers it.

The confusion has been that your HLC and HLO accounts must be linked (through the mechanism in the website) and you must have an active paid account (not the demo account) in HLO to pay for and make the transfer.

In my case, for example, my accounts are already linked, so the HLC transfer shows up for me instead of the option to purchase the HLC game system. But I don't have a paid subscription to HLO right now, so when I attempt to make the transfer I get a message that I must renew my subscription to HLO first.

I had two different $9.99 purchases I needed to make to fully enable everything:
  • HLO Migrate Game: Pathfinder 1st Ed Classic
  • Pathfinder RPG Module & AP Content

It was only the combination of both of those that enabled all functionality. It very specifically told me, in HLO, that I needed to purchase the module/AP-content upgrade in order to enable encounter data, etc.

Farling January 15th, 2021 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dballing (Post 293220)
I had two different $9.99 purchases I needed to make to fully enable everything:

It was only the combination of both of those that enabled all functionality. It very specifically told me, in HLO, that I needed to purchase the module/AP-content upgrade in order to enable encounter data, etc.

Did you already have paid access to HLO before you made any purchases for PF1?

Maidhc O Casain January 15th, 2021 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dballing (Post 293220)

That's strange. I'm assuming you had access to all of the module content, bestiaries, encounter info etc in HLC already? If so, you might want to put in a support ticket. It should work that everything you'd bought in HLC you now have in HLO.

dballing January 15th, 2021 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 293234)
Did you already have paid access to HLO before you made any purchases for PF1?

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 293240)
That's strange. I'm assuming you had access to all of the module content, bestiaries, encounter info etc in HLC already? If so, you might want to put in a support ticket. It should work that everything you'd bought in HLC you now have in HLO.

Well, what the post said was that for "up to a max of $20", you'd have access to all the HLC data in HLO. And this was <$20 total, so it seemed right anyway, so it looks like that was divided into two pieces maybe, depending on whether you had GM-content or not? Not sure.

I'm honestly not stressing over $9.99. I was expecting to pay $20 per the post, and I did, and it's a bargain at double the price. :-)

Daniel V January 17th, 2021 08:58 PM

Hmm, I am kind of curious myself. I'll see if I can summon Ryan, maybe he can shed some light.