Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed. (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Vampire Counts New Army Book Update (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=15840)

sithdevil January 16th, 2012 06:48 PM

Vampire Counts New Army Book Update

Hi All,

I was wondering if there was any word as to when a data file update was coming out for the new Vampire Counts Army Book that was released the other day.

Really keen to start developing my army lists :D

Thanks and keep up the awesome work ;)

UltraPrime January 17th, 2012 10:07 PM

At least one month after it was released. But as I haven't bought it yet, and may not for a while (post xmas finances suck), don't expect it any time soon....

(someone could buy it for me :P)

postal January 17th, 2012 11:49 PM

Who actually is the owner/works for Lone Wolf or is responsible for creating the updates.?

postal January 17th, 2012 11:51 PM

Who is responsible for creating the updates that we all pay for?

UltraPrime January 18th, 2012 01:37 PM

All updates are done by volunteers who have nothing to do with Lone Wolf. I usually handle the updates for Fantasy.

Mr_Rose January 18th, 2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by postal (Post 69814)
Who is responsible for creating the updates that we all pay for?

You pay for the data updates?
Huh. I think someone's taking you for a ride; I get mine free off the servers at Lone Wolf.

ChaosLord January 18th, 2012 04:52 PM

postal, to clear things up for you, you pay for army builder which is a genaric army building program. Army Builder themselves can't put Games Workshops rules in because they make a profit of the program so GW could sue them. Instead volunteers do the work and upload it.Your subscription to army builder pays for the ability to download those rules updates right from the Army Builder program as well as updates to how the program works. There are no paid employees doing the datafiles so you will have to be patient, or try doing it yourself.

ChaosLord January 18th, 2012 04:55 PM

UltraPrime, sorry to hear that you won't be able to work on it yet that does bum me out quite a bit. I might just have to take a crack at it myself. Any pointers for a noob?

sithdevil January 18th, 2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaosLord (Post 69888)
UltraPrime, sorry to hear that you won't be able to work on it yet that does bum me out quite a bit. I might just have to take a crack at it myself. Any pointers for a noob?

Yeh I must admit I was bummed out by the response, didn't realise that Lone Wolf didn't do the updates when I bought it.

Had a crack at updating myself last night, lets just say UltraPrime I greatly appreciate the updates you do, wish I was smart enough to do it so I could help out :D

Yobtar January 19th, 2012 09:59 AM

Lots of people contributed initially but it is all UltraPrime who keeps it all in order and does all the bug fixes and updates. Kudos to him and his diligence for keeping them updated. Please remember this is all volunteer work and that new army books cannot be updated for at least a month after release due to GW and their legal sharks.