Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Warhammer 40,000 (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   40K 8th Edition (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58638)

DragonCrafter June 21st, 2017 09:14 PM

40K 8th Edition

Does anyone have plans to create data files for 8th edition?

Tekwych June 22nd, 2017 06:19 AM

I would hope the AB40K team will be doing it but there has been no comment at their site so far.

vadersson June 22nd, 2017 05:53 PM

Yeah, seems like people are not supporting AB much any more. No Star Wars Armada or X-wing data files in quit some time. I think there are too many good apps and websites out there now. I still like this format, but I know it can be hard to update.

sothron June 24th, 2017 11:56 AM

Well the guy running that great free app had to take down his site thanks to GW legal team so AB is pretty much it for now. Battlescribe is ok but AB is better imo.

DarthFluffy July 2nd, 2017 06:42 AM

any one know if the AB40K plan to do 8th edition, as they are not letting me post on their forums about it

Samurai July 13th, 2017 05:56 PM

I know they have a policy of waiting a full 30 days after a rules release before releasing any AB updates

stephen.esven July 19th, 2017 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vadersson (Post 251791)
Yeah, seems like people are not supporting AB much any more. No Star Wars Armada or X-wing data files in quit some time. I think there are too many good apps and websites out there now. I still like this format, but I know it can be hard to update.

I am trying to cover some of your needs. I have started my own 40k 8th edition file set, and it is slowly taking form. I have no intention of taking ower from the existing 40k AB file team, but I will be happy to share and collaborate with anybody that wants to do so.

However I am currently spending my limited time getting back on track with my own x-wing file set. Again I am not the official maintainer of the official file set. But I do have my own update site you can add to AB, and you should hopefully see an updated file set within a few weeks

Samurai August 18th, 2017 02:58 PM

8th ed data files

I just checked on the AB maintainers website. basically there is no one left there to write the 8th edition files, however they are looking for a team of volunteers to collaborate and get them done. if we could all send our efforts into one place, perhaps we can get these written soon.

Warmonger August 21st, 2017 03:09 PM

I have taken over as the lead maintainer on the AB maintainers site. I originally worked on the files in 3rd and 4th editions, and have been back in the hobby for a short while now. Progress will be slow, but there is at least a slight amount of progress now.

Russ Brown September 1st, 2017 11:32 AM

8th edition Data files

I have started working on my own version of 40K 8th edition files. So far I have detachments up and running an have input a handful of units from the new space marine codex. I have options for both battle forged and unrestricted army lists.

That is not much, but it seems to be working well so far. :)