Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Zan Thrax September 16th, 2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Is the "Cleric trading Domains Bon Feat" variant class how I'm supposed to trade domains to get domain devotion feats? Because it seems that it only opens up Acrobatic and Agile as feats to take in place of the domains
There are two options for this variant class. One of them adds Acrobatic and Agile. The other adds metamagic feats. Unfortunately, I'm not familiar enough with this variant option to know if that's correct. If its not correct, can you please explain exactly how in the community bug thread?
Basically, you remove a domain from the character and get the matching domain devotion feat for free.

Quote:

In addition, you can choose to give up access to a domain in exchange for the corresponding domain feat. Doing so allows you to select up to three domain feats, but you cannot prepare domain spells or use the granted power of the sacrificed domain. In essence, you trade in a domain for an extra feat slot that you can spend only on a specific domain feat.
For example, the above cleric of Pelor could choose to give up the granted power and spells of the Good domain for the Good Devotion feat.
Code:

Domain      Devotion Feat
Removed      Gained

Air          Air
Animal      Animal
Celerity    Travel
Chaos        Chaos
Cold        Water
Community    Protection
Competition  War
Creation    Healing
Death        Death
Destruction  Destruction
Domination  Magic
Dream        Trickery
Earth        Earth
Evil        Evil
Fire        Fire
Force        Earth
Good        Good
Glory        Sun
Healing      Healing
Inquisition  Knowledge
Knowledge    Knowledge
Law          Law
Liberation  Good
Luck        Luck
Madness      Chaos
Magic        Magic
Mind        Knowledge
Mysticism    Magic
Oracle      Luck
Pact        Law
Pestilence  Destruction
Plant        Plant
Protection  Protection
Purification Healing
Strength    Strength
Summoner    Animal
Sun          Sun
Travel      Travel
Trickery    Trickery
War          War
Water        Water
Weather      Air

GLBIV September 16th, 2012 09:54 PM

The Extra HD class is brilliantly helpful, but I've noticed it doesn't calculate CR as it should for various creature types.

I imagine most of the work would have to be done to the actual creature types in the MM - Creature Types Compiled.user file -- then nodded to in the Extra HD file -- but what would the eval code be for fractionally increasing CR instead of one-to-one?

Sendric September 17th, 2012 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLBIV (Post 93458)
The Extra HD class is brilliantly helpful, but I've noticed it doesn't calculate CR as it should for various creature types.

I imagine most of the work would have to be done to the actual creature types in the MM - Creature Types Compiled.user file -- then nodded to in the Extra HD file -- but what would the eval code be for fractionally increasing CR instead of one-to-one?

It would probably be easier to create a script in the Extra HD "class". Can you give me an example of what you're trying to do, particularly in regards to the fractional increase?

Sendric September 17th, 2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan Thrax (Post 93433)
Basically, you remove a domain from the character and get the matching domain devotion feat for free.

OK. I think I see what's happening here. I'm not entirely sure that the implementation was completed or what happened. I'll take a look and see if I can come up with a cleaner solution.

GLBIV September 17th, 2012 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 93479)
It would probably be easier to create a script in the Extra HD "class". Can you give me an example of what you're trying to do, particularly in regards to the fractional increase?

For example, the rules for improving monsters say the CRs for abberations, constructs, elementals, fey, giants, humanoids, oozes, plants, undead and vermin are to increase by one for every four HD added to the creature.

CRs for animals, magical beasts and monstrous humanoids increase by one every three HD, and for dragons, outsiders and non-associated class levels it is one CR increase for every two HD, or levels.

Sendric September 17th, 2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLBIV (Post 93489)
For example, the rules for improving monsters say the CRs for abberations, constructs, elementals, fey, giants, humanoids, oozes, plants, undead and vermin are to increase by one for every four HD added to the creature.

CRs for animals, magical beasts and monstrous humanoids increase by one every three HD, and for dragons, outsiders and non-associated class levels it is one CR increase for every two HD, or levels.

Ahhh...gotcha. The way I would implement that (and I'll take a look at doing so) is to use if statements to determine the character's type. Then based on that, set a variable that determines the CR increase, then increase the CR by that variable. So, for example (not code, just concept):

Code:

if (character type = animal, magical beast or monstrous humanoid) then
 crbonus = ExtraHD/3 rounded down
endif

CR += crbonus

I think I would ignore non-associated class levels for this because Extra HD adds only racial HD.

GLBIV September 17th, 2012 08:06 AM

Sounds good. I'm a journalist, not a programmer, but I'll start trying to figure out the code for it.

Sendric September 17th, 2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLBIV (Post 93500)
Sounds good. I'm a journalist, not a programmer, but I'll start trying to figure out the code for it.

I'm not a programmer either. After further review, I think you may be right in that it will be easier/better to adjust the CR from the race type rather than with the ExtraHD class. I tried my above method, and I don't think there's a good way to make it work. That said, it appears that adding ExtraHD adds one to the CR for every "level". I don't see where that's taking place just yet.

GLBIV September 17th, 2012 09:43 AM

I thought it may be that the race types needed to be tweaked, since the BAB and saves are already called from them.

I wonder if a script setting CR as HD/4 on the plant type, for example, would do the trick?

Sendric September 17th, 2012 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GLBIV (Post 93507)
I thought it may be that the race types needed to be tweaked, since the BAB and saves are already called from them.

I wonder if a script setting CR as HD/4 on the plant type, for example, would do the trick?

I think it takes more than that, because like I said earlier, every time you add "Extra HD" it adds 1 to the CR regardless of type. So you have to account for that. Here's a possible solution (done for Aberration):

Code:

~ Add appropriate CR
  var crbonus as number
  crbonus = hero.childfound[cHelpEHD].field[cTotalLev].value
  crbonus = round(crbonus/4,0,-1)
  crbonus = crbonus - hero.childfound[cHelpEHD].field[cTotalLev].value
  herofield[tCR].value += crbonus

The number in red is the one to change for each type. Otherwise, you should just be able to copy and paste through each of the types in the "MM -Creature types Compiled.user". I added this script to the bottom of the third eval script. I'm going to go through and make the changes for all types then post the file here for you to download. You can then take it and let me know what you think.

Zan Thrax September 17th, 2012 10:49 AM

Evil Glare is included as Cleric 7; it's supposed to be Cleric 4

GLBIV September 17th, 2012 11:25 AM

Great, I'll give that a shot this evening.

Thanks,

GLBIV September 17th, 2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 93509)
I'm going to go through and make the changes for all types then post the file here for you to download. You can then take it and let me know what you think.

Great, I'll give that a shot this evening.

Thanks,

GLBIV September 17th, 2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

...I added this script to the bottom of the third eval script. I'm going to go through and make the changes for all types then post the file here for you to download. You can then take it and let me know what you think.
It appears this did the trick! Well played.

Sendric September 18th, 2012 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zan Thrax (Post 93511)
Evil Glare is included as Cleric 7; it's supposed to be Cleric 4

I assume this is a spell. I have noticed some issues with spells across multiple classes. I plan to take a look at these for the next release. Thanks.

GLBIV October 12th, 2012 05:10 AM

This has probably already been addressed, but in Spell Comp Domains.usr, the Undeath Domain needs the fExtraTurn bootstrap added.

Sendric October 12th, 2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLBIV (Post 95772)
This has probably already been addressed, but in Spell Comp Domains.usr, the Undeath Domain needs the fExtraTurn bootstrap added.

Ok. Done. Thanks for giving me an easy one. :)

trollbill October 21st, 2012 03:03 PM

I don't know if these are bugs or I am just doing something wrong, but I recently downloaded the 3.5 data set from cheeseweazel and I am have the following problems:

I have a Lvl1 Spellthief/Lvl 4 Wizard (Conjurer) I am trying to enter into Hero Lab. I have turned on all of the non-region specific books including Unearthed Arcana.

1) My Conjurer has the Immediate Magic class variant feature from the PHB2 which swaps out the ability to get a familar with an Immediate Magic ability dependant upon your subclass. This does not appear as a class variant option under Varaints and I don't see how to turn it on.

2) She has the Wizard class variant from Unearthed Arcana (Pg 59) that gives her bonus fighter feats instead of bonus Wizard feats (including swapping out Scribe Scroll for a fighter feat). This variant does not appear on the class variant list and I can't seem to turn it on. Though oddly I see the Wizard Class variant that lets you take an animal companion instead of a familiar from the same source.

3) She has the 2nd level spell Heart of Air from the Complete Mage in her spellbook, but this does not come up as an option when I go to add spells to her spellbook in Hero Lab.

Does anyone know anything about these issues?

Sendric October 22nd, 2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trollbill (Post 96622)
I don't know if these are bugs or I am just doing something wrong, but I recently downloaded the 3.5 data set from cheeseweazel and I am have the following problems:

I have a Lvl1 Spellthief/Lvl 4 Wizard (Conjurer) I am trying to enter into Hero Lab. I have turned on all of the non-region specific books including Unearthed Arcana.

1) My Conjurer has the Immediate Magic class variant feature from the PHB2 which swaps out the ability to get a familar with an Immediate Magic ability dependant upon your subclass. This does not appear as a class variant option under Varaints and I don't see how to turn it on.

2) She has the Wizard class variant from Unearthed Arcana (Pg 59) that gives her bonus fighter feats instead of bonus Wizard feats (including swapping out Scribe Scroll for a fighter feat). This variant does not appear on the class variant list and I can't seem to turn it on. Though oddly I see the Wizard Class variant that lets you take an animal companion instead of a familiar from the same source.

3) She has the 2nd level spell Heart of Air from the Complete Mage in her spellbook, but this does not come up as an option when I go to add spells to her spellbook in Hero Lab.

Does anyone know anything about these issues?

I can't say for certain, but my guess is these things may not have been done yet. There has been a lot of work done for the community data set, but as you can imagine, there's a ton of material to draw from so not everything is there yet. I won't be able to take a look at this until late this week or early next. I'll do so as soon as I can.

Update: Ok, took a look. These items have not been implemented. It appears none of the PHB2 variant options have been done. Unearthed Arcana was not fully implemented by LW, and some stuff was added by the community, however, this one appears to have fallen through the cracks. As for spells from Complete Mage, only spells A-B have been done.

One of the things I'm going to be doing soon is going through several sourcebooks and checking to see what is done and what is missing. I'll add these items as requested additions, but I'm still looking for contributors so it might be a while before we see any major additions.

ted11 November 20th, 2012 07:46 PM

Hello all, new to HL and this forum--these 3.5 files are great, must have taken a lot of work.

One question on Force of Personality Feat - "You add your Charisma modifier (instead of your Wisdom modifier) to Will saves against mind-affecting spells and abilities."

I see the author comments in the editor say "Add a script that calculates this bonus. (situational, ignored) Chk, does this apply all the time or is it a choice? As in, if Cha is lowered below the Wis, do you take a penalty or is the higher bonus applied? (ignored)"

Personally I'd say it applies all the time, not a turn on/off ability thing, but s a trained state of mind even in the very rare ocassion it might go negative (and that probably makes for easier coding).

I'm not a programmer, just fiddled a bit with some of these with some success--anyone know how you could code this to use Cha vice Wis for the Will save?

Aaron November 20th, 2012 08:01 PM

Well, the feat only applies vs mind affecting spells and abilities, I don't know you should fiddle with the base Will save.

If you want to anyway, I'd say make it an activation, and give it this code, around Post-Attr 10000:

doneif (field[hIsOn1].value = 0)

hero.child[vWill].field[Bonus].value -= hero.child[aWIS].field[aModBonus].value
hero.child[vWill].field[Bonus].value += hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value

As always, no assurances on the code, make sure you test and refine if necessary.

Sendric November 21st, 2012 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 109168)
Well, the feat only applies vs mind affecting spells and abilities, I don't know you should fiddle with the base Will save.

If you want to anyway, I'd say make it an activation, and give it this code, around Post-Attr 10000:

doneif (field[hIsOn1].value = 0)

hero.child[vWill].field[Bonus].value -= hero.child[aWIS].field[aModBonus].value
hero.child[vWill].field[Bonus].value += hero.child[aCHA].field[aModBonus].value

As always, no assurances on the code, make sure you test and refine if necessary.

No need to refine. Works as is.

Two things. First, to make it an activation, select "Show in Charges List?" and put something in "Charge Effect 1" such as "active" or anything that will let you know what's going on there.

The second is more important. I recommend creating your own .user file (call it anything you want, but I would avoid following the naming convention of the community set for personal files), then use the New (Copy) option to make a copy of the Force of Personality feat. In the Replaces Thing Id box, put the id of the original feat (fForcePers). The reason I suggest this is that if you change the feat in the community file (in this case CAdv - Feats), it will be overwritten with each update and you'll have to do this again. If you create your own file, you won't have to worry about it.

ted11 December 1st, 2012 07:53 PM

Belated reply, but thanks for this, works perfectly. After several permutations the best I could fit in the short charge description was "Only on mind-affect Will saves"

But certainly for NPCs, most Will saves they make will be from mind-affecting spells and abilities, so good to keep on and have the program do the math, while still able to toggle off for other stuff.

Raku December 19th, 2012 10:29 AM

Master Thrower's weapon focus pre-req weapon focus (any throwing) is always red for me, even after selecting something like, dart, throwing axe, javelin.

beber75 January 20th, 2013 04:09 AM

Hi everyone ,

sorry bothering with that, but is there a simple way to get rid of the reflex +2 bug ?

For example, I've created a first level half-orc barbarian and it starts with Fortitude save +2, reflex save +2 and will save +0

Thanks

mirtos January 20th, 2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beber75 (Post 122434)
Hi everyone ,

sorry bothering with that, but is there a simple way to get rid of the reflex +2 bug ?

For example, I've created a first level half-orc barbarian and it starts with Fortitude save +2, reflex save +2 and will save +0

Thanks

um, what reflex bug? I dont see it. when i create a 1st level barbarian, i get +2/+0/+0

What version you running?

EDIT: my bad, i didnt notice the half-orc part. Serves me right to respond to a post when tired. Sorry. Ill shut up now.

Sendric January 21st, 2013 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beber75 (Post 122434)
Hi everyone ,

Thanks

This is actually a problem with the race types incorrectly adding to the saving throws. I had fixed this at one point, but it appears to have creeped back in. I'll figure out the fix then post here what you need to do. Alternatively, you can always use an adjustment to reduce the reflex saving throw by 2.

EDIT:
In the file "MM - Creature types Compiled.user", go into the second eval script for Type - Humanoid, and change the following code:

Code:

~ Also do nothing if we don't have racial hit dice
  doneif (herofield[tHitDice].value - herofield[tLevel].value = 0)

to

Code:

doneif (tagcount[Classes.Race] = 0)

I'll make this change for the next release.

beber75 January 21st, 2013 05:47 AM

Hi Sendric,

Thank for the tip. Did you have maybe the line number of the entry to change as there is several entries with

Code:

inside the script?

Thanks

Regards.

Sendric January 21st, 2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beber75 (Post 122890)
Hi Sendric,

Thank for the tip. Did you have maybe the line number of the entry to change as there is several entries with

Code:

inside the script?

Thanks

Regards.

The eval script for Type-Humanoid only has this line appear once. This file, however, has it appear many times (it exists for each creature type). Are you looking at it from the HL editor or from a text editor?

If text editor, try line 2061.

beber75 January 21st, 2013 12:01 PM

Hi Sendric,

I finally managed to edit it through Hero Lab and it works great.

You're amazing :D

Regards

ynnswa February 26th, 2013 03:50 AM

I've run into an error attempting to create a ninja. The text of it is below:

"Attempt to access non-live child pick 'xSudStrike' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'cNinSudStr' (Eval Script '#1') near line 11"

I went into editor and looked around...I found the cNinSudStr class special that is bootstrapped to the special xSudStrike, and I understand that it's used to total all the "Sudden Strike" bonuses you get from any source in order to test pre-reqs for other feats and such, but I can't see what the problem might be.

There is a programmers note on the class special that says "Why commented out? Need to check Dread Commando as well about this, since copied from there."

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sendric February 26th, 2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynnswa (Post 135946)
I've run into an error attempting to create a ninja. The text of it is below:

"Attempt to access non-live child pick 'xSudStrike' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'cNinSudStr' (Eval Script '#1') near line 11"

I went into editor and looked around...I found the cNinSudStr class special that is bootstrapped to the special xSudStrike, and I understand that it's used to total all the "Sudden Strike" bonuses you get from any source in order to test pre-reqs for other feats and such, but I can't see what the problem might be.

There is a programmers note on the class special that says "Why commented out? Need to check Dread Commando as well about this, since copied from there."

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I'm not able to duplicate the issue. Can you tell me more about the character? Do you have any other classes?

Also, do you have the most recent version of the community set (1.8)? Did you make any changes to it at any point?

ynnswa February 26th, 2013 05:48 PM

I checked our laptop, which also has Hero Lab, and could create the ninja there without issue. Sorry that I didn't think to do that before I posted the question.

I couldn't see any files that were different between the two machines, but after an uninstall/re-install on the desktop, the problem is gone.

Thank you for the quick response.

Sendric February 27th, 2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynnswa (Post 136401)
I checked our laptop, which also has Hero Lab, and could create the ninja there without issue. Sorry that I didn't think to do that before I posted the question.

I couldn't see any files that were different between the two machines, but after an uninstall/re-install on the desktop, the problem is gone.

Thank you for the quick response.

No problem. Glad its resolved. :)

Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer March 22nd, 2013 06:28 AM

2nd level Wizard spell: Sting Ray

I noticed an apparent error in the 2nd level Wizard spell: Sting Ray.

I don't have access to the source material so I'm unaware if there is something in the book write-up that didn't carry over to the description in the software.

In Hero Lab, the description has an example which says the final DC should be 19. However, that is based on the spell's DC being 16 but the spell's DC should really be 15 (10 + bonus of 3 for the example stat of 16 + 2 for the level of the spell). So the Hero Lab write-up should say the final DC in the example is 18.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer :)

Sendric March 22nd, 2013 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nigel Fogg The Wayfarer (Post 151317)
I noticed an apparent error in the 2nd level Wizard spell: Sting Ray.

I don't have access to the source material so I'm unaware if there is something in the book write-up that didn't carry over to the description in the software.

In Hero Lab, the description has an example which says the final DC should be 19. However, that is based on the spell's DC being 16 but the spell's DC should really be 15 (10 + bonus of 3 for the example stat of 16 + 2 for the level of the spell). So the Hero Lab write-up should say the final DC in the example is 18.

Nigel Fogg, aka The Wayfarer :)

The description in HL matches the source (Spell Compendium), so its a mistake by WotC. That said, its easy enough to fix on my end so I'll make the change.

Sendric June 1st, 2013 09:43 AM

I have received a report about Ability Focus not being able to select certain abilities (such as the Hexblade's Dire Hex ability). Taking a look at the Ability Focus feat, it appears it selects abilities on the character that have the tag User.PickFocus. This can easily be added to any ability in the editor, for those comfortable with doing so. When you find the ability in the editor (ie Dire Hexblade's Curse is located in Complete Warrior Compile.user in the Class Special tab), click on the Tags button in the upper right corner. Click to add another tag, then in Group Id put 'User' and in Tag Id put 'PickFocus'.

Unfortunately, at this moment, all this will do is make the item selectable. It does not guarantee that the DC of the selected ability will be increased. I need to take a closer look at how the Ability Focus feat is handling that. I will also be working on going through all the classes and making sure all class abilities can be selected so that this feat can be used for anyone. Sorry to have missed this in the last release.

GLBIV June 4th, 2013 03:24 PM

Warlock Invocations

I think the warlock class from Complete Arcane is allowing too many invocations. By my count, a 13th level warlock should have three invocations. HL is telling me I have eight available. I popped into the beautifully compiled Complete Arcane file and I think the issue is in the "custom ability count" array.

Warlocks should start with one invocation, then gain additional ones at 6th, 11th and 16th levels.

I'm going to change it appropriately in my data folder, but it might be good to change for future releases.

Thanks,

Drakos June 4th, 2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLBIV (Post 159035)
I think the warlock class from Complete Arcane is allowing too many invocations. By my count, a 13th level warlock should have three invocations. HL is telling me I have eight available. I popped into the beautifully compiled Complete Arcane file and I think the issue is in the "custom ability count" array.

Warlocks should start with one invocation, then gain additional ones at 6th, 11th and 16th levels.

I'm going to change it appropriately in my data folder, but it might be good to change for future releases.

Thanks,

Warlocks end with 12 invocations at level 20 the progression, from page 8 of the Complete Arcane, is 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18, 20. They start with only being able to pick Least invocations and at levels 6 they can choose Least or Lessor, Greater at 11th, and finally Dark at 16th. So 8 at level 13 is correct, of which you could have a maximum of 2 Greater. You do not have to pick your new invocation from the highest type available so all eight could be least invocations it desired.

Sendric June 5th, 2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLBIV (Post 159035)

I think what you're quoting from is where it says "New invocation (least or lesser)" at level 6 in the warlock table. This is meant to indicate the grade of invocation that you are allowed to choose from (least, lesser, greater, dark) not how many invocations you have. So Drakos is correct. You do have 8 known invocations at level 13. At levels 6, 11, and 16, you can start choosing from a higher grade of invocations. Hope this helps.