Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Illyahr February 2nd, 2020 09:25 AM

Daisho Technique (Rokugan Campaign Setting) is working at the wrong timing. Needs to be set to post-levels

The special thing Way of the Dragon (xWayDragon, Rokugan Campaign Setting) also needs to be set to post-levels. The script also needs to be adusted to still trigger if wearing light armor.

Sendric February 3rd, 2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 285486)
Obtain Familiar is throwing an error

"Attempt to access non-lice child pick 'cArcFamil' from Script Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'fOFamiliar' (Eval Script '#2') near line 5"

Also the Dark Template is giving the wrong Hide in Plain sight

Thanks. Fixed Obtain Familiar. Will look into Dark Template.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 285525)
Daisho Technique (Rokugan Campaign Setting) is working at the wrong timing. Needs to be set to post-levels

The special thing Way of the Dragon (xWayDragon, Rokugan Campaign Setting) also needs to be set to post-levels. The script also needs to be adusted to still trigger if wearing light armor.

Thanks. Will look into these.

Provos February 7th, 2020 12:35 AM

Visage of The Deity (Complete Divine) spell will not allow a good or evil character to take it as it is a [Evil, Good] spell. Same with Lesser and Greater version of the spell.

Sendric February 7th, 2020 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 285657)
Visage of The Deity (Complete Divine) spell will not allow a good or evil character to take it as it is a [Evil, Good] spell. Same with Lesser and Greater version of the spell.

Hmm....good point. I suspect we'll have to have two versions of the spells.

Illyahr February 9th, 2020 08:32 AM

The Pincers Hold, The Tail Strikes (feat, Rokugan Campaign Setting). The Bluff ranks prerequisite is checking for bonus and not ranks

Sendric February 10th, 2020 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 285736)
The Pincers Hold, The Tail Strikes (feat, Rokugan Campaign Setting). The Bluff ranks prerequisite is checking for bonus and not ranks

Thanks. Fixed.

Please note that feat pre-reqs should be done as a "Expr-reqs" not "Pick-reqs".

Sendric February 12th, 2020 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 285486)
Also the Dark Template is giving the wrong Hide in Plain sight

Can you explain this? Looks ok to me.

Sendric February 18th, 2020 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 285525)

Looking at the scripts, it appears a Bastard Sword only counts as a Katana if it's magical/masterwork. Same for the shortsword as Wakizashi. Is this correct?

Illyahr February 18th, 2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 286049)
Looking at the scripts, it appears a Bastard Sword only counts as a Katana if it's magical/masterwork. Same for the shortsword as Wakizashi. Is this correct?

That's a bit of a gray area. Sources agree that a katana and wakizashi are functionally identical to a masterwork bastard sword and shortsword, respectively, and are treated as such. Whether the reverse is true, that a bastard sword must be masterwork to be a katana, is never clarified.

Sendric February 19th, 2020 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 286067)
That's a bit of a gray area. Sources agree that a katana and wakizashi are functionally identical to a masterwork bastard sword and shortsword, respectively, and are treated as such. Whether the reverse is true, that a bastard sword must be masterwork to be a katana, is never clarified.

A gray area in 3.5? I'm stunned. Seems reasonable though. Katana's weren't exactly poorly made weapons. I'll leave it as is. Thanks.

Spyderbane March 5th, 2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 285840)
Can you explain this? Looks ok to me.

Dark Template

It is showing "You can hide in Natural Terrain even while being observed" instead of "Use the Hide skill even while being observed (except in natural daylight, the area of a daylight spell, or a similar effect)."

I think it is using the Rangers HIPS

Rimfaxe March 5th, 2020 02:27 PM

Canaith Mandolin

It seems the Canaith Mandolin disregards that a user has the required 8 ranks in Perform Strings. When I equip it it keeps bestowing a negative level.

Sendric March 6th, 2020 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyderbane (Post 286704)
Dark Template

It is showing "You can hide in Natural Terrain even while being observed" instead of "Use the Hide skill even while being observed (except in natural daylight, the area of a daylight spell, or a similar effect)."

I think it is using the Rangers HIPS

Gotcha. The Hide In Plain Sight special assigned to this template is unique to the template as nothing else uses it. However, it was probably copied from somewhere, and the term "natural terrain" was accidentally kept. I'll make an adjustment to clear that up. Thanks.

Sendric March 6th, 2020 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rimfaxe (Post 286705)
It seems the Canaith Mandolin disregards that a user has the required 8 ranks in Perform Strings. When I equip it it keeps bestowing a negative level.

Thanks for the report. Timing issue. Changing the eval script from Pre-Levels (Users) to Pre-Levels resolves this issue.

Note: In the future, please indicate what the thing is and the source so it's easier for me to find. Thanks.

Illyahr March 8th, 2020 10:38 AM

Fey domain (cdFey, Book of Exalted Deeds) still uses a couple obsolete spells for its domain spells. Tree Stride and Summon Nature's Ally 9 need to be updated.

Denial domain (Book of Erotic Fantasy) still uses the obsolete Repulsion spell and needs to be updated.

Leaping Dragon Stance (cTgrClw032, Tome of Battle) needs to add a +10 enhancement bonus to Jump while active

Rimfaxe March 8th, 2020 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 286718)
Thanks for the report. Timing issue. Changing the eval script from Pre-Levels (Users) to Pre-Levels resolves this issue.

Note: In the future, please indicate what the thing is and the source so it's easier for me to find. Thanks.

Super, will do. Thanks for the quick response

Sendric March 9th, 2020 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 286792)
Fey domain (cdFey, Book of Exalted Deeds) still uses a couple obsolete spells for its domain spells. Tree Stride and Summon Nature's Ally 9 need to be updated.

Denial domain (Book of Erotic Fantasy) still uses the obsolete Repulsion spell and needs to be updated.

Fixed (along with some others) and Fixed. Thanks for the reports.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 286792)
Leaping Dragon Stance (cTgrClw032, Tome of Battle) needs to add a +10 enhancement bonus to Jump while active

The description indicates the character gains 10' on the jump, but the summary indicates +10 to the skill. It probably makes more sense that it adds to the skill. I'll fix this as well.

Wraith235 March 14th, 2020 02:00 PM

got an error on 1 character

Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the Help menu).

Critical information not found in data files: Source 'PFS Boons (as Vanities)'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Academy of Secrets'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Broken Chains'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Carrion Hill'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'City of Golden Death'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Crypt of the Everflame'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Curse of the Riven Sky'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Cult of the Ebon Destroyer'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Doom Comes to Dustpawn'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Dawn of the Scarlet Sun'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Doom Comes to Dustpawn'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'The Dragon's Demand'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'The Emerald Spire Superdungeon'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Fangwood Keep'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'The Feast of Ravenmoor'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'From Shore to Sea'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'The Godsmouth Heresy'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'The Harrowing'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'The Midnight Mirror'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'The Moonscar'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Masks of the Living God'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Master of the Fallen Fortress'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Murder's Mark'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'No Response from Deepmar'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Realm of the Fellnight Queen'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Ruby Phoenix Tournament'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Tomb of the Iron Medusa'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'Wardens of the Reborn Forge'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'We Be Goblins'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'We Be Goblins Too (PFS)'
Critical information not found in data files: Source 'The WItchwar Legacy'
One or more selections on 'Toshio Genkuro' couldn't be loaded. They may require content that isn't available to this Hero Lab license, or user content that isn't currently loaded.
'PFS: Tian Weapon Training GenCon'11 Exclusive' can't be loaded without 'PFS Boons (as Vanities)'

this is the only PC Im haviong any kind of error on and the most important one is this Line

One or more selections on 'Toshio Genkuro' couldn't be loaded. They may require
content that isn't available to this Hero Lab license, or user content that isn't currently loaded.
'PFS: Tian Weapon Training GenCon'11 Exclusive' can't be loaded without 'PFS Boons (as Vanities)'

I am actually trying to figure out where that file is so I can then figure out how to load it

Wraith235 March 14th, 2020 02:16 PM

Ignore my previous post ... I found it

Illyahr March 23rd, 2020 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 280164)
Setting up a class variant that removes some class skills from a class. But it doesn't. It just gives me an error.

Invalid syntax for tag template
Location: 'eval' scritp for Component 'BaseVary' (Eval Script #2) near line 58

Coming back to this one. It seems to only trigger when you remove a class skill that is part of a skill group (Knowledge, Craft, etc.).

Sendric March 24th, 2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 287210)
Coming back to this one. It seems to only trigger when you remove a class skill that is part of a skill group (Knowledge, Craft, etc.).

I suspect this is because those skills may not be on the character when the variant is added, but I'd have to look into it. Not sure when I'll get to that. Somehow, working from home has not afforded me more free time.

Trion March 28th, 2020 02:53 AM

Hi,

I am not sure if this is really a bug or just a missing feature, and maybe this has already been discussed and I couldn't find it.

I am building a Cleric in 3.5e, using the Divine Metamagic feat from Complete Divine.

If I pick the feat, and chose eg. Quicken Spell as the "Metamagicaly Divined" feat, I should then be able to memorize a spell of, say, lvl 2 (Aid), apply Divine Metamagic - Quicken Spell to it, and it should remain a lvl2-slot spell, consuming 3 Turn UD charges as well.

However, when I try to add a Custom - Metamagic Spell to my memorized spells, I can't add Divine Metamagic - Quicken Spell as the added Metamagic Power. I can only find the normal Quicken Spell, and the spells become a higher level-slot spell, which I don't want !

Sorry if this is a known issue !

Thank you for your work, this custom 3.5 pack is absolutely awesome.

Trion

Sendric April 1st, 2020 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 287210)

Can you send me a user file with an example of this?

Sendric April 1st, 2020 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trion (Post 287354)
Hi,

I am not sure if this is really a bug or just a missing feature, and maybe this has already been discussed and I couldn't find it.

I am building a Cleric in 3.5e, using the Divine Metamagic feat from Complete Divine.

If I pick the feat, and chose eg. Quicken Spell as the "Metamagicaly Divined" feat, I should then be able to memorize a spell of, say, lvl 2 (Aid), apply Divine Metamagic - Quicken Spell to it, and it should remain a lvl2-slot spell, consuming 3 Turn UD charges as well.

However, when I try to add a Custom - Metamagic Spell to my memorized spells, I can't add Divine Metamagic - Quicken Spell as the added Metamagic Power. I can only find the normal Quicken Spell, and the spells become a higher level-slot spell, which I don't want !

Sorry if this is a known issue !

Thank you for your work, this custom 3.5 pack is absolutely awesome.

Trion

First of all, thanks for the report. Don't be shy about reporting even if they may have already been reported. :)

Based on the description of this feat it appears that it's intended to allow the character to use the metamagic feat on any prepared spell as a free action, thus it is not applied to prepared spells ahead of time. As a result, I think the current behavior is the correct behavior. As a player, you would just announce you are using the feat then deduct the appropriate number of Turn/Rebuke Undead charges from the In-Play tab and cast your quickened spell.

One change that can be made to this feat is) to provide a dropdown list to select metamagic feats from as opposed to freeform control.

Apaa April 7th, 2020 06:47 AM

Hi,

After a bit of searching on the forum i could not find a solution to my issue (however i'm not don't think is a bug per say).

I added the "draconic bloodline" feat to my bard which is supposed to grant specific spells.
However, some of these spells are nto on the bard spell list (ie Darkvision as the 1st level spell).
Thus i cannot add them and since the bard spell list is limited, i am also not allowed to create custom spells to match these.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Apaa

Sendric May 26th, 2020 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apaa (Post 287631)
Hi,

After a bit of searching on the forum i could not find a solution to my issue (however i'm not don't think is a bug per say).

I added the "draconic bloodline" feat to my bard which is supposed to grant specific spells.
However, some of these spells are nto on the bard spell list (ie Darkvision as the 1st level spell).
Thus i cannot add them and since the bard spell list is limited, i am also not allowed to create custom spells to match these.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Apaa

Sorry for the delay. I believe I have fixed this for the next release. Please add the following to the eval script on the feat in the meantime as a workaround:

Code:

~ Add spells to our spell list just in case they aren't already there.

field[fChosen].chosen.field[cSpellExpr].text &= " | (thingid.spComLan1 | thingid.spDarkvis2 | thingid.spProEnrg3 | thingid.spFear4 | thingid.spMindFog5 | thingid.spTrueSee6 | thingid.spVision7 | thingid.spMndBlnk8 | thingid.spDomMon9)"

Bloodwolf May 27th, 2020 05:04 PM

Never mind. I'm blind.

Gotrek May 28th, 2020 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 93481)
OK. I think I see what's happening here. I'm not entirely sure that the implementation was completed or what happened. I'll take a look and see if I can come up with a cleaner solution.

Any Idea of which rule was intended here?

Bloodwolf June 1st, 2020 10:06 AM

I was creating the Fang Dragon entry and found a super small bug in the White Dragon (my base that I'm working from). While changing the HD, Stats, and Age Category names I found that the HD in the Script for the White Dragon is off. I'm not in front of my computer but it is in one of the older categories. The HD is supposed to be 27 but is 17. So as you go up in categories it will go from like 24 to 17 and then like 30.

Like I said a simple fix. Just go into the script button and in the first script update that category's HD to 27.

Sendric June 2nd, 2020 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 288951)
I was creating the Fang Dragon entry and found a super small bug in the White Dragon (my base that I'm working from). While changing the HD, Stats, and Age Category names I found that the HD in the Script for the White Dragon is off. I'm not in front of my computer but it is in one of the older categories. The HD is supposed to be 27 but is 17. So as you go up in categories it will go from like 24 to 17 and then like 30.

Like I said a simple fix. Just go into the script button and in the first script update that category's HD to 27.

Thanks for the report. Fixed.

Bloodwolf June 7th, 2020 11:18 AM

Found another one in the White Dragon. Not sure this even shows at any time but it is there.

The Very Old category again. The CR is set in the same script. It is supposed to be 17 but is set to 21.

Another super easy fix.

Bloodwolf June 7th, 2020 12:08 PM

Ok. Really, really, really unimportant bug in the white dragon.

In the ~ statement in the 3rd script in the statement "Dragon flight speeds are based on size." Categories is spelled wrong. It is "cagegories" instead.

Illyahr June 7th, 2020 12:25 PM

Depths of the Void class skill for Inkyo (Rokugan Campaign), the Condition for the bootstrap needs to be changed from 100 to 500. 100 is too early for it to recognize when conditions are met.

Bloodwolf June 8th, 2020 06:36 PM

Oops wrong thread. Moving.

Sendric June 10th, 2020 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 289062)
Found another one in the White Dragon. Not sure this even shows at any time but it is there.

The Very Old category again. The CR is set in the same script. It is supposed to be 17 but is set to 21.

Another super easy fix.

Fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bloodwolf (Post 289064)
Ok. Really, really, really unimportant bug in the white dragon.

In the ~ statement in the 3rd script in the statement "Dragon flight speeds are based on size." Categories is spelled wrong. It is "cagegories" instead.

Fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 289065)
Depths of the Void class skill for Inkyo (Rokugan Campaign), the Condition for the bootstrap needs to be changed from 100 to 500. 100 is too early for it to recognize when conditions are met.

Fixed.

Thanks for the reports.

startal July 3rd, 2020 05:50 AM

Need to add class variant from book Unearthed Arcane page 58.

startal July 4th, 2020 08:32 AM

cant find the enchantment "Splitting" from Champions of Ruin can somebody help me find it?

Illyahr July 9th, 2020 01:15 PM

The coding for the Hida Defender's Critical Focus ability (Oriental Adventures) doesn't function quite right. Please adjust to the following:

Code:

if (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[thingid.wBattleaxe] <> 0) then
  foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "WepFocus.? & IsWeapon.wBattleaxe"
    perform each.delete[wCritMult.?]
    perform each.assign[wCritMult.4]
  nexteach
elseif (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[thingid.wWarhammer] <> 0) then
  foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "WepFocus.? & IsWeapon.wWarhammer"
  nexteach
elseif (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[thingid.wGreatclub] <> 0) then
  foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "WepFocus.? & IsWeapon.wGreatclub"
    perform each.assign[wCritMult.3]
  nexteach
endif

Also, the coding for the binder's Binding ability (Tome of Magic, xBind) is still calculating wrong. Please change to:
Code:

var level as number
      var check as number
      var difficulty as number
      level = hero.childfound[xBind].field[Value].value
      check = level + #attrmod[aCHA]
      difficulty = round(level/2,0,-1)
      difficulty = difficulty + 10 + #attrmod[aCHA]

field[xSumm].text = "EBL = " & level & ", Binding Check 1d20 + " & check & ", Special DC = " & difficulty & "."

Dami July 10th, 2020 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startal (Post 289465)
Need to add class variant from book Unearthed Arcane page 58.
Cant find the enchantment "Splitting" from Champions of Ruin can somebody help me find it?

These aren't bug reports. The splitting weapon enhancement (FR: Champions of Ruin) has not been coded - it's not in HL. You can request that things be added to the community files (in the thread: Community Created 3.5 D&D data set, for for example), but that doesn't mean that they will be. Someone needs to have the book they come from, and both the time and interest to create it in HL. You can always try to create them yourself using the editor.

Sendric July 11th, 2020 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 289557)
The coding for the Hida Defender's Critical Focus ability (Oriental Adventures) doesn't function quite right. Please adjust to the following:

Code:

if (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[thingid.wBattleaxe] <> 0) then
  foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "WepFocus.? & IsWeapon.wBattleaxe"
  nexteach
elseif (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[thingid.wWarhammer] <> 0) then
  foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "WepFocus.? & IsWeapon.wWarhammer"
  nexteach
elseif (field[usrChosen1].chosen.tagis[thingid.wGreatclub] <> 0) then
  foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "WepFocus.? & IsWeapon.wGreatclub"
    perform each.assign[wCritMult.3]
  nexteach
endif

foreach loops are powerful, but also notoriously slow. As a modification, please try this:

Code:

~ Assign the appropriate tag to all weapons that meet the criteria
  foreach pick in hero where "WepFocus.? & (thingid.wBattleaxe | thingid.wWarhammer | thingid.wGreatclub)"
    if (eachpick.tagis[thingid.wGreatclub] <> 0) then
        perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.3]
    else
        perform eachpick.assign[wCritMult.4]
    endif
  nexteach