Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Does anyone know if familiar hitpoints are hardcoded and hidden? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63870)

Senko February 14th, 2020 10:43 PM

Does anyone know if familiar hitpoints are hardcoded and hidden?

I'm trying to figure out a way to adjust the hard lock on a familiar's hitpoints but even in the ability that states "A familiar has X hitpoints" there's no script, tag or anything I can see that would actually generate that. So I'd like to avoid wasting my time if it is hardcoded and hidden. Does anyone know please if there's a way somewhere to adjust a familiar's hitpoints so I know if its at least worth continuing to look?

EDIT
To be clear I mean figment archetype ones that modify a familiars hp to 1/4. I know here the base familiar thing scripting is but thats modified by figment to be 1/4 instead of 1/2. I want to make a mythic figment that restores it to 1/2 but I can't find the figment adjustment.

Senko February 16th, 2020 02:48 AM

I'm starting to think they're either hardcoded or hidden. I KNOW from deleting things that its probably the CFG file. Specifically if I go to the race tab then the alt race trab and select bootstraps I can find "raArcRecDr"

which has the following tags

Group ID: ClSpecWhen
Tag ID: 1
Group ID: SpecSource
Tag ID: cfgArcFami

If i delete that bootstrap it (along with a major part of the archetype) resets the hp to the normal ones for a familiar.

However I can't find anywhere with cfgArcFami. Under Class, Companion Class Helper there's a "CArcFClass" and under class, companion type there's a "CArcFamil". Meanwhile in the "raArcRecDr" found in class, class special it talks in the fluff about reducing hp to a quarter not a half. However there's nothing there to actually do this I can find. There's a single tag indicating its a supernatural ability. There's a single eval script . . .

doneif (tagis[Helper.SpcDisable] <> 0)

perform hero.assign[Hero.FamHPQuart]

~ We hide any divination SLAs
foreach pick in hero from BaseSpell where "Helper.SpellLike & sSchool.Divination"
perform eachpick.assign[Hide.Spell]
nexteach

which seems to hide divination abilities and has nothing to do with hp. There's nothing else in recuring dream which would change hp. However familiar benefits cfgArcFamil in general, configurable also seems to have nothing in it dealing with figment or recuring dream. So right now I'm going to sadly abandon this on the theory that figment/recuring dream's hp modification is hidden and/or hardcoded in a way I with my limited skills can't find, touch or modify. Really wish they set familiar base hp not absolute as it makes it impossible to change with custom items or feats.

Minous February 16th, 2020 08:26 AM

Well by George, I think you found the root issue without realizing it. I ready that same script and thought the same thing then. Looking at it again the key thing is:

If you look at the Tag list it shows that as "Familiar gets 1/4 master's HP" deleting Hero.FamHPQuart should fix your issue, key thing is to figure out its timing.

Senko February 16th, 2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minous (Post 285980)
Well by George, I think you found the root issue without realizing it. I ready that same script and thought the same thing then. Looking at it again the key thing is:

If you look at the Tag list it shows that as "Familiar gets 1/4 master's HP" deleting Hero.FamHPQuart should fix your issue, key thing is to figure out its timing.

Oh I completely missed that line inspite of looking at it multiple times, thought it was about hiding divination abilities (apparently it hid it from my attempts at divining the problem :)) thanks. So timing here is . . .

Normal Familiar HP = Final Phase, 8500, 1 and runs the script at final/10000 while the recurring dream is First phase, 10000, 2. Of course I have no idea what that means. I know from the tutorials what the phases are but the priority and index mean nothing to me. Still I now know where the script I need to deal with is is. So I can muck around in there trying to figure out if doing things like . . .

perform hero.assign[Hero.FamHPHalf] or
perform hero.assign[Hero.FamHPFull]

do anything. Wont help with wanting more adjustable hit points for feats like toughness but it'll at least fix my initial problem of wanting to go from 1/4 back to 1/2 for a mythic figment.

Hmm maybe I can create a custom familiar with no hp adjustment that can be affected by bonus hp for easy adjustment since I know where the original is . . .

Anyway thanks again for pointing out what I'd missed that gives me options on where to go again.

EDIT
Just an update.

First experiment
Create new familiar with free hp.
Failure.
Didn't generate the familiar button on the hero.

Second experiment.
Create figment with half hp.
Success

Conclusion time to dig into syntax to figure out what I need to enter instead of perform hero.famhpquart to get valid results.