Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Ioun/Wayfinder Resonant Powers (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=50045)

gauldin July 20th, 2014 09:35 AM

Ioun/Wayfinder Resonant Powers

I'm not seeing the resonant powers of Ioun Stones show up when I put them in a Wayfinder. For example, a Pink Rhomboid ioun stone is supposed to give +1 Reflex saves when inserted in a Wayfinder. I equip the Wayfinder, equip the Ioun Stone, put the ioun stone into the Wayfinder container, but don't see any change in the character's Reflex Save value. I see the eval script in the editor that should bump Reflex, but not the end result. I also tried it with a Scarlet & Blue stone (+1 Will Save). Am I missing a step, or is this a bug I should report?

AndrewD2 July 20th, 2014 09:44 AM

Do you have both the ioun stone and wayfinder equipped?

Mathias July 20th, 2014 10:11 AM

I just verified that it's working for me.

The rules for how resonant powers work are from the book Seekers of Secrets, so make sure you have that book turned on. (That book is in our Campaign Setting #2 package)

gauldin July 28th, 2014 06:35 AM

I'm sure that's my problem - I don't have that package.

Out of curiosity, how does HL check/enforce these source restrictions? When I looked at the ioun stone code in the editor, there wasn't anything obvious - just check if container is a wayfinder. (I don't have my PC here, so I hope I'm remembering right.) If I wanted to create my own version of this, what would I have to change? (I know this is easy to force with a manual adjustment on the character, but I'd like to understand the underlying mechanic)

Aaron July 28th, 2014 09:58 AM

It's done in a component script, the Ioun stone checks if the correct sources are enabled, then checks if the container it is inside is a wayfinder, if so it assigns the Custom.Wayfinder tag to itself, which the eval scripts on the individual stones can then check for and add whatever resonant power is needed.

If you wanted to do a similar thing, you'd have to add a similar script to each Ioun stone in question.

Silbeg April 28th, 2015 08:06 AM

I know this is a horrid thread necro, but I am seeing the same problem. I do have Seeker of Secrets and the Pathfinder Society Primer turned on, but I am seeing neither the bonus from the scarlet and blue sphere (+1 Will) nor the Dusty Rose Prism (+2 Insight to CMB/CMD).

I have confirmed that i have the most current versions of everything.

AndrewD2 April 28th, 2015 08:15 AM

Just to make sure, you have the equipped checkboxes checked for both the Ioun Stone and Wayfinder right?

Silbeg April 28th, 2015 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewD2 (Post 207897)
Just to make sure, you have the equipped checkboxes checked for both the Ioun Stone and Wayfinder right?

Certainly have!

I also made sure that the stone is IN the wayfinder.

Mathias April 28th, 2015 11:32 AM

Those two stones' resonant powers are working for me when I test them.

Mathias April 28th, 2015 11:34 AM

One thing to check - you may own both of those books, and you've set them to default to on, but if the character you're working with right now was created before you purchased seekers of secrets, that book would still be turned off for that character, even if new characters you're creating get that book turned on by default.