Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shadowrun 5 announced (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=32067)

Bobson December 21st, 2012 09:44 AM

Shadowrun 5 announced

Public Service Announcement: Catalyst just announced that Shadowrun 5 will be released this summer.

Matt Droz December 27th, 2012 07:04 AM

Here's an interesting question, and it probably can't be answered until more details are released for the new version: Will Lone Wolf only be supporting v5 or will they be supporting both versions? This is also assuming there are a LOT of rules changes between the two.

wilcoxon December 27th, 2012 07:56 AM

I would think it would be more likely that Hero Lab would only support SR4 as the announcement sounds like there will be some significant changes (and probably requiring a new license for SR5).

Is anyone else worried by the line "faster character creation"? That usually means removing choices. My guess (in the absence of any concrete details) is they are planning to use something similar to the PACKS system released as part of Runners Toolkit. I hope I'm wrong or that they give options in the main rulebook for PACKS and BP (and/or KarmaGen).

Bobson December 27th, 2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Droz (Post 116173)
Here's an interesting question, and it probably can't be answered until more details are released for the new version: Will Lone Wolf only be supporting v5 or will they be supporting both versions? This is also assuming there are a LOT of rules changes between the two.

My impression is that the mechanics will be similar, but there will be tweaks and consolidation, like I think happened between SR2 and SR3. But I could be totally wrong.

I would also assume that Lone Wolf will continue to support SR4 in the same way they do 3.5, provided they don't lose their license. That may mean no new releases, but you'd still be able to get everything existing.

John December 28th, 2012 09:06 AM

With the announcement about Shadowrun 5, we know everyone has a lot of questions about Hero Lab supporting it. We will be supporting Shadowrun 5, barring any unforeseen circumstances. We expect to be able to share more information in a few months, and will update everyone in our newsletter.

crowofpyke January 14th, 2013 09:47 AM

I hope Lone Wolf will support both 4e and 5e, at least for a while. There will be some transition in SRM play, so I would think that will need some equal-time support from Hero Lab.

crowofpyke April 4th, 2013 08:54 AM

I thought of another questions about SR5.

Will SR5 be supported by HL by the SR5 launch at GenCon in August? IE- Will I be able to use HL to make SR5 characters at GenCon?....

Perverseness May 3rd, 2013 11:36 AM

what level of rebuy will folks who have the 4e packages need to do? Main book free? main book plus equivalent bundles? just curious

crowofpyke May 12th, 2013 06:56 PM

No 4e Shadowrun at GenCon - 5e HL by GenCon?

Event calendar is out for GenCon. Not a single 4e session scheduled by Catalyst Labs - all the CMP games are 5th edition.

So.... Is Lone Wolf going to have a 5e HL module ready for purchase by GenCon?

sinthalix May 17th, 2013 04:16 AM

Please note that the event list for GenCon does not include all SR events submitted. We are waiting on final approval for a load of events. Starting at Origins, we will be running SR5 at all conventions in which I have a direct part in scheduling. The full list of submitted events is on the Shadowrun Universe forums.

Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone there!
Ray Rigel
Lead RPGs Agent
Catalyst Demo Team