Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Server Access Extension Pricing (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=66705)

ruhar January 23rd, 2022 01:48 AM

Server Access Extension Pricing

My Server Access Extension is up for renewal and I would like to know what the prices are for the renewal. I don't mean what I see in the store, I mean how much is a person paying who didn't do the Kickstarter vs. those of us who supported the Kickstarter and are suppose to get the "lock-in Charter Backer pricing for life on cloud services." Since I am unable to find a price listing beyond what is appearing in the store for me, I want to make sure I am indeed getting the discount for backing the Kickstarter.

Parody January 23rd, 2022 10:44 AM

The prices I see are $13 for 6 months and $20 for a year. I was a Kickstarter backer but didn't pledge at a level where you get lock-in pricing.

At one point the plan was to have pricing tiers for how much space and/or data you were using but that was never put into place.

ruhar February 3rd, 2022 12:53 AM

I REALLY would like an answer to this before I decide if I'm going to renew for a year. Will someone at Lone Wolf please respond? SteveT? Anyone? Have a little respect for us users, a Kickstarter supporter at that!

Ryan F February 3rd, 2022 01:26 PM

Hey there Ruhar,

Apologies for not replying to this sooner, this was mainly because Parody has the right of it, there were initially some plans on different pricing tiers that didn't pan out for a variety of reasons but generally the way it shook out was that there is only the base level service cost for Gamemaster Edition Licenses.

For 6 months the cost for service extension and renewal is $12.99 USD and for a full year it costs $19.99 USD for server access. We have no plans at this point of even considering a price hike on either so the concern over missing the locked in lowered price is somewhat moot at this point.

ruhar February 13th, 2022 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan F (Post 298199)
Hey there Ruhar,

Apologies for not replying to this sooner, this was mainly because Parody has the right of it, there were initially some plans on different pricing tiers that didn't pan out for a variety of reasons but generally the way it shook out was that there is only the base level service cost for Gamemaster Edition Licenses.

For 6 months the cost for service extension and renewal is $12.99 USD and for a full year it costs $19.99 USD for server access. We have no plans at this point of even considering a price hike on either so the concern over missing the locked in lowered price is somewhat moot at this point.

This is very disappointing. Once again, those of us who supported the Kickstarter are getting screwed. I was supposed to get "lock-in Charter Backer pricing for life on cloud service." But, my support and the support of many others never mattered.

Dami February 13th, 2022 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruhar (Post 298290)
This is very disappointing. Once again, those of us who supported the Kickstarter are getting screwed. I was supposed to get "lock-in Charter Backer pricing for life on cloud service." But, my support and the support of many others never mattered.

So, unless you were quoted a lower price in the kickstarter than current charges, how are you actually at a disadvantage?

ruhar February 14th, 2022 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 298291)
So, unless you were quoted a lower price in the kickstarter than current charges, how are you actually at a disadvantage?

We were supposed to have a better price than everyone else because we supported the Kickstarter.

Parody February 14th, 2022 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruhar (Post 298292)
We were supposed to have a better price than everyone else because we supported the Kickstarter.

You were supposed to have "lock-in Charter Backer pricing for life on cloud service". Currently you have the best available pricing for cloud service and that price has not changed since they started charging for it.

Everyone else has the same offer, but that doesn't affect what you've received.

Plans change. :(

Maidhc O Casain February 14th, 2022 06:28 AM

I struggled with this issue for quite some time. Though I eventually "found peace" with it, I can still see both sides.

I can't speak for ruhar, of course, but for me the feeling of being shortchanged doesn't come directly from the fact that other folks are getting the same price as those who backed the kickstarter. It's about the fact that some people who backed the kickstarter did so at a higher level - paid more money - specifically to get that "best price." If they had known that LW was going to abandon that pricing model for server access they could have saved a little money and just backed at the lower level, and still gotten the same deal as everyone else.

Parody February 14th, 2022 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain (Post 298295)
If they had known that LW was going to abandon that pricing model for server access they could have saved a little money and just backed at the lower level, and still gotten the same deal as everyone else.

That's the risk you take, unfortunately. At least here we got Realm Works; I've given much more money to projects that never finished. No refunds at that point.

Sometimes they surprise you, though. I had one where I donated money for a band's CD. Before they put the CD together the band broke up. The guy who did the Kickstarter started a new band and sent us their first CD. :)