Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

AntiStateQuixote March 4th, 2018 09:48 AM

In the Xanathar's Guide community material:

The Samurai martial archetype is adding +2 (proficiency modifier) to Wisdom saves when the archetype is gained at 3rd level.

Samurai should gain proficiency in Wis Saves at 7th level with the ability Elegant Courtier. When you get to 7th level there's no additional change to Wis Saves, so it's not doubling up, it's just delivering the bonus 4 levels too early.

Sendric April 30th, 2018 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntiStateQuixote (Post 263817)
In the Xanathar's Guide community material:

The Samurai martial archetype is adding +2 (proficiency modifier) to Wisdom saves when the archetype is gained at 3rd level.

Samurai should gain proficiency in Wis Saves at 7th level with the ability Elegant Courtier. When you get to 7th level there's no additional change to Wis Saves, so it's not doubling up, it's just delivering the bonus 4 levels too early.

Is this in the right place? Not sure what Xanathar's Guide is.

Drakos April 30th, 2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 266023)
Is this in the right place? Not sure what Xanathar's Guide is.

No it's not the right place. This ruleset is for the D&D 3.5 d20 system, Xanathar's is a rules suppliment for the D&D 5e system.

Gotrek May 2nd, 2018 12:23 PM

I noticed that Aasimar race get Knowledge: Religion as Class Skill with every class (i.e. for fighters should be Cross Class Skill)

Sendric May 3rd, 2018 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 266154)
I noticed that Aasimar race get Knowledge: Religion as Class Skill with every class (i.e. for fighters should be Cross Class Skill)

Thanks for the report. Looks like this was done intentionally based on the rule that all skills listed in a monster's stat block are considered class skills. However, the exception to this rule is when the monster has a class level, which the Aasimar clearly does, so the Aasimar shouldn't have any skills that are always considered class skills. I'll get this fixed.

Gotrek May 3rd, 2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 266170)
Thanks for the report. Looks like this was done intentionally based on the rule that all skills listed in a monster's stat block are considered class skills. However, the exception to this rule is when the monster has a class level, which the Aasimar clearly does, so the Aasimar shouldn't have any skills that are always considered class skills. I'll get this fixed.

The complete list of "wrong" class skill for the Aasimar, in case you need:
Heal,
Knowledge Religion
Listen
Spot

Sendric May 3rd, 2018 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotrek (Post 266192)
The complete list of "wrong" class skill for the Aasimar, in case you need:
Heal,
Knowledge Religion
Listen
Spot

Ok, got it. Thanks.

Horcoel May 21st, 2018 12:22 PM

Guys,after 8.5b patch,i started having problems with all kind of spells.Did anyone also get that?

Error:Table portal 'sThing' makes use of an agent reference but no agent pick is present

Or any solutions?

ShadowChemosh May 21st, 2018 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Horcoel (Post 266612)
Guys,after 8.5b patch,i started having problems with all kind of spells.Did anyone also get that?

Error:Table portal 'sThing' makes use of an agent reference but no agent pick is present

Or any solutions?

I am seeing the same errors reported in the 5E D&D forums also. Meaning I would go with this is a bug in the new binary program. I sent an email to powers that be to maybe take a look.... :)

Dave did reply HERE.

BlkTom June 1st, 2018 05:25 AM

Two Weapon Rend does not work properly with Ranger. It is telling me I need a Dex 15, even though in the very description of the feat it says that all a Ranger needs is a base BAB of +11, be in the TWF track, and wear light or no armor

BlkTom June 1st, 2018 08:01 AM

Made a Paladin/Ranger character, and took the Devoted Tracker Feat. Wild Empathy did not add up properly, where it should have been +29 (14 lvls Ranger/5 lvls Paladin, +8 Charisma mod and +2 from Handle Animal at 5 ranks) and was a +24. The feat is also supposed to combine Animal Companion and Special Mount (if you take 5 levels of Paladin), and neither the Special Mount or the Animal Companion were able to be improved beyond the base 5 Paladin or 14 Ranger, much less somehow combined. I have a suggestion of making it's own tab

I also had Multi-class issues in character creation while leveling when Devoted Tracker is suppose to eliminate that with Ranger and Paladin. I was forced to take all 5 levels of Paladin in a row instead of breaking it up as I wanted.

The Smite worked correctly at +8 to hit and +19 damage, so was the only part of the feat working properly.

I also took the Feat Extra Smite, but instead of giving the character 3 Smites a day, it only had 2 Smites a day listed. For some strange reason Extra Smite seems to have a category selection (that gave me no options) in the Feats category, when it just gives a flat bonus to any Smite ability of +2 a day, specially when you can take it multiple times and it stacks.

It seems that the Stone of Good Luck does not work properly with giving it's +1 Luck Bonus to Saves, Skills, and Ability checks.

Hengist June 4th, 2018 07:16 AM

Practiced Spellcaster feat- It increases your CL as it should, according to the notes on the side of the Wizard tab, but it doesn't seem to allow for actually putting those CLs to use by allowing for the new spell levels by increased CL, which is the whole point of the feat. Any ideas?

Sendric June 4th, 2018 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkTom (Post 266869)
Two Weapon Rend does not work properly with Ranger. It is telling me I need a Dex 15, even though in the very description of the feat it says that all a Ranger needs is a base BAB of +11, be in the TWF track, and wear light or no armor

Thanks for the report. Fixed for the next release.

Sendric June 4th, 2018 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlkTom (Post 266872)
Made a Paladin/Ranger character, and took the Devoted Tracker Feat. Wild Empathy did not add up properly, where it should have been +29 (14 lvls Ranger/5 lvls Paladin, +8 Charisma mod and +2 from Handle Animal at 5 ranks) and was a +24.

Fixed for next release.

Quote:

The feat is also supposed to combine Animal Companion and Special Mount (if you take 5 levels of Paladin), and neither the Special Mount or the Animal Companion were able to be improved beyond the base 5 Paladin or 14 Ranger, much less somehow combined. I have a suggestion of making it's own tab.
Yea, I think we'd have to do this through the Other tab. It will require some work. I'll look into it.

Quote:

I also had Multi-class issues in character creation while leveling when Devoted Tracker is suppose to eliminate that with Ranger and Paladin. I was forced to take all 5 levels of Paladin in a row instead of breaking it up as I wanted.
I am unable to reproduce this, and looking at the feat, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work. Can you provide any additional detail?

Quote:

The Smite worked correctly at +8 to hit and +19 damage, so was the only part of the feat working properly.

I also took the Feat Extra Smite, but instead of giving the character 3 Smites a day, it only had 2 Smites a day listed. For some strange reason Extra Smite seems to have a category selection (that gave me no options) in the Feats category, when it just gives a flat bonus to any Smite ability of +2 a day, specially when you can take it multiple times and it stacks.
Temporary fix: Open "Custom - Book Mods" and navigate to the General - > Specials tab. Find xSmiteEvi2 and add the tag "User.Smite" by clicking on the Tags button in the upper right. This will allow the feat to choose the smite ability and add to your smite total. I will need to look more into this to find a better total solution.

Quote:

It seems that the Stone of Good Luck does not work properly with giving it's +1 Luck Bonus to Saves, Skills, and Ability checks.
This is actually a core bug. I can provide a temporary fix in the next release that will work until core is updated.

Sendric June 4th, 2018 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hengist (Post 266937)
Practiced Spellcaster feat- It increases your CL as it should, according to the notes on the side of the Wizard tab, but it doesn't seem to allow for actually putting those CLs to use by allowing for the new spell levels by increased CL, which is the whole point of the feat. Any ideas?

I'm not sure I understand. This feat increases your caster level, but it doesn't provide additional spells. This increase only effects your ability to penetrate SR and increases spell duration.

Illyahr June 8th, 2018 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 266962)
I'm not sure I understand. This feat increases your caster level, but it doesn't provide additional spells. This increase only effects your ability to penetrate SR and increases spell duration.

It works fine, they just misunderstood to feat. It doesn't add to spells per day or spells known, just helps beat SR and increases level-based range/damage/duration.

Pirogoeth July 14th, 2018 05:44 AM

I believe this is the correct place and I apologize if it is not, I have found the the Totemist Chakra Bind (+1 capacity) does not function correctly on the Manticore Belt but seems to work fine on any other soulmeld bound to your totem chakra. For the Manticore Belt the +1 capacity appears correctly in the In-Play tab but when applied does not give a bonus to jump and spot nor does it give an extra spike. Thank you and I hope you have a great day.

Sendric July 14th, 2018 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirogoeth (Post 267994)
I believe this is the correct place and I apologize if it is not, I have found the the Totemist Chakra Bind (+1 capacity) does not function correctly on the Manticore Belt but seems to work fine on any other soulmeld bound to your totem chakra. For the Manticore Belt the +1 capacity appears correctly in the In-Play tab but when applied does not give a bonus to jump and spot nor does it give an extra spike. Thank you and I hope you have a great day.

Thanks for the report. I'll take a look.

Update: This is working correctly. Once Manticore Belt is selected, the bonuses to Jump and Spot are applied. The bonuses increase when you add Essentia to the Belt (which can be done on the In-Play tab). The spikes will also appear once you've added essentia. This is because the description indicates you can fire your spikes a number of times equal to the amount of essentia applied to the belt, which implies that if you have no essentia, you can't use that weapon.

I am seeing another bug pop up when applying essentia to the belt which I will try to track down.

Pirogoeth July 16th, 2018 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 268008)
Thanks for the report. I'll take a look.

Update: This is working correctly. Once Manticore Belt is selected, the bonuses to Jump and Spot are applied. The bonuses increase when you add Essentia to the Belt (which can be done on the In-Play tab). The spikes will also appear once you've added essentia. This is because the description indicates you can fire your spikes a number of times equal to the amount of essentia applied to the belt, which implies that if you have no essentia, you can't use that weapon.

I am seeing another bug pop up when applying essentia to the belt which I will try to track down.

Huh, for me the Totem Chakra bind just does nothing with the Manticore belt, (ergo you should be able to invest two total essentia sans feats, one into the belt normally and one granted from it being bound to your totem chakra, giving you a total of two spikes and +4 spot and jump at level 2) The essentia invests correctly for the belt itself just not for the Totem Chakra, yet works correctly on every other bind I've tested. Weird

Edit: To clarify as an example if I am personally being unclear (sorry if i am..) If I had Bloodtalons bound to totem and no essentia invested I would have a +0 to hit and no bleed. I invest 1 point via the standard method it would become +1 to hit and 1 bleed, and if I invested in the totem chakra it would become +2 to hit and 2 bleed. For Manticore Belt, when bound and no essentia you are correct there would be no spikes, and if I invested as standard it would become +2 to jump and spot as well as 1 spike. Totem chakra does not give me anything however it should grant me a total of 2 spikes and +4 to jump and spot when invested. So there is a total of 2 essentia invested yet hero lab says only 1 spike and only +2 to jump and spot.

Sendric July 17th, 2018 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirogoeth (Post 268069)
Edit: To clarify as an example if I am personally being unclear (sorry if i am..) If I had Bloodtalons bound to totem and no essentia invested I would have a +0 to hit and no bleed. I invest 1 point via the standard method it would become +1 to hit and 1 bleed, and if I invested in the totem chakra it would become +2 to hit and 2 bleed. For Manticore Belt, when bound and no essentia you are correct there would be no spikes, and if I invested as standard it would become +2 to jump and spot as well as 1 spike. Totem chakra does not give me anything however it should grant me a total of 2 spikes and +4 to jump and spot when invested. So there is a total of 2 essentia invested yet hero lab says only 1 spike and only +2 to jump and spot.

AHA! Thanks for the clarification. I apparently wasn't fully understanding the issue. This is a timing problem, which I have fixed for the next release. If you want, you can also fix this yourself with a simple 2-step process.

1) Open the file 3.5 - Magic of Incarnum in the editor. Navigate to the Class -> Custom Ability tab. Scroll down to Manticore Belt, and press the Eval Scripts button on the right. Look for the script labeled "Set up Value4 = total essentia" and change the timing from 450 to 598. Save and close the Eval Scripts window.

2) Click on the Bootstraps button which is to the right of the Eval Scripts. On the bootstrap for "wSpikes" select the Condition button. Change the timing to 599.

Save the file and recompile (or reload d20). Unfortunately, the other error message still pops up when you apply essentia. Not sure why yet.

Update: I fixed the other bug as well. To do this, you'll need to open "Custom - New Natural Weapons" in a text editor. Look for the entry for "wSpikes" and remove the following line of code:
<tag group="wCategory" tag="RangeThrow"/>

Save and recompile (or reload).

Pirogoeth July 17th, 2018 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 268117)
AHA! Thanks for the clarification. I apparently wasn't fully understanding the issue. This is a timing problem, which I have fixed for the next release. If you want, you can also fix this yourself with a simple 2-step process.

The issue was my explanation I'm sure lol. Thank you! (and good luck on the thousand other issues you no doubt have to work on lol)

Pirogoeth July 17th, 2018 04:29 PM

Sorry to bother you again, but this is more just to let you know as it's an easy fix. Star Elf for some reason has a +2 to Dex when it should be to Cha, it even says so in the description. Thank you, and I hope you have a good day.

Sendric July 19th, 2018 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirogoeth (Post 268158)
Sorry to bother you again, but this is more just to let you know as it's an easy fix. Star Elf for some reason has a +2 to Dex when it should be to Cha, it even says so in the description. Thank you, and I hope you have a good day.

No problem. Thanks for the report. This has been fixed.

thaledison August 10th, 2018 02:26 PM

Bug with Factotum

The Factotum's Brains over Brawn applies before reaching the proper level.
I managed to fix it locally by adding
Code:

doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)
to the top of the cFacBovB Eval Script.

thaledison August 10th, 2018 02:43 PM

Magic of Incarnum Shape Soulmeld Feat

When taking the Shape Soulmeld feat, it causes a "too many" error on the class chosen to be the helper. Further, it does not appear in the tracked resources (even if you have a Essentia pool to invest in it). This is in contrast to how it works when selected via the proper meldshaper class.
Unnamed2.por - example portfolio.
Looking at Martial Study in the editor there are a number of differences, in how the two feats were implemented. However, I'm not sure if that's the right way to look at things.
If this ends up double posting with my other bug, I apologize.

Sendric August 27th, 2018 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaledison (Post 269256)
The Factotum's Brains over Brawn applies before reaching the proper level.
I managed to fix it locally by adding
Code:

doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)
to the top of the cFacBovB Eval Script.

Thanks for the report. This has been fixed.

Sendric August 27th, 2018 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thaledison (Post 269258)
When taking the Shape Soulmeld feat, it causes a "too many" error on the class chosen to be the helper. Further, it does not appear in the tracked resources (even if you have a Essentia pool to invest in it). This is in contrast to how it works when selected via the proper meldshaper class.
Unnamed2.por - example portfolio.
Looking at Martial Study in the editor there are a number of differences, in how the two feats were implemented. However, I'm not sure if that's the right way to look at things.
If this ends up double posting with my other bug, I apologize.

Thanks for the report. Looks like a simple timing issue. Go into the editor and find the Shape Soulmeld Helper feat. Change the timing for the first script from Post-Attributes (Users) to Post-Levels. This should resolve the problem.

FallenPhoenix August 28th, 2018 12:57 AM

Dragon Magic Soulmelds

Hi there. From what I can tell the soulmelds from Dragon Magic pg 82-85 aren't included in the data-set at all. I could be reading it wrong, but I definitely can't spot them and they aren't available to be selected even after meeting the prerequisites.

Thanks for your efforts so far, this is an exceptional product.

Sendric August 28th, 2018 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenPhoenix (Post 269892)
Hi there. From what I can tell the soulmelds from Dragon Magic pg 82-85 aren't included in the data-set at all. I could be reading it wrong, but I definitely can't spot them and they aren't available to be selected even after meeting the prerequisites.

Thanks for your efforts so far, this is an exceptional product.

That is correct. They are on my list to add for the next update, but I've had a rough summer so things are moving more slowly than usual. Hopefully September will be more productive.

Hengist August 29th, 2018 09:35 AM

Hello. I hope someone can help. I went to access my character sheets in d20 yesterday and every single rulebook was missing from the program. Every single one. It worked fine two days earlier and no updates happened betwixt time, to my knowledge. Any ideas on how to reload all the rulebooks and make sure this doesn't happen again?

Sendric August 29th, 2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hengist (Post 269968)
Hello. I hope someone can help. I went to access my character sheets in d20 yesterday and every single rulebook was missing from the program. Every single one. It worked fine two days earlier and no updates happened betwixt time, to my knowledge. Any ideas on how to reload all the rulebooks and make sure this doesn't happen again?

Are you getting any errors when you load up the d20 system?

Illyahr September 5th, 2018 04:25 PM

The feat Ishiken-do (Rokugan campaign setting) should assign ShugnVoid to shugenja secondary spells, not primary.

Sendric September 6th, 2018 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 270218)
The feat Ishiken-do (Rokugan campaign setting) should assign ShugnVoid to shugenja secondary spells, not primary.

Thanks. Fixed.

Vellcrow December 8th, 2018 05:11 PM

When I have a small character like a Halfling buy sling bullets, the warning "You can't use this weapon, because it's the wrong size for you" appears under the Weapons tab after purchase.

Is this normal?

Dami December 8th, 2018 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vellcrow (Post 273773)
When I have a small character like a Halfling buy sling bullets, the warning "You can't use this weapon, because it's the wrong size for you" appears under the Weapons tab after purchase.

Is this normal?

A small hero should be buying small equipment. On your weapons tab, make sure that the "Click to add a new weapon of size" is SMALL. Quite likely you have this set to Medium - that's why you are getting a validation error.

Vellcrow December 9th, 2018 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 273778)
A small hero should be buying small equipment. On your weapons tab, make sure that the "Click to add a new weapon of size" is SMALL. Quite likely you have this set to Medium - that's why you are getting a validation error.

Thanks, but that is not it. I even tried changing the weapon size to tiny or diminutive, it still does not work.

Dami December 10th, 2018 01:46 AM

I specifically made up a Halfling and bought sling bullets to test, and didn't have a problem. Is your hero enlarged? Can you post a copy of the portfolio? I may be able to work out what's happening.
Changing to tiny or diminutive weapon size should give you a validation error for the same reason - that's not a Halfling's size.

Vellcrow December 10th, 2018 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 273816)
I specifically made up a Halfling and bought sling bullets to test, and didn't have a problem. Is your hero enlarged? Can you post a copy of the portfolio? I may be able to work out what's happening.
Changing to tiny or diminutive weapon size should give you a validation error for the same reason - that's not a Halfling's size.

The Halfling hero is standard in every way. After doing some searching on this forum, the sling bullet size error has been around for a long time and I am not the only person having this issue.

I uploaded the profile here.

Dark_Soul December 30th, 2018 11:24 AM

Feat Errors

1 Attachment(s)
This has been coming up now and then for a little while, but never with this many at the same time. It happens when I click to choose feats for the character.

Sendric December 31st, 2018 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vellcrow (Post 273840)
The Halfling hero is standard in every way. After doing some searching on this forum, the sling bullet size error has been around for a long time and I am not the only person having this issue.

I uploaded the profile here.

Yes, this is a limitation with the d20 set. There isn't a tag to remove the ability to equip weapons such as sling bullets other than the one that produces this error. While it is annoying it can be ignored. It doesn't have any real effect on your character sheet.