Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bug Reports - Community Created 3.5 D&D data set (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12785)

Atrius July 17th, 2016 06:50 AM

Thanks, as always, for the quick responses, Sendric. We have one more issue/feature request, but I know this might go to the bottom of the line: is there any way to have the domain selections only show valid options based upon the player's deity? For example, a Radiant Servant of Pelor is showing all domains for which it is not alignment-prohibited (e.g. domains requiring evil or chaotic) as valid options.

Sendric July 17th, 2016 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atrius (Post 232261)
Thanks, as always, for the quick responses, Sendric. We have one more issue/feature request, but I know this might go to the bottom of the line: is there any way to have the domain selections only show valid options based upon the player's deity? For example, a Radiant Servant of Pelor is showing all domains for which it is not alignment-prohibited (e.g. domains requiring evil or chaotic) as valid options.

Anything that is grayed out can be removed by changing the drop-down at the top of the window from "Everything" to "Only valid items". Beyond that, ShadowChemosh is putting in a lot of work to improve the deity field. Currently, there isn't really anything we can do based on the character's deity, but that will be changing with the next core release.

Illyahr July 26th, 2016 08:01 PM

Silverbrow human (Dragon Magic) bestows the dragonblood subtype but the feats that check for the dragonblood subtype don't register it.

Sendric July 27th, 2016 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 232664)
Silverbrow human (Dragon Magic) bestows the dragonblood subtype but the feats that check for the dragonblood subtype don't register it.

Probably a timing issue. I'll check it out. Thanks.

Atrius July 31st, 2016 05:25 AM

Any idea when the other classes from Dragon Compendium will be implemented? It looks like the only class that is implemented is Force Missile Mage.

Illyahr July 31st, 2016 08:27 AM

Incarnate Weapon for the Incarnate (Magic of Incarnum): The battle axe version shows the stun chance even if it isn't bound to your arms.

Sendric August 1st, 2016 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atrius (Post 232796)
Any idea when the other classes from Dragon Compendium will be implemented? It looks like the only class that is implemented is Force Missile Mage.

No current time-table, but I can add it to the list.

Sendric August 1st, 2016 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 232808)
Incarnate Weapon for the Incarnate (Magic of Incarnum): The battle axe version shows the stun chance even if it isn't bound to your arms.

Thanks. I see what I did there. All set now.

Illyahr August 2nd, 2016 01:20 PM

Holy Warrior class variant (Complete Champion) should remove spellcasting entirely (there's a checkbox). It instead reduces spells/day to 0. Effectively the same thing, but allows it to stack with other variants that remove spellcasting.

Also the Exemplar abilities Sustaining Presence and Intellectual Agility have timing issues. They are set for the 'Post-Level" phase when they should trigger later at the 'Post-Attribute" phase since they give bonuses based off of Charisma and Intelligence, respectively.

Sendric August 3rd, 2016 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 232884)
Holy Warrior class variant (Complete Champion) should remove spellcasting entirely (there's a checkbox). It instead reduces spells/day to 0. Effectively the same thing, but allows it to stack with other variants that remove spellcasting.

Fixed

Quote:

Also the Exemplar abilities Sustaining Presence and Intellectual Agility have timing issues. They are set for the 'Post-Level" phase when they should trigger later at the 'Post-Attribute" phase since they give bonuses based off of Charisma and Intelligence, respectively.
And fixed. These scripts also ignored whether the special was active. This has also been fixed. Thanks for the report.

Illyahr August 3rd, 2016 05:37 PM

Hathran (Player's Guide to Faerun) has a problems with prerequisites. It says "No item creation feats (except scribe scroll)," but it's counting metamagic feats instead of item creation feats.

Script should probably be < 1 instead of =0 as only wizards get scribe scroll for free so a sorcerer with no creation feats comes up -1 and still gets an error.

Sendric August 5th, 2016 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 232915)
Hathran (Player's Guide to Faerun) has a problems with prerequisites. It says "No item creation feats (except scribe scroll)," but it's counting metamagic feats instead of item creation feats.

Script should probably be < 1 instead of =0 as only wizards get scribe scroll for free so a sorcerer with no creation feats comes up -1 and still gets an error.

Thanks for the report. I'm sure we'll get this fixed for next time.

Illyahr August 5th, 2016 04:48 PM

The AC Bonus for Swordsage (Tome of Battle) is giving the AC bonus at level 1, even though the Swordsage doesn't get the ability until level two.

I tried a "If level >= 2 then" phrase in the eval rules and that corrected it.

Also, the Discipline Weapon Focus from the same source gives you weapon focus with your discipline's weapons but doesn't get around the +1 BAB requirement that weapon focus requires, so you get an error.

Dami August 6th, 2016 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ynnswa (Post 135946)
I've run into an error attempting to create a ninja. The text of it is below:

"Attempt to access non-live child pick 'xSudStrike' from script
Location: 'eval' script for Thing 'cNinSudStr' (Eval Script '#1') near line 11"

This is from back a long while ago, but it's just happened to me. The ninja stuff is in Complete Adventurer. The xSudStrike ability is in the Heroes of Battle user file and it's only source marked as Heroes of Battle. I've made the ninja work by adding the 'Complete Adventurer" tag to the source - since I don't have HoB as a source for any of my portfolios. Perhaps for the next release the extra source could be added to the ability.

Sendric August 8th, 2016 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 233069)
This is from back a long while ago, but it's just happened to me. The ninja stuff is in Complete Adventurer. The xSudStrike ability is in the Heroes of Battle user file and it's only source marked as Heroes of Battle. I've made the ninja work by adding the 'Complete Adventurer" tag to the source - since I don't have HoB as a source for any of my portfolios. Perhaps for the next release the extra source could be added to the ability.

Thanks. I've removed the source altogether. No reason for it, to be honest.

Sendric August 8th, 2016 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 233027)
The AC Bonus for Swordsage (Tome of Battle) is giving the AC bonus at level 1, even though the Swordsage doesn't get the ability until level two.

Fixed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 233027)
Also, the Discipline Weapon Focus from the same source gives you weapon focus with your discipline's weapons but doesn't get around the +1 BAB requirement that weapon focus requires, so you get an error.

Also fixed.

Thanks for the report.

LilithSidhe August 12th, 2016 12:04 PM

Races of Destiny - Missing Spells

Hello, I'm trying to add the spell 'Friendly Face' from Races of Destiny to my Bard
Spells in d20 (D&D 3.5). It's not listed. I have the Community packages with just about everything checked under Configure Hero to look for it (including Races of Destiny) and it's still not listed. Please advise where it is?

[I'm not sure if I posted to correct forum. Sorry, new at this.]

Sendric August 15th, 2016 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilithSidhe (Post 233368)
Hello, I'm trying to add the spell 'Friendly Face' from Races of Destiny to my Bard
Spells in d20 (D&D 3.5). It's not listed. I have the Community packages with just about everything checked under Configure Hero to look for it (including Races of Destiny) and it's still not listed. Please advise where it is?

[I'm not sure if I posted to correct forum. Sorry, new at this.]

Apparently we don't have the spells from Races of Destiny entered yet. I'll see about doing this for the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

ted11 August 20th, 2016 07:04 AM

Very minor thing, noticed MIC item Wilding Clasp is mispelled Wildling Clasp as item name, but correct within the description.

Dami August 20th, 2016 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 233452)
Apparently we don't have the spells from Races of Destiny entered yet. I'll see about doing this for the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I've been doing some work adding the City and Destiny Domains (and related spells) from Races of Destiny. I'll add the "Friendly Face" spell to this. I should have the file to Sendric within a few days. Hopefully he hasn't been working on this at the same time!

Sendric August 22nd, 2016 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ted11 (Post 233684)
Very minor thing, noticed MIC item Wilding Clasp is mispelled Wildling Clasp as item name, but correct within the description.

Fixed. Thanks.

Sendric August 22nd, 2016 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dami (Post 233695)
I've been doing some work adding the City and Destiny Domains (and related spells) from Races of Destiny. I'll add the "Friendly Face" spell to this. I should have the file to Sendric within a few days. Hopefully he hasn't been working on this at the same time!

I have not! Thanks, Dami!

qstor August 29th, 2016 04:30 PM

Has someone done the firearms from the DMG?

Sendric August 30th, 2016 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qstor (Post 233997)
Has someone done the firearms from the DMG?

I don't know what you mean exactly, but some firearms stuff was done out of the Ravenloft material.

Illyahr September 20th, 2016 08:01 PM

The Giant type doesn't list or bootstrap the features it gets like the other types do. It is the only one I have spotted like this.

Also the regeneration ability (xRegen) is supposed to put the Value at the end of the name but doesn't. It just says Regeneration 0.

Created a race that casts as a wujen but getting a lot of these errors when trying to add to spellbook: Table portal 'sPick' makes use of an agent reference but no agent pick is defined

and one of these: Attempt to use an 'additem' script within a table with no valid 'addthing' for portal '_tableadd_'

Sendric September 21st, 2016 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 234831)
The Giant type doesn't list or bootstrap the features it gets like the other types do. It is the only one I have spotted like this.

Thanks. This issue has been addressed for the next release.

Quote:

Also the regeneration ability (xRegen) is supposed to put the Value at the end of the name but doesn't. It just says Regeneration 0.
You need to fill the Value field prior to Final Phase/100.

Quote:

Created a race that casts as a wujen but getting a lot of these errors when trying to add to spellbook: Table portal 'sPick' makes use of an agent reference but no agent pick is defined

and one of these: Attempt to use an 'additem' script within a table with no valid 'addthing' for portal '_tableadd_'
This, I believe, has been addressed for the next core release. When you send me your updated file I'll be able to check it and make sure.

Illyahr September 21st, 2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sendric (Post 234845)
You need to fill the Value field prior to Final Phase/100.

So you can't just add the tag with the bootstrap like everything else? Weird.

Sendric September 21st, 2016 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 234848)
So you can't just add the tag with the bootstrap like everything else? Weird.

There needs to be a script in place for that to work. xRegen doesn't have it at this time. I could look into adding that in at some point in the future.

Illyahr September 28th, 2016 12:08 PM

Barbarian's Greater Rage ability, Value2 is supposed to be 3, not 2. Will save bonus doesn't change otherwise.

ShadowChemosh September 28th, 2016 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 235251)
Barbarian's Greater Rage ability, Value2 is supposed to be 3, not 2. Will save bonus doesn't change otherwise.

Does the community have a custom version of Rage? Or is this a LW bug?

Illyahr September 28th, 2016 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 235258)
Does the community have a custom version of Rage? Or is this a LW bug?

Yes. A Special was made for bootstrapping since almost all instances of Rage have the same scripting. This way things like PrC's that check for Rage don't have to go through the entire lineup of checks and feats like Extra Rage only have to worry about the one ability.

Kinda like how Turn / Rebuke Undead is it's own special.

ShadowChemosh September 28th, 2016 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 235273)
Yes. A Special was made for bootstrapping since almost all instances of Rage have the same scripting. This way things like PrC's that check for Rage don't have to go through the entire lineup of checks and feats like Extra Rage only have to worry about the one ability.

Kinda like how Turn / Rebuke Undead is it's own special.

Yes I know. But you didn't answer my question. Does the community have a xRage they entered doing a Replace Thing ID to the core LW xRage Thing?

If not this is a LW bug not a community bug and you should report it in the correct forum thread. Just cause you found an issue does not mean Sendric can fix it. :)

Unless Sendric says otherwise I am going to assume this is a core issue to fix.

Illyahr September 28th, 2016 08:40 PM

Ah ok. Didn't realize it was a core fix. My apologies.

ShadowChemosh September 28th, 2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 235290)
Ah ok. Didn't realize it was a core fix. My apologies.

No problem.

On average stuff with an 'x' starting will most likely be a core issue not a community one.

The other way to tell is if it is "source" marked to a specific book. 99% of the LW stuff is not source marked to anything.

Sendric September 29th, 2016 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 235289)
Unless Sendric says otherwise I am going to assume this is a core issue to fix.

There is no community version of Rage. As a general rule, issues with the base classes will almost always be core issues. There are some instances where core things are replaced, but this is not one them.

Illyahr October 6th, 2016 11:04 PM

A goliath barbarian's Mountain Rage (races of stone) still checks for cBrbRage instead of the updated xRage. The ability needs to be adjusted to function properly.

Sendric October 7th, 2016 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 235802)
A goliath barbarian's Mountain Rage (races of stone) still checks for cBrbRage instead of the updated xRage. The ability needs to be adjusted to function properly.

I will get that fixed. Thanks for the report.

Illyahr October 8th, 2016 09:08 AM

Leafweave, Elven (material, Arms and Equipment Guide) states that it cannot be put on metal armor, yet the the "requires metal" tag is selected for it.

Sendric October 10th, 2016 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illyahr (Post 235871)
Leafweave, Elven (material, Arms and Equipment Guide) states that it cannot be put on metal armor, yet the the "requires metal" tag is selected for it.

Fixed. I also removed the tag allowing it to be applied to weapons. Nothing in the description mentions using it for weapons. Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be any way to prevent it from being applied to metal armor.

Dami October 24th, 2016 02:21 AM

Bug report - 'Overpowering Attack' class variant in "3.5 - Players Handbook 2.user".
This class variant is meant to replace the Fighter bonus feat gained at 16th level. It does this, but the feat does not remain deducted if the hero gains more fighter levels.
Suggested correction to user.file - the "Modified Bonus Feats Per Level" table should have -1 in ALL the Rows from 15 onwards.