Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Feature Request: Custom Ethnicities (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=13964)

RavenX September 14th, 2011 04:08 PM

Feature Request: Custom Ethnicities

Something I realized while playing around with the editor was a lack of ethnicity tab. Is it in there under a different name? If not can it be added to Hero Lab?

I realized that I could actually use some of the 4th edition content in my campaigns with the Ethnicities, such as characters ethnic backgrounds and game benefits based on which city-state the characters come from.

I am hoping to input these things via the ethnicity option.

Mathias September 14th, 2011 04:22 PM

R Cust Special

RavenX September 14th, 2011 05:29 PM

Ok was wondering what that was. Thanks! One more question? Which data package is it that unlocks the Factions part of Hero Lab? I want to add in Veiled Alliance and Templar factions to the game system but I need to know what data package I need to get next.

Mathias September 14th, 2011 07:06 PM

Data packages never unlock mechanisms - they only contain data. All the mechanisms are always there. Since all users get the Pathfinder Society content, there are even some examples on the Faction tab to copy, even if you don't own the Faction Guide (which has lots more examples).

Mathias September 14th, 2011 07:10 PM

Among the "Optional Rules" in the Configure Hero form's settings is "Use Factions/Backgrounds" - you can check that to make the Faction table show up on the Background tab.

RavenX September 14th, 2011 07:58 PM

Ok thanks for the help Mathias

dartnet September 15th, 2011 05:03 AM

Could we do the same for Human Ethnicities as it stands now they are only accessible if your using the Inner Sea Guide and it would be nice to have that option for non-Inner Sea games.

Mathias September 15th, 2011 08:37 AM

Those Ethnicities were only published in the Inner Sea World Guide - so, select Inner Sea World Guide to see those ethnicities.

dartnet September 15th, 2011 08:02 PM

Understood how ever if you do Ethnicities for another source like a home game unless you select the Inner Sea guide you can't use them.

Rabit September 29th, 2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dartnet (Post 62579)
Understood how ever if you do Ethnicities for another source like a home game unless you select the Inner Sea guide you can't use them.

Yeah, having the same issue, here. Just came out hoping to find an answer. :(

I don't want to have the Inner Sea Guide included, I want only my custom user data included. I've defined ethnicities for my custom user data. When I have Inner Sea Guide included, I can see my ethnicities. When I remove the Inner Sea Guide, the ability to select an ethnicity vanishes from Hero Lab completely.

It looks like having an ethnicity is tied to the Inner Sea Guide? :confused:

Rabit