Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - d20 System (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Looking to add some adjustments (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=63818)

Provos February 19th, 2020 09:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to get the rapid shot feat to work. I did correct the typo in the
Code:

doneif (field[hIsOn1].value = 0)
I think it should be pIsOn

"When trying to test the Adjustment I get Specified thing is actively in use. All references must be deleted before changes can be applied."

Sendric February 19th, 2020 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 286090)
Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to get the rapid shot feat to work. I did correct the typo in the
Code:

doneif (field[hIsOn1].value = 0)
I think it should be pIsOn

"When trying to test the Adjustment I get Specified thing is actively in use. All references must be deleted before changes can be applied."

Not sure what that error is all about. I created a new feat for this, but if you want an adjustment in the meantime, I created and tested an adjustment for this using the same code as the feat:

Pre-Levels/10000
Code:

~ If we're not selected, get out now.
doneif (field[pIsOn].value = 0)

~ Add extra attack and apply rapid shot penalty.
foreach pick in hero from BaseWep where "thingid.w? & wCategory.Range?"
  if (eachpick.tagis[Helper.ExtraHigh] = 0) then
    eachpick.field[wAttBonus].value -= 2
    perform eachpick.assign[Helper.ExtraHigh]
  endif
nexteach

Provos February 19th, 2020 10:10 AM

Thanks

Provos February 21st, 2020 06:50 PM

So now it appears that this rapid shot does not stack with haste. Rapid shot give an extra attack at -2 for the first two attacks and haste should just an extra base attack and it doesn't.

Illyahr February 23rd, 2020 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Provos (Post 286178)
So now it appears that this rapid shot does not stack with haste. Rapid shot give an extra attack at -2 for the first two attacks and haste should just an extra base attack and it doesn't.

Unless an effect specifically states otherwise, the general rule is effects that add extra attacks don't stack with each other.

Provos February 23rd, 2020 04:04 PM

I was checking several forum looking for an answer on that. I believe you even has a post here about it not stacking. It seems to stacks in Pathfinder at least according to several posts I found.

cshadow133 February 25th, 2020 08:07 AM

I am unsure about Pathfinder, but 3.5 d20 system it doesn't stack. So no Rapid Fire with Haste or Furry of Blows with Haste. :(

Provos February 25th, 2020 05:16 PM

Can anyone point me to something that says they don't stack. I only ask because I have played in several groups and they have all allowed it to stack. I have read the Haste spell wording and I can understand boots of speed not stacking as that is just haste.
Quote:

(This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

Dami February 25th, 2020 11:36 PM

Since the Haste spell states "This effect is not cumulative with similar effects" you could certainly decide that it does not stack with Rapid Shot because the feat is giving a similar effect. There is nothing official that specifically states they do or do not stack with each other, that I am aware of. (In either 3.5 or PF - the text is the same.)

In my game (both 3.5 and PF, Haste and Rapid Shot stack. In PF hero Lab, both work together correctly - A 6th fighter with a longbow (BA +6/+1, 14 Dex for +2 bonus) gets +1 attack from haste, and a -2 penalty from Rapid Shot (to ALL attacks) for a total of +7/+7/+7/+2.

Provos February 26th, 2020 10:20 PM

Is there a way to set thing to let them stack? Maybe set that as an option when setting up a new character.