Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - User Projects (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   [Modiphius 2d20] Star Trek Adventures (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=58838)

TaylorBland October 5th, 2020 05:30 PM

Well, it did work for a second, then it crashed and when i restarted it, it read the same error message again. how would one go about fixing this then?:confused::confused::confused:

jbearwillis November 12th, 2020 06:49 PM

Is there anyone that can help me fix this error... I didn't find an answer to the same question a few post above mine, Thanks for any help...

The data files could not be loaded due to the following errors:

Resource 'fntlarge' - Font 'CourierNew' is not available on all platforms and may not be used
One or more timing errors were identified. Please review the timing report and correct the errors. You can access the report under the 'Develop' menu or by clicking this link.

Phrll November 13th, 2020 04:15 AM

This probably isn't the best fix, but it worked for me. Go to Tools -> Explore Folders -> Game System Data Folder and edit styles.ui.aug with notepad, notepad++ or something other than a word processor. Search for fntlarge and change the face field to Arial.

jbearwillis November 13th, 2020 05:51 AM

Thank you Phril, much appreciated, that worked...

PGoodman13 March 13th, 2021 07:24 AM

It's been close to a year since the last update. Will you be doing anything with the Klingon core book?

PGoodman13 March 13th, 2021 08:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, this is funky. I haven't been into Hero Lab in a while except to make sure I've downloaded bug fixes. Current version I'm using is 64-bit V8.9h #958. STA dataset is 1.9.

I needed to check on something regarding an existing character for a campaign that's been dormant for a while. So I fired up HL 64-bit, opened up the character's portfolio, and was greeted with this warning:

"Errors were encountered when loading the saved portfolio! If you notice incorrect behaviors in your portfolio, please report it to the data file authors (you can contact them from the help menu).

Portfolio created with different version of product. Compatibility is unknown but attempting load anyway.
Source portal ‘menutype’ has been orphaned for pick ‘typMain’
Pick ‘typMain’ has been orphaned due to missing source portal in batch ‘54’
One or more selections on ‘Andromeda Wolfe’ couldn’t be loaded. They may require content that isn’t available to this Hero Lab license, or user content that isn’t currently loaded.
‘Unarmed Strike’ is not available and can’t be loaded."

Now yes, it's been a while since I opened this character last, and HL has had several updates. I've seen similar messages before; this usually disappears when you save the portfolio and re-open it. That bit about "Unarmed Strike' not available has me a little leery, however.

So I hit OK on the warning so it loads the portfolio. Imagine my surprise when I click on the Basics tab and discover that my Human security chief is a starship now. I've attached a PNG of my Basics screen for your perusal.

I just tried opening the same portfolio in the 32-bit HL and get the same results, so something is clearly borked.

ETA 1: Tried it with a couple of different portfolios in both 32- and 64-bit versions, and the same errors occur.

ETA 2: Tried to build a new character, and things seem to be going okay, at least in 32-bit. Can save and reopen the portfolio without incident.

PGoodman13 March 13th, 2021 12:22 PM

Okay, don't really know why it's happening, but I have found a workaround for this. Assumes the character portfolio is unlocked; I haven't tested it on a locked portfolio as yet.

1. Load character.
2. OK through error.
3. Go to Character menu.
4. Choose Configure Hero.
5. "Select Char Type" should show as red. Click on the star.
6. Choose "Type: Character (Main)".
7. Click "Select".
8. Click OK.
9. Save portfolio.

PGoodman13 March 13th, 2021 12:39 PM

Feature Request

Right now, you can use this to create Main Characters, Supporting Characters, and Starships. It would be handy if you could also use it to create Minor, Notable, and Major NPCs, which use different rules from Supporting Characters. This feature currently doesn't exist (or if it does, I can't seem to find it).

It would be handy if we could do all of these using the same tool.

PGoodman13 March 21st, 2021 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 293996)
It's been close to a year since the last update. Will you be doing anything with the Klingon core book?

I went in to make a character of my own for the first time in a while and discovered that 1.9 doesn't support Delta Quadrant either.

TCArknight March 25th, 2021 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 294326)
I went in to make a character of my own for the first time in a while and discovered that 1.9 doesn't support Delta Quadrant either.

I did not realize I hadn't gotten this in there. Working on that now, and should have in the next week or so...

TCArknight March 29th, 2021 11:13 AM

New version 1.10 should be available from the update link in the post linked to below. :)

Quote:

v1.10
Release: 03/29/21
Fixed -
Career (Veteran Officer): now correctly counts the Veteran talent for the Talent tab to display 4 of 4 talents.
"Courier New" font for "fntLarge" replaced by Arial
fixed several species traits that prevented them from being used with Mixed Heritage "Add Traits"
Editor (Traits): changed from it_tagPick to it_taglist for Trait Category
Stock characters updated for new version

New -
Editor (Traits): added it_tagPick option to select SpeciesTrait.? for trait
Delta Quadrant Sourcebook
+ New Species and related Traits and Talents

jbearwillis March 29th, 2021 07:21 PM

Thank you so much for all your work....

PGoodman13 April 21st, 2021 05:13 PM

Finally letting me post!!

In an effort to have all the bugs in one place for easy reference, so that TCArknight doesn't have to look in several places for my prattling....

1. According to the core rulebook, page 248, the Miranda class was commissioned in 2274. According to the app (with dataset 1.10), it's commissioned in 2262. This gives it a refit that it's not entitled to.

2. It seems to calculate starship combat damage wrong. A scale 4 ship with Security 3 should have phaser damage of 7 and photon torpedo damage of 6; the ship I'm currently building is showing 8 and 7, respectively. (Later: Okay, so part of this is me misreading something; the ship in question has phaser banks, which increases the damage by one, so the 8 damage for phasers scans. Dunno why the photon torpedoes are showing as being 7 instead of 6, though.)

TCArknight April 22nd, 2021 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 294608)
Finally letting me post!!

In an effort to have all the bugs in one place for easy reference, so that TCArknight doesn't have to look in several places for my prattling....

1. According to the core rulebook, page 248, the Miranda class was commissioned in 2274. According to the app (with dataset 1.10), it's commissioned in 2262. This gives it a refit that it's not entitled to.

2. It seems to calculate starship combat damage wrong. A scale 4 ship with Security 3 should have phaser damage of 7 and photon torpedo damage of 6; the ship I'm currently building is showing 8 and 7, respectively. (Later: Okay, so part of this is me misreading something; the ship in question has phaser banks, which increases the damage by one, so the 8 damage for phasers scans. Dunno why the photon torpedoes are showing as being 7 instead of 6, though.)

Thanks!

I'll check into these and see what can be done.

PGoodman13 April 25th, 2021 02:36 PM

An Intrepid class ship is showing up as Scale 0. All of its attacks are likewise showing as 0 [CD], to include photon torpedoes.

I haven't had a chance to dig through files, and honestly I don't know what I'd be looking for, but could the photon torpedoes be using Scale as a part of its calculation? Because that would lead to some of the numbers I'm seeing (though it wouldn't explain why this stock Intrepid with no mission profile as yet is showing 0 for its attacks, since they should at least be adding the Security stat).

TCArknight April 30th, 2021 01:59 PM

Ok, Intrepid and Miranda issues are fixed for next release.

Also, looks like Photon Torpedoes still were including the Scale in the Damage calculation when they shouldn't:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Core, pages 254-255
Unlike energy weapons, torpedoes don’t use the ship’s Scale as part of their damage value. Instead, they use the damage value listed below, and then add extra [CD] equal to the ship’s Security skill.

I just need to go through and make sure all Torps are set up correctly. :)

Anything else I missed?

PGoodman13 May 1st, 2021 06:57 AM

Not that I'm aware of, but I'm only now getting into ship construction within the app, if I'm honest.

Farling May 3rd, 2021 08:09 AM

I just tried loading v1.10 for the first time, but I get a host of errors:

All about non-existent components with various names: UserSelect, Custom, Tracker, CanAdvance, SpecialTab

Is a file missing which was supplied in an earlier version?

TCArknight May 3rd, 2021 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farling (Post 294791)
I just tried loading v1.10 for the first time, but I get a host of errors:

All about non-existent components with various names: UserSelect, Custom, Tracker, CanAdvance, SpecialTab

Is a file missing which was supplied in an earlier version?

Very odd.... do you have advancement.core and components.core? I believe components.core would contain the ones you had listed...

Farling May 3rd, 2021 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 294794)
Very odd.... do you have advancement.core and components.core? I believe components.core would contain the ones you had listed...

Yes, those two files are missing.

TCArknight May 5th, 2021 05:15 PM

A new version should be showing as available. (@Farling - I double checked and this should have both the advancement.core and the components.core files. let me know if still not seeing them... )

Quote:

v1.11
Release: 05/05/2021
Fixed -
Intrepid starship: Scale of 4 is missing
Miranda starship: Year entered service should be 2274
Photon Torpedo damage too high

New -
Allow custom selection of additional weapons for Starships
Delta Quadrant Sourcebook
+ Starship Talent - Hot Rod, Voth High Resolution Sensors, Voth Cloaking Device
My next big thing is to check and see what differences between the Core STA and the Klingon Corebook. Any other suggestions for what you'd like to see are greatly appreciated. :)

PGoodman13 May 10th, 2021 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCArknight (Post 294840)
A new version should be showing as available. My next big thing is to check and see what differences between the Core STA and the Klingon Corebook. Any other suggestions for what you'd like to see are greatly appreciated. :)

Have fun with that....

PGoodman13 May 10th, 2021 06:33 PM

So far, not experiencing any problems with 1.11

PGoodman13 June 27th, 2021 03:07 PM

Do we have Klingon CRB yet?

Jay_NOLA July 24th, 2021 08:50 AM

1. ) The DS9_Player_Characters.stock , the TNG_Player_Characters.stock , & the TOS_Player_Characters.stock files are giving numerous errors when you open them.

2.) Can you add an Ushaan-tor to the Melee Weapons Equipment List. If a charter has the Ushaan Talent they get one to start with. The stats for the Ushaan-tor are in the Ushhaan Talent's description in the STA Core book.

PGoodman13 September 5th, 2021 12:50 PM

Using 1.11, Hero Lab 64-bit all nice and updated.

Building a Luna class starship. There's an error message saying "Ship Mission Pods: Resource Overspent." I have no idea at all how to clear this, since I never clicked on anything that said "Mission Pods" during the build.

TCArknight September 19th, 2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 295622)
Do we have Klingon CRB yet?

Just recently picked this up, haven’t had a chance to dive into the differences… but will. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA (Post 295952)
1. ) The DS9_Player_Characters.stock , the TNG_Player_Characters.stock , & the TOS_Player_Characters.stock files are giving numerous errors when you open them.

2.) Can you add an Ushaan-tor to the Melee Weapons Equipment List. If a charter has the Ushaan Talent they get one to start with. The stats for the Ushaan-tor are in the Ushhaan Talent's description in the STA Core book.

1) I’ll check this, I may need to update them for 1.11
2) Added for next release. :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by PGoodman13 (Post 296564)
Building a Luna class starship. There's an error message saying "Ship Mission Pods: Resource Overspent." I have no idea at all how to clear this, since I never clicked on anything that said "Mission Pods" during the build.

Seems I was adding a additional “Mission Pod” in another component. This is fixed for the next release. :)

As a couple of questions for the next release:
1) what portions of the Shackleton Expanse guide absolutely need to be included for HL? Working on the Races and gear at the moment. :)

2) what still needs to be improved further or is felt as missing?

Jay_NOLA September 30th, 2021 07:33 AM

The only things that are missing that I can think of at the moment are:

1.) Enterprise Charters and the Iconic Villains from the character collections need to get added.

The starter set and STA quickstart charters have errors on 2 of them if you want to add them to things to add in as well, so the will give a validation error because of this. I entered them in as portfolio awhile back and caught that and even asked on the Modiphius forums if an errata existed. (Lian Zhang and the ship have the errors. Zhang has Jury Rig but not an Engineering of 4 and the Magellan has several errors.)

2.) Possible add some of the equipment and weapons scattered through the various books. Also, maybe add some info on phaser settings and the rules they have to the description of them.

3.) Add in the ability to select crew role and show what it gives. The starter set and STA quickstart charters had this on there character sheets and it helps players remember they get a special advantage for certain roles.

4.) Not sure if this would be doable but add in some of the NPCs and ships from the books to be used in the encounter builder.

TCArknight October 28th, 2021 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay_NOLA (Post 296892)
The only things that are missing that I can think of at the moment are:

1.) Enterprise Charters and the Iconic Villains from the character collections need to get added.

The starter set and STA quickstart charters have errors on 2 of them if you want to add them to things to add in as well, so the will give a validation error because of this. I entered them in as portfolio awhile back and caught that and even asked on the Modiphius forums if an errata existed. (Lian Zhang and the ship have the errors. Zhang has Jury Rig but not an Engineering of 4 and the Magellan has several errors.)

2.) Possible add some of the equipment and weapons scattered through the various books. Also, maybe add some info on phaser settings and the rules they have to the description of them.

3.) Add in the ability to select crew role and show what it gives. The starter set and STA quickstart charters had this on there character sheets and it helps players remember they get a special advantage for certain roles.

4.) Not sure if this would be doable but add in some of the NPCs and ships from the books to be used in the encounter builder.

1) I did finally get a copy of the Enterprise characters, so will be adding them. :)

2) I’ll see what I can do with this.

3) do you have a page reference for the Roles? I remember seeing them, but suddenly can’t find them…

4) possibly. Let me see what I can figure out? :)

charlieluce January 13th, 2022 09:40 PM

We're starting up a Star Trek Adventures campaign and as most of us are long-time Hero Lab users we are delighted to have the chance to use this!

No one has had any problems with the system except, sadly, the GM (the only one using a Mac instead of Windows). After he downloaded and installed the game system, on startup he gets the error below. Anyone know what the problem might be? He's tried re-downloading the game and reimporting.

https://i.imgur.com/Xb2xX9y.png

TCArknight January 14th, 2022 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 297964)
We're starting up a Star Trek Adventures campaign and as most of us are long-time Hero Lab users we are delighted to have the chance to use this!

Good to hear it's getting some use. :) Let me know if you see any issues or have any thoughts on improvements, etc.

About the error, I'm not sure what's going on there... it seems to crop up time and again. :( What version of the files are being used and what version of HL?

charlieluce January 14th, 2022 01:57 PM

It's v1.11 of the STA files, and HLC 89 for the Mac (but I'm not sure about the sub-version letter, I'll have to check).

Duggan January 15th, 2022 10:46 AM

Just as a gut reaction, while certain extensions load earlier than others, within the same extension, it's noted to essentially be random (although I suspect it's probably consistent within an OS). Maybe there's a race condition here?

TCArknight May 22nd, 2022 05:23 PM

Just a quick update. I'm back into working on this thanks to being Trek-inspired from watching Strange New Worlds. :)

I do have Roles selectable in the next version, what else is critically important? :)

charlieluce September 4th, 2022 02:43 PM

Our GM is talking about Milestones. Have Advancements been implemented yet?

TCArknight September 5th, 2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieluce (Post 299888)
Our GM is talking about Milestones. Have Advancements been implemented yet?

They haven't yet, but I'm in the process of adding them (running my own STA game, and will need them before too long).

charlieluce September 6th, 2022 03:33 PM

Not a problem, we can use Adjustments to workaround in the meantime.

Farling September 9th, 2022 10:38 AM

How many people here play Star Trek Adventures on Foundry VTT?
If you do, would you be interested in getting your HL portfolio files to load into Foundry (to create Actors for each character).

charlieluce September 9th, 2022 01:53 PM

Sadly, my GM is using Roll20. Though he is talking about using Foundry for Pathfinder 2E next year, so maybe someday?

TCArknight October 16th, 2022 03:13 PM

Just a tease as to what am working on including in next release. This is in addition to a few other improvements.

https://i.imgur.com/oOjy7k3l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/IHOuVEEl.jpg